Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bosch oven how to make it turn on

Options
  • 27-12-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

See attached photo.

Never used this before and can’t find a model number.

Any ideas how to make it go? Pushing the buttons on the left does nothing. Tried setting both knows to different positions and nothing. I’m guessing it’s not in manual? If if leave the oven knob on and turn the power off and on the oven does start for a second and then stops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The clock needs to be set to SOME time anyway. Ours isn't Bosch but needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I don’t have a Bosch but I have an oven that won’t turn on unless I set the time.
    Turn on the switches and then mess with the clock see if it fires up.

I have a Bosch not the same as yours but i have to press a key symbol on a touchpad to start the oven, think is a child lock as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Thanks. I've tried all the clock buttons several times but it wont change at all.

Anyone know how to work the clock or the model number so i can find a manual? I can't see a model number anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There’s probably a sticker visible when you open the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For alot of ovens you need to hit the two middle buttons at the same time the clock stops flashing and the oven can be used then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Possibly a child lock

See if this helps

https://youtu.be/gbf8V7pD518

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

On our non-Bosch you press the two buttons on the left to start setting it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

For alot of ovens you need to hit the two middle buttons at the same time the clock stops flashing and the oven can be used then

Thats it! Pressed and held the two middle buttons and then turned the timer dial.

WTF do ovens have timers I don't know. I bet no more than one in a thousand people use them.

Thanks for the help all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Odelay wrote: »

WTF do ovens have timers I don't know. I bet no more than one in a thousand people use them.

Thanks for the help all!

Beef bourgeonon - slow cooked for about 4-5 hours and let rest

Or

Slow-cooked lamb shanks.

Both perfect for timers

Both will impress! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement