Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Block Wall Cost

• 21-01-2020 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Wondering about cost to build a block wall in garden (South Dublin), 12m long and 1.2m high approx. Will retain approx 600mm of soil in depth, so would need to be block on flat. Have a quote of 950 for materials and 600 for labour, does that sound reasonable? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭REFLINE1

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Wondering about cost to build a block wall in garden (South Dublin), 12m long and 1.2m high approx. Will retain approx 600mm of soil in depth, so would need to be block on flat. Have a quote of 950 for materials and 600 for labour, does that sound reasonable? Thanks.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 osulla39

Hi,

Did you find someone to complete the wall for you? Could you share any of the information please?

I need to build a similar wall in my back garden - 2m high and around 40m long.

I would like to get a quote etc. and start planning. I am not sure what kind of price is reasonable for a job like that.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jonathan Mulryan

Price seems fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭karlitob

osulla39 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you find someone to complete the wall for you? Could you share any of the information please?

I would like to get a quote etc. and start planning. I am not sure what kind of price is reasonable for a job like that.

Thanks!

Snap. Same height and length. Can I ask if you got a quote? Thanks.

• Advertisement

REFLINE1 wrote: »

Can I ask you what ‘will retain approx 600mm of soil in depth means? Thank you

I got quoted €25,000 for a 9 inch breeze block wall to include foundations. My jaw dropped.

Hi,

Thanks!

Snap. Same height and length. Can I ask if you got a quote? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭REFLINE1

Hi,

Thanks!

didn't proceed with the job as changed plan for the garden. i live in an estate that is still under construction so the price was from the site block layer. I would expect it to be significantly more expensive if i went out to the market as this guy has materials and equipment on site already etc so its a handy one for him.

Advertisement