Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 501: 21/12/19 - 27/12/19

Options
  • 23-01-2020 5:11pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A day early but I'm away for the next few days!

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

keps
    49258823057_43f6e6763a_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

rob w
    49268461376_56f985b894_c.jpg

jaansu
    49269123632_77a662f888_c.jpg

NEW WAVE
    uqs8xjO.jpg

Adrian.Sadlier
    49269544062_f40c5bf7cb_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS keps. Added to ALL POTW WINNERS 2019 thread
    WELL DONE HMs

keps .... can you give some insight into capturing and processing the winning shot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Well once you have a model like that singing robin.. you are sure to be on a winner!

But just a bit of background and technical stuff:

I walk most days along a short stretch of the Dodder- a 1000 metres each way maybe – but back and forth – so over the last 4 years that I’ve lived here – I have become pretty familiar with the activity and routine of most of the local wildlife (apart from the nocturnal ones at which time I tend to migrate to the pub).

Technical:
    Always on my walks- Nikon D800 and Tamron 150-600mm – a marriage made in heaven!
    The lens is amazing in every aspect .. especially given its price tag( I bought mine second hand).
    And shooting in RAW with that large format 36mp image gives you so much leeway in Photoshop
    ( still using the old CS6 which I love)

Thanks as usual for your 'thanks' and a big 'THANKS' to Myksyk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

lovely shot keps, and love the HMs too ...

Advertisement