Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

TRS30 wrote: »
    Hard to believe 30 days and it will be the big one!
    Scary how fast the Rudolph Days have gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Scary how fast the Rudolph Days have gone. :(

Scary how fast the last year has gone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Scary how fast the last year has gone :eek:

this. 100% this.
    I know i must say it every year but this year in particular seemed to go at a furious pace. I suspect us having the twins communion & work not once lettig up has helped its pace but wow, hoping it slows down a tad in 2020, though I suspect it wont. i.e. thats life folks!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    this. 100% this.
    I know i must say it every year but this year in particular seemed to go at a furious pace. I suspect us having the twins communion & work not once lettig up has helped its pace but wow, hoping it slows down a tad in 2020, though I suspect it wont. i.e. thats life folks!

Tell me about it. I could easily have said the last 5 years! Since Elf 1 arrived time just seems to have speed up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

How did I miss this? Only reading about Rudolph day now! Will definitely be partaking next year :)

• Advertisement

gypsylee wrote: »
    How did I miss this? Only reading about Rudolph day now! Will definitely be partaking next year :)

Was a fun way to get a bit Christmasy on the 25th of each month. I forgot about half the months however was great reading the different things people did to get in the spirit!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gypsylee wrote: »

An idea for the next Rudolph day (January 2020) is to stock up on long shelf life Christmas Snacks and treats and crack open something on the 25th of Jan and boom you'll got a little bit of Christmas on a plate in late January. :)

Loughc wrote: »
    An idea for the next Rudolph day (January 2020) is to stock up on long shelf life Christmas Snacks and treats and crack open something on the 25th of Jan and boom you'll got a little bit of Christmas on a plate in late January. :)

Its a Saturday too so most of us will probably be off work... bombs away!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Its a Saturday too so most of us will probably be off work... bombs away!!!

I smell a Christmas-esque festival on that Saturday, treats, and Christmas TV Shows/movies I swore I'd watch over Christmas but I never gotten round to it! :)

I smell a Christmas-esque festival on that Saturday, treats, and Christmas TV Shows/movies I swore I'd watch over Christmas but I never gotten round to it! :)

Sounds great, the longer we can keep the Christmas spirit rolling the better :D

• Advertisement

Thats a really good idea.

I give you Rudolphfest 2020

tMGY1wR.jpg

tMGY1wR.jpg

Build(invent) it and they will come!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fantastic!
    It's also around a lot of people's first 2020 payday, so celebrations all around! :D

Nice to have something to look forward to. Roll on 85th January (well, that's what it will feel like!) :pac:

Thing is, is it rude of me to ask that all talk of future rudolph days be verboten until after the christmas season is over? I'd like to enjoy it while its here & not be thinking of the miserable months of Jan/Feb to follow when we're furthest away from the most wonderful time of the year.

Thing is, is it rude of me to ask that all talk of future rudolph days be verboten until after the christmas season is over? I'd like to enjoy it while its here & not be thinking of the miserable months of Jan/Feb to follow when we're furthest away from the most wonderful time of the year.

Fair point!

I'll put a pin in it until after the best season :)

tMGY1wR.jpg

I think this deserves a bump... only 2 days to go to Rudolphfest 2020!! :D

I think this deserves a bump... only 2 days to go to Rudolphfest 2020!! :D

Was only thinking about this last night as I remember it came up pre Christmas and was put on hold till closer to the time.

What does everyone have planned? I'm craving a turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich on thick brown bread.

Was only thinking about this last night as I remember it came up pre Christmas and was put on hold till closer to the time.

What does everyone have planned? I'm craving a turkey, stuffing and cranberry sandwich on thick brown bread.

Going to watch Klaus on Netflix as I haven't seen that yet. And tuck into an unopened Yule Log.

The sambo is deffo a must have too.

Oh and I'll give ChristmasFM a twirl too, if only to boost their online numbers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I've a busy day out and about on Saturday but I will have my Christmas socks on.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I've a busy day out and about on Saturday but I will have my Christmas socks on.

I hope you're celebrating your promotion!! :)

I'm busy on Saturday too, but we will have the grandparents around for tea & cake for the twins birthday in the afternoon so might try & pick up some 'seasonal' treats for that. Other than that will do my best to remember to stick on a pair of my new christmas socks that I never actually wore over Christmas!

LIke LoughC haven't seen Klaus yet, do want to see it at some stage but not sure i've the interest to actually watch a Christmas film out of season as I was never one for doing that TBH.

I hope you're celebrating your promotion!! :)

I'm sure something will have to be done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I must have been hallucinating. I thought that poster read a Rudolph festival in Belfast!!! I was ready to go too !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!
    First one of a new decade, hope you all have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Rudolph Day Elves enjoy what ever you get up to xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolph Day !

After today there’s only 10 more Rudolph days until Christmas :D

Happy Rudolf day!! Have my Christmas socks on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The very first Rudolph Day of the year is always Burns Night.
    Traditional Scottish celebration of their national poet, Robert Burns. (Him that wrote Auld lang Syne): whiskey, songs, and haggis!

Things I love about Burns Night are...

1. It's exactly one month after Christmas, the 25th of Jan.

2. It's a bright spot in a long, dark, cold, broke month.

3. You can keep some of the Christmas decorations alive - anything in tartan, evergreen foliage, red candles, deer, shortbread.

4. It's a hoot. Scots Wha Hae!

Here's a pic of my flower decoration for tonight:

Advertisement