Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blanks surfboards / Spain

Options
  • 02-05-2019 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Blanks surfboards from Spain, are they any good?
    They're said to be made in the Basque region alongside other brands..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

You living in Ireland? Plenty of local shapers on the west...I'm all for supporting your local shaper. They'll also put you top of the list when dings need fixing. Nothing better than surfing your local break with your shaper in the water too...more often than not if they have another board you'd like to try, they'll give you a session on one no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seamonster19

I am indeed I think I will use what I have and at some point invest in something made in Ireland, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Cool...if you need a step up board a local shaper can chat about what you need. Then as you progress, they can advise on whats next! One board is never enough!! I remember the first time I was about to get a 6'4 shaped, and my shaper was a little iffy thinking it was a bit short for me. But then we had a surf on a reef & he seen me surf & read what the wave was doing so he was like 6'4 will be perfect! Little things like that! I now have 2 of his boards, and he repairs them when needed in a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

https://www.downthelinesurf.co.uk/brands/blanks.html

If this is them they are noting special, get one shape here or off the shelf http://www.westbaysurfboards.co.uk/stock/
    I have one of his epoxy eps boards and they are tough as nails

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seamonster19

Sound for the advice much appreciated.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement