Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Danny Baker sacked for Racist Tweet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

walshb wrote: »
    What in god's name was this idiot thinking here...

And trying to push the blame onto everyone else....wtf did he expect?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/danny-bakers-career-is-over-15019534

He's been sacked by the BBC 3 times and subsequently re-employed due to his appeal.

He'll be back in a job shortly once the snowflake society moves onto its next kill...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

UsBus wrote: »
    He's been sacked by the BBC 3 times and subsequently re-employed due to his appeal.

He'll be back in a job shortly once the snowflake society moves onto its next kill...

I am far from a snowflake and I think what he tweeted was disgraceful . As do everyone I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am far from a snowflake and I think what he tweeted was disgraceful . As do everyone I know

He put a picture up online referring to the circus which surrounds the royals..
    I can tell you, every lads WhatsApp group has much much worse going around about them..

That's the thing about opinion, I believe it wasn't the most intelligent tweet to put up in the current environment. It was his opinion of a joke, not a sackable offence.. But then they're touchy about the royals I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It’s indefensible, and nothing to do with lads and their private WhatsApp groups. He posted this to society...very odd thing to do. And he knew exactly how society would see and interpret it...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can tell you, every lads WhatsApp group has much much worse going around about them..

That's the thing about opinion, I believe it wasn't the most intelligent tweet to put up in the current environment. It was his opinion of a joke, not a sackable offence.. But then they're touchy about the royals I suppose

It has nothing to do with the royals. It has to do with racism...

Vast majority of comments I am reading think he was bang out of order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This wasn't a lads whatapp . It was a public twitter post . No comparison

Advertisement