Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Weepsie wrote: »
    Now I'm often a terrible judge of wear, but that chainring looks like it has tonnes of life left in

Looks almost new,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Now I'm often a terrible judge of wear, but that chainring looks like it has tonnes of life left in

+1

CramCycle wrote: »
    Looks almost new,

I mean, its worn out completely, I'll take them off your hands for an art project I am doing ;)

If people saw the chainrings I took off the beater bike before christmas, they'd have the Jaws theme playing in their heads :D

I've just been trying not to spend more money on it than I have to at this stage. lost count now how many times I've said I'm retiring it over the last 2 or 3 years but it's going out of service in the next few weeks when I make a decision on a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm the same and I was thinking there's loads of mileage but then I remembered I was running a different crankset for a good while.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Does anyone know what has happened to the leaderboards for the Strava monthly challenges? None of the January ones have been displayed and Strava haven't answered any of the multiple comments/questions from users.
    The leaderboards will be back for February challenges: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360055944971-Challenge-leaderboards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

My Dublin Bike slid both wheel over bumps on a bend yesterday morning. I held it though.
    Thought it was slippery walking too, but it was like that other days during the week too.

Odd, I slipped in town on Wednesday evening, held it together with no drama but there was an oily film on my tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Its freezing, I was up all night watching UFC and had to put the heat on all through the night. Going to bed at 7 and theres my neighbour going for a cycle when its slippy as feck outside. I cant get him out in the good weather

recommend getting a onsie and one those blankets u wear, does a good job

• Advertisement

A few of us commented earlier in the week about how dirty the roads were due to the salt, I think the lack of rain and that the roads didn't fully dry after overnight damp due to the conditions didn't help.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As I posted in the "how was your ride today" thread, I ended up on the ground this morning in Leixlip (Co. Kildare) veering around a right hand bend.
    Reckon its a sprained wrist along with cuts on elbow, hip and knee. Bike thankfully is ok except now needs new handlebar tape.

I've been asked about a possible fight in April, I said no but then I spent the day food prepping and scheduling a training plan. Seems I'm fighting so, my subconscious is making me do it.

In cycling related news it's great to have a beater bike again, the 'good' bike is in the shed after being stripped to a bare shell, frame has been waxed and every piece has been cleaned with all serviceable items replaced.

That looks amazing. I purposely don't cycle that route because the level of close passes is off the wall

This is great Twitter thread on the different way some people have made use of bicycles...

https://twitter.com/keithalexander/status/1212850174831321090

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fingal Co Council are 'repairing' a pothole on the street outside as I type. A couple of shovels of tarmac into the water filled hole. Now rolling the tarmac with the tyres of their flatbed pick-up. FFS - I thought that went out in the 1970's.

A box is ticked somewhere I suppose. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Just thought I'd unleash some thermostat anxiety amongst the dads on here...

501347.jpg

It's never been less than 25 :eek:*

*It's off for 4 months of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nice paint-job :P

I hate you so much right now, why, what could the possible reason be to so that.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nice paint-job :P

It's some of my finest work :pac:
    I hate you so much right now, why, what could the possible reason be to so that.

:D

It's like that 5 months of the year too. :D:D
    In my defence I run a high heat less time strategy. Mostly...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

eeeee wrote: »
    Just thought I'd unleash some thermostat anxiety amongst the dads on here...

501347.jpg

It's never been less than 25 :eek:*

*It's off for 4 months of the year...

I’ve had to do that tonight. House is poorly insulated and family are freezing. It’s stressing me out though. Lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they make thermostats which go to 30 degrees?

zvXOXpZ.gif

I should have put a trigger warning on it :pac:

eeeee wrote: »
    I should have put a trigger warning on it :pac:

I am actually annoyed. Is the thermostat broke and it thinks 30 is 21 or are you secretly my daughter and you believe there is some benefit to heating the house to the point you are trying to heat the neighbour's house and keep the fox in the garden warm.

what civilisation looks like.

501358.png

I am actually annoyed. Is the thermostat broke and it thinks 30 is 21 or are you secretly my daughter and you believe there is some benefit to heating the house to the point you are trying to heat the neighbour's house and keep the fox in the garden warm.

It keeps me and my washing nice and warm :D
    Anything less than 30 just doesn't warm me. With the 30 I am also under a blanket, with a hoodie, cardigan, woolly jumper, and T shirt, thick socks and warm pants. It's just about bearable now.
    Also the flat was built 120 years ago and isn't the most modern insulation wise.

#TeamCramsDaughter
    #FoxesNeedToBeWarmToo
    :P

what civilisation looks like.

Brrrr. :pac:

I am going to bed before you give me a headache.

• Advertisement

I'm getting arm pits from hell and sweat patches just looking at that :D

We've a summer baby and a winter baby. Winter baby was hell for me, summer baby needed fans after she was born in 2018

Advertisement