Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Maybe someone who has seen it all can help me. I'm about 160 episodes into One Piece. Simply amazing so far! But, I have a friend who is up to date and keeps asking me if I've seen how Luffy gets the fruit/back story.

I'm fairly certain I haven't seen it yet, he thought it was in the first 100 or so episodes. I went to Google it but I'm afraid of spoilers.

Does anyone know if I should have seen this yet? I skipped the filler episodes, but I doubt it would be in them?

Pretty sure this is shown in the East Blue arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty sure this is shown in the East Blue arc.

You're right, my mate was making it out to be this big massive reveal, but I remember it now! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Attack on Titan Season 3 is slotted in for July 2018, even got a spiffy
    promo image.
    Over the weekend, the Attack on Titan anime’s third season was announced. It begins broadcasting in Japan starting July 2018.
    https://kotaku.com/attack-on-titan-season-3-airing-in-summer-2018-1819964980?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

zgykhcjf3byyduc1dog9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

Whos that tied up,looks similar to Eren but so does the male standing...beast titan perhaps?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Whos that tied up,looks similar to Eren but so does the male standing...beast titan perhaps?

The person that is tied up is Eren, the male standing before him is Levi.
    The person behind Levi is Levis uncle who works in a clandestine unit for the Royal Family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Manora

Seems like there will be people here for one anyway, considering the amount of traffic that AH thread got. Always wondered why there wasn't one here

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

who knows when will be the next Noragami season?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any Alita fans here? Saw the anime when I was in school though can't remember it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any where at all I could buy anime themed christmas cards? I'd need too buy from a shop otherwise they would probably be late arriving!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any Alita fans here? Saw the anime when I was in school though can't remember it.

Yes! I absolutely loved the anime and have it on VHS!

• Advertisement

Any where at all I could buy anime themed christmas cards? I'd need too buy from a shop otherwise they would probably be late arriving!

You can buy from here.

Can't see you being able to get any in a shop here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm looking for the name of an anime that was on the Sci-Fi channel around 2003, I think it was after the first run of Evangelion and was only 12 or 13 episodes long.

The basic premise is there's some kind of parasite or virus that infects technology like large vehicles and the infected things have this small core that needs to be destroyed in order to stop them. The protagonist works for an agency that fights these infected things and uses a large revolver to shoot the cores.

The first episode opens with a gang robbing a bank or something and throwing dynamite around then the protagonist shoots one of the sticks of dynamite out of the air and gets reprimanded by a regular police officer for being reckless.

There's a twist near the end where it turns out the protagonist's partner (who has amnesia?) is also being controlled by the parasite/virus and his core is what everyone was told is a bullet lodged in his skull.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm looking for the name of an anime that was on the Sci-Fi channel around 2003, I think it was after the first run of Evangelion and was only 12 or 13 episodes long.

The basic premise is there's some kind of parasite or virus that infects technology like large vehicles and the infected things have this small core that needs to be destroyed in order to stop them. The protagonist works for an agency that fights these infected things and uses a large revolver to shoot the cores.

The first episode opens with a gang robbing a bank or something and throwing dynamite around then the protagonist shoots one of the sticks of dynamite out of the air and gets reprimanded by a regular police officer for being reckless.

There's a twist near the end where it turns out the protagonist's partner (who has amnesia?) is also being controlled by the parasite/virus and his core is what everyone was told is a bullet lodged in his skull.

Pretty sure that's the late 90's version of A.D. Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Pretty sure that's the late 90's version of A.D. Police.
    That's it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I loved Battle Angel Alita. The eyes in the trailer really freak me out, though. I don't know what they're going for with them.

Evade wrote: »

I can remember staying up late too record that :) good times!

I can remember staying up late too record that :) good times!

Same, along with Bubblegum Crisis and Excel Saga.

For anyone interested, the new Devilman series is out on Netflix today. May check it out over the weekend

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For anyone interested, the new Devilman series is out on Netflix today. May check it out over the weekend

First episode of Violet Evergarden is up on Jan 11th as in a surprise to everyone Netflix are actually simulcasting it.

Fullmetal Alchemist live action movie is due on netflix on Feb 19th

• Advertisement

First episode of Violet Evergarden is up on Jan 11th as in a surprise to everyone Netflix are actually simulcasting it.

Watched all three episodes, not what to make of it, I like the animation quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

It feel very stilted in its direction. The pacing and storytelling don't really seem to match up to its production values. I'll probably keep watching purely on how nice it looks.

megaten wrote: »
    It feel very stilted in its direction. The pacing and storytelling don't really seem to match up to its production values. I'll probably keep watching purely on how nice it looks.

Doesn't help that Netflix have messed up the translation and consequently has translation errors in the dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So nearly 5 months on and I'm up to date with One Piece! God that was amazing! Every time I thought 'This is It, he can't get more powerful" he only goes and gets more powerful! Simply amazing stuff! Watching weekly is going to kill me!

I'm not a Sailor Moon fan but interesting read and videos here from kotaku while they looked for the pilot of the American remake.

https://kotaku.com/we-tried-to-uncover-the-long-lost-american-sailor-moon-1827695456

Well the next and final Evangelion movie release window has been announced. Just have to wait until 2020

https://kotaku.com/the-next-evangelion-movie-will-be-out-2020-1827741974

The Bleach Live action movie trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Live action one piece is moving forward, 10 episode season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Varik wrote: »
    Live action one piece is moving forward, 10 episode season.

Yup. Netflix behind it, so we may have another Deathnote situation on our hands!

Everyone, set your cringe-o-meters to "Oh god why does this exist?" :D

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Yup. Netflix behind it, so we may have another Deathnote situation on our hands!

Everyone, set your cringe-o-meters to "Oh god why does this exist?" :D

Netflix have the distribution rights, afaik it is ITV that are making it so expect it to be garbage.

Advertisement