Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fingallion

Its certainly worth rethinking the approach but just be slightly careful. The L2000 has a 220mm cutting width .....but the L1500 has 220mm cutting width also. (the lower priced machines (te M1000 and below) are all 180mm cutting decks). These bigger machines also have 28V batteries (make sure you verify this) which are not interchangeable with the cheaper machines. But.... I suspect there may be no difference at all between the L2000 and L1500 beyond the amount of wire and clips provided. It somewhat makes sense if you look at the high cost of wire from Worx... but as I said in my other post, just buy wire from Screwfix... It's 0.75mm copper insulated wire....nothing special about it at all.

BUT There's such a great price right now for the L2000 model.... might not be worth the heartache to bother messing with batteries etc if you can just buy it for €1249! Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Prospectors

My husqvarna mower seems to have stopped finding its guide wire.

Any tips on easily finding the problem?

I've checked that it is still connected at base station.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cillianclair

@jed68 bought a 430x from myRobotcentre. Ended up buying a separate power adapter from irish dealer online as no option to buy from European dealer. Had an issue with a large crack in chassis after 1st season and brought it to a local dealer. Turned out the European dealer had not registered the product for warranty but the local dealer sorted this for me and carried out repair under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭SocialSpud

Is the Worx Landroid L2000 worth the extra €250? Assume is it but want to double-check here. I have about 1200sqm over 2 lawns.

L1000 - €999 - https://www.myrobotcenter.eu/en/worx-landroid-l1000-wr147-2022

L2000 - €1249 - https://www.myrobotcenter.eu/en/worx-landroid-l2000-wr155e-2022

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

A question I'm struggling with too...

I'm leaning towards getting the L2000 and selling my 1 year old 1000 sqm McCullough.

The L2000 seems to be keenly priced.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely leaning towards the L2000. Not sure if this website is any better but it's slightly cheaper at €1208.95 including delivery to Ireland.

https://www.hornbach.nl/shop/WORX-Robotmaaier-Landroid-L2000/4626104/artikel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sonifex

Anyone have a Yard Force Compact 400Ri ? my lawn is 400 sqm so this machine would be ideal.

Also anyone can share their experience with https://www.myrobotcenter.eu/ are they good to deal with?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Order from the in November knowing that the L2000 was on back order. 1200e at the time.

I have emailed them a few times over the last few months for an update. More to just check in. I always got a friendly detailed reply within a hour or two. I understand that delays are a global issue so its nothing on them.

Shipping the 11th they say. Looking forward to getting it and getting going.

Went with the L2000 as it has a 5A battery. I've over 1000sqm of lawns in 3 separate areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 banjostring

Guys - I’ve had my Husqvarna 430X running now about three weeks and it’s absolutely flying. Just trying to get the working hours right (accept that the grass isn’t growing much now) but is it better to have it running 7 days a week at a consistent number of hours or should you work it 6 days a week for longer hours ?

Is it better for the machine & battery to give it 24hours off during the week ?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

That is a whopper of a mower. I guess it's down to how big the area you're cutting is, and how well it controls the grass for the amount of time it's out mowing.

Personally I'd see no problem in having it out 24/7 if the lawn required it, I'm sure the batteries are designed for a certain number of charge/discharge cycles and don't need a "rest" per se. Saving a handful of cycles per week may mean very little in terms of the overall life of the mower.

But I have a much cheaper and lower capacity mower so what do I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

I wouldn’t over think it. If it looks like the height is the same everywhere then it’s running enough. If it’s any bit patchy increase the run time. I’ve a 430x covering about 2500m2 and it’s currently running 9hrs a day 7 days a week. When the the growth kicks in I usually end up at about 14hrs a day

Fair play. My area is 2200 squares & the machine is coincidentally also running 9 hours a day. I might knock her back an hour a day and see how it fairs. No sense running it for the sake of running it !

Thanks very much for the reply 👍🏻👍🏻

I guess it'll be different once the nicer weather comes as you'll want to use the lawn, so 9 hours might be too often? Unless you have it going overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SevenAte9

I was running my 430x on 1800m/sq for 7 hours a day before the hour went forward and it was keeping up fine. Its been so dry recently that I have been dropping the cutting height so have run the mower for 12 hours a day for the last week to make sure the lawn is evenly cut everywhere. I have dropped it down to Level 3 on the mower and the lawn is looking spot on for this time of year. What height are owners of Huskys running at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I’m running mine at 7 height, 7 days a week and eight hours a day. Ii have a good few weeds and find if you keep it that bit longer the weeds don’t thrive as easily. Also, and I could be wrong, but I think if the grass is a little longer it doesn’t grow as quick and you can keep your running hours a little lower. I reckon if you can keep the hours to the minimum but still keeping the grass tidy you’re going to cut your maintenance costs in the future ? I had a Robomow 630 for about 8 years and it was brilliant to be fair, but after year 3 or 4 I found I was spending probably around €200 to €300 on parts etc and it became quite costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

the gardens in 3 sections so it’s not in the way much anyway. I like the option on it that you can just tell it to park until the next day if you are doing something and don’t want it running. I don’t typically run at night any more. It can set off a new sensor light I put in and also I have solar panels so prefer to have the charging cycles happen during daylight hours

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So after replacing half the cabling due to water ingress in some joins. Thought all was good but mower was stopping midlawn and not going back to base. Just powered off.

Assumed battery was going.

2558 run hours in it. No idea if that's bad or good.

Decided to buy a new battery and have a look at repairing the old one with replacement cells.

Old one was 2100mH. New ones is 2500mh . 55 euro free delivery. Popped in there today and she's running fine all day exactly as it used to be before it started acting up.

Will have a look at refurbishing older battery unit.

Batteryupgrade.ie good value and delivery. I believe they are shipped from Netherlands.

Anyone get an email about their shipment yet?

They should be ready for shipping from yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

If your talking about myrobotcenter.eu I cancelled my order, as when I enquired they said our supplier is having delays, they couldnt give me a date for when they are back in stock, its gone past their stated date of 11-4-2022.

They should not be able to take your money, for months before shipping the product. Really poor service if you ask me.

I sourced my new WORX from another retailer.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Sorry, yes. That crowd. I'm going to email them now and see. Was hoping that I'd get one before needing to send one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭murfler

Hi guys, I have a 430x, this is its 3rd season and I run it quiet hard, 7 days a week for 12 hours for 6/7 months of year. I have noticed this year that it seems to be going back to charging station earlier than usual. I think last year it used to go back at around 25% battery but this year its going back around 40%? Just wondering is this maybe a sign of battery degradation?

It seems that way. Further back in the thread someone mentioned something similar and bought a new battery and the problem went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cateye

Hi i got the husqvarna 435x last year after 4 years of the 450x. Lots of slopes and hills and it is fantastic.. 2 weeks ago i noticed on the app it was collecting data for a virtual map. I have found a small article and video on husqvarana website which said after 2 weeks it will have a virtual map of your lawn and show you the guide and boundary wires and allow you to set no go zones ,different heights ,different times to cut. It sounds great. Has anyone been able to get it working on their app yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

How do you get accross a gravel driveway ?

cobblelock

concrete

or is there a machine that can do it ?

Ant advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭shane b

Over the weekend we got a trampoline for the daughters birthday and the automower has got trapped/caught a few times on the ground bars of the trampoline. I now need to move to trampoline every time if I want to put on the mower. The ground bars are 1.4 metres and 50 mm diameter.

I was looking at rubber mobility ramps or cable protection covers but they seem either expensive or not really suitable. I have some 4 X 2 timber and cutting it at 45 degree angle but im not sure how successful I would be cutting it.

Anyone any suggestions on possible solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭shane b

True, much cheaper alternative. However i was hoping not to cut 3 X 1.4 m slots in the lawn 2 inches deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yep. It will do that for a few months and eventually start not returning to base. That's game over point. Very reasonable batteries from batteryupgrade.ie my rob1000 is owned by Husqvarna so has all husq parts underneath. My battery pack is a Husqvarna one. Mowers flawless since.

Also changed my run time back to what I was running last year which is every second day about 10 hours run time. Grass looks superb especially in this weather.lush!

Advertisement