Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" September 7th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Just came across this thread. It's a good album. Not as good as chaos and creation but good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Done to promote his new album, but well worth the watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Its a good album.I think I have them all bar 3 or 4 This is a good album. Lots of his albums are underrated.

London Town is a brilliant album but gets a bad press for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Its a good album.I think I have them all bar 3 or 4 This is a good album. Lots of his albums are underrated.

London Town is a brilliant album but gets a bad press for some reason

Strangely Egypt Station hasn't landed with me; I've listened to it a few times but I'd struggle to remember many of the tracks now.

I recently picked up a vinyl copy of London Town second hand; while it's a mad album there's some good stuff on there and some really good vocal performances.

The only Macca albums I've never really explored are Speed of Sound, Back to the Egg, and Tug of War / Pipes / Press. I'm sure I'll get to them some day.

His best album is, and always will be, RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roots2branches

I was dissopointed on first listen so much so I've not bothered to listen again. I thought his last album was excellent. PM trying too hard to appeal to the hip crowd, the man is a legend, he doesn't need to appeal to anyone. I should give it another chance but I've no desire to and that's a first for me and PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'd love him to make another underground / ambient / electronic album. Like "Rushes" by the Fireman.

I was dissopointed on first listen so much so I've not bothered to listen again. I thought his last album was excellent. PM trying too hard to appeal to the hip crowd, the man is a legend, he doesn't need to appeal to anyone. I should give it another chance but I've no desire to and that's a first for me and PM.

Yeah the Single foo you was too much of an attempt to have a hit. He said as much. But I disagree on the rest of the album. Sure-there isa simplistic song about peace on it but this is Paul McCartney. He doesnt really do politics well-bar the pipes of peace. Ebony and Ivory was simplistic lyrically but had a good melody.

Advertisement