Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 493: 26/10/19 - 1/11/19

• 02-12-2019 12:14pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES JOINTLY TO:

redape99
    48975254641_23277e6ce5_c.jpg

and

Morrisseeee
    48969348047_24a11f3d49_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

DaireQuinlan
    48968987286_0dde8f3161_c.jpg

dinneenp
    48986279767_ba841037e1_c.jpg

Myksyk
    48967241686_ba0a086135_c.jpg

NEW WAVE
    athumoq.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS
    WELL DONE HMS

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF redape99 and Morrisseeee COULD TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE CAPTURE AND PROCESSING OF THE WINNING IMAGES.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Lovely snaps !

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭redape99

Thanks all, great stuff Morrisseeee and HMs. Not much to say technically about this kingfisher shot... shooting from a large bird hide pretty close to the perch that the kingfisher was using at about 10am so some nice warm light and a ringside seat. Fast shutter speed but underexposed a bit to try and keep the white patch detail. Didn't manage to see it catching fish but lovely to see them up so close. I was over in Pembrokeshire for a few days and this was at the Welsh Wildlife Centre near Cardigan (https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/the-welsh-wildlife-centre/). A few different hides there and a chance of seeing otter and deer as well as the birds. I spent sunrise to sunset there on this day... coffee and paninis available on site! Well worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Sorry, just seeing this now, didn't realize I was joint first. Great photos everyone. As for my processing, there wasn't much tbh, the sun setting gave me a great composition, ie. especially the light on the windows, so many windows ! I was going to crop it more but in the end stuck with the whole ship/cruiser.

Details: F6.3, 95mm, 1/640sec, ISO:400.

Advertisement