Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an idea.

• 07-01-2020 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I watch you sleeping. Curled and comfortable, late January sun creeping through the heavy curtains.
    You seem to prefer them closed these days. TV drone and the flaccid softness of Penney’s blankets a stark contrast to the 6am to 10pm street vigilance of just 3 years ago -when every person & was car logged, every cat loathed.
    I know I was key to your dominance – I know wonder where am I responsible for your demise?
    Despite no one listening, I always knew I was writing a book. Not this one. This one troubles me as I don’t know where it is going. The little voice in my head told me - see life as a book – narrate it ; She appeared shortly after my Uncle Jim stuck his hands down my pants after a roast chicken dinner when I was 5 – she knew how to talk that **** back to me – to rationalise it, to separate what happened to my body to a totally different dialogue and it seemed to work. I liked the girl that lived in my head. I did not like me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DiscountJoyce

I watch you sleeping. Curled and comfortable, late January sun creeping through the heavy curtains.
    You seem to prefer them closed these days. TV drone and the flaccid softness of Penney’s blankets a stark contrast to the 6am to 10pm street vigilance of just 3 years ago -when every person & was car logged, every cat loathed.
    I know I was key to your dominance – I know wonder where am I responsible for your demise?
    Despite no one listening, I always knew I was writing a book. Not this one. This one troubles me as I don’t know where it is going. The little voice in my head told me - see life as a book – narrate it ; She appeared shortly after my Uncle Jim stuck his hands down my pants after a roast chicken dinner when I was 5 – she knew how to talk that **** back to me – to rationalise it, to separate what happened to my body to a totally different dialogue and it seemed to work. I liked the girl that lived in my head. I did not like me.

Flaccid softness is a bizarrely phallic description of a blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Flaccid softness is a bizarrely phallic description of a blanket.
    But...its more about the vigilance of the street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I watch you sleeping. Curled and comfortable,
    late January sun creeping
    through the heavy curtains.
    You seem to prefer them closed these days.

TV drone and the flaccid softness
    of blankets a stark contrast
    to the 6 to 10 street vigilance
    of three years ago .When every car was logged.

^That's what I would do.

The rest of your stuff; I'm not sure where it's going, why it jumps to child molestation so quickly, and it's not very eloquent.

Advertisement