Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k FPV Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I have managed 3.5km on stock controller over farmland with video. Its all about line of sight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Ah, my cat ate 4 silver blades, so now I have 4 spare gold. Could have sent you one!

Actually, I have a silver blade I could post you tomorrow. Just PM me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cheers man. Just got it. Legend. :D

Kirby wrote:
    Cheers man. Just got it. Legend.

No worries ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

Anyone know where I could get the 4K camera repaired?

The SD card will not eject and the image is not even (horizon is off/lobsided)

(I have crashed the drone a few times :/ )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Xodar wrote: »

The SD card will not eject and the image is not even (horizon is off/lobsided)

(I have crashed the drone a few times :/ )

Check out the thread for this drone on bargain threads
    Think I saw someone selling drone for parts or similar

The camera is usually what gets it after a crash.

You ca buy new ones online, although they are 3/4 the price of a new drone. My advice? Wait on a good deal for the drone and buy again. You'll get a new cam, an additional battery and loads of spares to hand for the next incident!

Xodar wrote:

Not sure, it's the most complex part of the drone. Maybe try a local phone/PC repair shop?

I think a new drone is the answer....

Was gonna get the Mavic Pro 2 but may hold off a while until I stop crashing them :D (crashed the MI drone about 10 times. Amazing it still flies. The camera still works, it's just a little off and getting the SD card out is tricky.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Fair price between a Mavic 2 and a Xaoimi I'm guessing and of the two I'd be far more precious of the Mavic.

Kinda the thing I regret about my mavic air - was expensive so im afraid to play :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, fair difference in price alright.

If there is a Drone pilot course, I should do it :D

Any reviews on the FIMI x8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

whats the best drone to buy for around 400€ now I have never used one so will be only learning.

safetyboy wrote: »
    whats the best drone to buy for around 400€ now I have never used one so will be only learning.

These are a few decent options to look at around 400 euro.

Fimi X8 SE
    Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k
    DJI Spark
    Parrot Bebop 2

or

2nd hand Mavic Air/Pro
    2nd hand Parrot Anafi
    2nd hand Phantom 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Xodar wrote: »
    Any reviews on the FIMI x8?

I have purchased one on Banggood, just waiting for it to be in stock. Paid last week, said the 16th for next thing to happen with order. There is a coupon floating around which makes it 365e delivered. But expect to be stung with customs
    safetyboy wrote: »

See above for the fimi x8 se

BUT i have bought the SJRC F11 Pro and it delivered in a weeks, 167e and 50e customs. Have flown it a couple times and its my first drone so enjoying the flying aspect of it. The camera is so so , gives a very wide angle roundy look on all shots but ive used it mostly for flying practice. Not the best at handling it to be honest and find the controls can differ each time i use it, but saying that, ive hopped it off the gable of the house and it took off again a couple mins later!

Folks, can anyone help me troubleshoot an issue I'm facing (Mi Drone 4k)?

Drone worked fine, not a bother at all. Then I decided one day to register it, being the good boy that I am, and to get to the serial number, I had to remove the camera mount/gimbal. I got the serial number and put the camera back. I never actually switched the drone on during any of this.

That was a week or so ago.

Fast forward to today and the drone is perfect in every way. Everything is fine, except it won't display images when I click into view them on the midrone app. As a result, I can't preview what i've photographed, nor can I transfer the photos to my phone.

However, the photos still appear to be on the MicroSD when I connect it to a computer (so it is actually taking the photos).

I tried the following:

- Turning the drone off and on again
    - Turning the phone off and on again
    - Disconnecting and reconnecting the camera/gimball
    - Deleting and re-installing the app (mine is android)
    - buying a new MicroSD card and trying that
    - Resetting the drone by holding the reset butting under where the gimball connects
    - Changing batteries, and leaving it without a battery for half an hour in the hope of some kinda reset

I'm completely out of ideas altogether. It's very frustrating. :(

EDIT: I'm currently in the process of formatting the MicroSD on my desktop and I'll try that again, but it seems unlikely to help.

I tried the following:

- Turning the drone off and on again
    - Turning the phone off and on again
    - Disconnecting and reconnecting the camera/gimball
    - Deleting and re-installing the app (mine is android)
    - buying a new MicroSD card and trying that
    - Resetting the drone by holding the reset butting under where the gimball connects
    - Changing batteries, and leaving it without a battery for half an hour in the hope of some kinda reset

You've tried everything I'd recommend. Could it be storage permissions on the phone? I'll have a browse online to see if I can find anything..

tedpan wrote: »
    You've tried everything I'd recommend. Could it be storage permissions on the phone? I'll have a browse online to see if I can find anything..

I've tried googling around with no real luck myself. Haven't changed any phone settings.

I took it out after a reformat of the card to get a few photos. The first photo appeared as a blank thumbnail, then after that when i went back to take more photos and returned to the gallery, it was empty again.

Again, though, all photos actually on the card, and if i plug the card itself into the PC it works. So they are still being saved. :confused::(

KKV wrote:
    I've tried googling around with no real luck myself. Haven't changed any phone settings.

I couldn't find much online. I was thinking about it this morning, maybe the folder is full on your phone. Can you try deleting the folder where the cached photos/videos are stored on the phone. There maybe a limit?

Had thought of that myself, but i still have memory space available. I must try and get the brother's phone and see what the story is on his phone if i install the app and take a few photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Thinking about selling my Xiaomi 4K Drone. Prob used 12-15 times. Any ideas how much it would be worth?

eoz wrote:
    Thinking about selling my Xiaomi 4K Drone. Prob used 12-15 times. Any ideas how much it would be worth?

Probably not far off what you originally paid. The current issue with price is down to the Mavic Mini, it will affect the competition and resale on similar drones.

App no longer on play store? This device could become s doorstop pretty quickly 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I have one that has been crashed a few times, flies perfect...anyone want to buy it?

M5 wrote: »
    App no longer on play store? This device could become s doorstop pretty quickly 😔

Not sure why it's gone from the playstore. It can be downloadedhere

Not sure why it's gone from the playstore. It can be downloadedhere

Found it alright. Wonder if a remote brick is on the cards? The NFZs surely won't be updated if the app has been pulled

M5 wrote:
    Found it alright. Wonder if a remote brick is on the cards? The NFZs surely won't be updated if the app has been pulled

Hmmmm, maybe.. I'm sure the app whether it's installed through the play store or not will be connected to Xiaomi/Fimi servers, so may still update? I wonder if the app is geo locked and no longer available in Ireland, but have no clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Anyone any problems connecting to the RC. Mine now says that the app is for older software and I cannot get connected

satstheway wrote:
    Anyone any problems connecting to the RC. Mine now says that the app is for older software and I cannot get connected

Think it could be an issue with Android 10. Do you have an older phone to test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Think it could be an issue with Android 10. Do you have an older phone to test?

Not at the minute. Can you down grade the phone software?

Advertisement