Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2020, 19:41   #61
Tea drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
I went out to see him once, I thought he was a mechanical robot one for Dingle's sake I hope their mascot is found
Yeah my conspiracy theory is he's "missing" as they are having difficulty changing his batteries
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 19:47   #62
Sardonicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea drinker View Post
Yeah my conspiracy theory is he's "missing" as they are having difficulty changing his batteries
He's due his NCT?
16-10-2020, 22:59   #63
Roadtoad

I bet Obama took him out.

Damned upland Kenyans can never figure out the difference between seals and dolphins.
17-10-2020, 11:31   #64
imme

If in fact did Fungi exist in the first place.

It has been a great boost to the tourism of Kerry to have their own local dolphin.

Is it quantifiable how much Fungi has contributed to the Kerry economy.
17-10-2020, 12:02   #65
Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1 View Post
Jesus wept, just watched a report on the evening news, those individuals who partook in this nonsense will look back in time and wonder what we're they at. Two women shouting over the side of a boat, another person whistling in the bizzare notion, the dolphin might appear and perhaps wag its fins. Just awful moronic behavior. The reporter hoped fungi might be self isolating after a pod of dolphins were seen in the harbour recently. If this was our national broadcaster, you'd think it was a complete wind up. Cringe worthy stuff and I'm deeply embarrassed for all who took part in this nonsense.
Please tell me you don't have any pets... ?

Dolphins are pretty much just as friendly and playful as a dog. If you were used to having him around for 30+ years, he'd leave a big hole in your life. They're such happy positive creatures.
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 17:34   #66
The Tetrarch

Microchip the thing.
Then "Fungi" or not "Fungi". Who cares?
RTE are pathetic for giving that tourist trap free air time.
17-10-2020, 18:12   #67
Stovepipe

yes, the dolphin is going to hear voices or whistles over the roar of a diesel engine and the whirr of the propellor......you simpletons!
17-10-2020, 18:14   #68
Purple Mountain

I've lit a candle for his safe return.
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 19:30   #69
Church on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mountain View Post
I've lit a candle for his safe return.
**** that we need to be out in the streets giving the lad a round of patronizing applause.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 20:01   #70
barney shamrock

Noooooooo!!!!!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30791447.html

Oh, 2017.
Still, one can dream eh?
17-10-2020, 22:05   #71
no.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1
Jesus wept, just watched a report on the evening news, those individuals who partook in this nonsense will look back in time and wonder what we're they at. Two women shouting over the side of a boat, another person whistling in the bizzare notion, the dolphin might appear and perhaps wag its fins. Just awful moronic behavior. The reporter hoped fungi might be self isolating after a pod of dolphins were seen in the harbour recently. If this was our national broadcaster, you'd think it was a complete wind up. Cringe worthy stuff and I'm deeply embarrassed for all who took part in this nonsense.

Im deeply embarrassed for you. Have you no insight onto the intelligence of Dolphins (for 1) and the importance of Fungie to their region. Pointless shouting i suppose but it likely picks up whistles
17-10-2020, 22:09   #72
Jaysus Christ.
Banned

Due to covid. Fungie is in his pod.
Thanks from:
17-10-2020, 22:43   #73
Purple Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysus Christ. View Post
Due to covid. Fungie is in his pod.
No, I read an article he doesn't mix with 'common' dolphins.
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 22:53   #74
Ubbquittious

Quote:
Originally Posted by imme View Post
Is it quantifiable how much Fungi has contributed to the Kerry economy.
It is always hard to quantify that even if you knew exactly how many people went to Dingle just for Fungi or wouldn't have gone otherwise and how much they spent

Then you have to look at who gains and where the money ends up going. The boat crowd gain a fair bit for sure but they have big maintenance and fuel costs. Also people living there tend to feck off to Land's Rotty or Marbella for the cold months and spend their money there instead

Dingle is full of overpriced AirBnBs and if you're just a local spud picker or fisherman you will struggle to find accommodation. What is impossible to quantify is how much of the money that comes in actually benefits the locals and how much of it goes towards turning the place into a veritable tourist-infested hellhole that lies deserted in the winter.

It is entirely possible that Dingle as a whole would be better off if Fungi would just fcuk off out of the place and go to Brendan or Cloghane or Ballyferriter instead.
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2020, 23:21   #75
crosstownk

Send a message via Skype™ to crosstownk
It seems the pesky Kim Jong-un has kidnapped Fungie - according to Wikipedia........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

In October 2020 there was concern for his welfare after he had not been seen for several days. Fungie is rumored to have been taken by North Korean dictator Kim Jung-un as part of an effort to set up a Dolphin Water Park in North Korea
Full article - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungie

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion