Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan/Vegetarian Gifts

• 05-12-2019 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My wife is a vegetarian and we also do our best to curtail and eliminate our plastic use. I'm looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for ethical toiletries, bath sets, that kind of thing. Not make-up as she hardly uses it, but face creams, body rubs that kind of thing.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

Hi guys,

My wife is a vegetarian and we also do our best to curtail and eliminate our plastic use. I'm looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for ethical toiletries, bath sets, that kind of thing. Not make-up as she hardly uses it, but face creams, body rubs that kind of thing.

Cheers!

Lush have a great range of packaging free/organic/palm oil free/cruelty free products. Their shampoo bars in particular smell and look gorgeous as do their bath bombs.

Edit to add link: https://www.lush.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

Or even a good quality, nicely designed reusable water bottle. Chilly's and memobottle do glass and tin ones to avoid plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Thanks, I went for Lush last year, and I don't think she was totally enamoured with the range, unfortunately.

We are well down the reusable container road already as well, with plenty of water bottles, keep-cups and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Have a look at Skinful Affairs? They do a lot of shampoos and stuff that are vegan. Boots also have a vegan section in their online 'bootique' for creams and gift sets etc.

Tomitago is a skincare brand thats handmade in Kilkenny and I am sure most of their stuff is vegetarian/vegan and has good non plastic packaging. It also comes nicely presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

brilliant!

thanks so much I'll have a look at all of those now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Why give more stuff at all? A donation to an animal charity in lieu of gifts is what I've done for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FoodC

Hello,
    Maybe it is not an answer to your question but I can recommend high quality linseed oil - I think it would be a perfect part of your gift for her :)
    It have to be in dark glass bottle
    It is hard to find, but maybe you will have this possibility to buy it right from a private farm.. :)
    I am vegan and I would be happy to get gift like that

Advertisement