Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-02-2013, 11:39   #31
D1stant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark crystal View Post
He's pretty bad, but the worst has to be the foreign lady who hosts a show on Newstalk either on a Saturday or Sunday evening. She's a terrible interviewer, misses links, leaves long pauses between links and is generally really amateurish when presenting.

Never heard anyone as bad on the radio.

You mean Dill Everyones-racist-against-me-because-Im-a-SriLankan-Lesbian?

Yes. Good call
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-02-2013, 11:42   #32
dark crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1stant View Post
You mean Dill Everyones-racist-against-me-because-Im-a-SriLankan-Lesbian?

Yes. Good call
I don't know her name, but the show is called Global Village. Jesus, it's dire.
Thanks from:
26-02-2013, 11:52   #33
Yamanoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1stant View Post

Montcrief is the best thing on radio. All verbal ticks forgiven.
Sean's surely morphed into Elmer Fudd - his delivery oft-punctuated by a series of staccato eh, em, uh, b.b..but's etc.

I used to enjoy Moncrieff and I know it's a minority view, but the show kinda grates when I catch it now.

It reminds me of a drawn out version of 'And finally...' on ITN News - too much fluff like alien abductees, hipster American authors and myriad other wacky but all too familiar items. It's mildly amusing on occasion but the way some people go on, you'd think Sean was a frickin' comedy God.
26-02-2013, 11:55   #34
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
No fan of Nora but Bobby is on a different level especially on one of his outside broadcasts,all thats missing is the circus music in the background
Cant we just agree that they are both dire?
Thanks from:
26-02-2013, 12:19   #35
ad83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark crystal View Post
I don't know her name, but the show is called Global Village. Jesus, it's dire.
I was sent on a corporate ethnic sensitivity training course some years ago given by a certain woman ( i believe the afternoon( 2 - 5) course cost somewhere in the region of 10k - boom times )

I would be a fairly quiet person but could not bite my lip any more when she accused the class of being racist because they worked for a company who hired qualified candidates over unqualified

when I and some others questioned her on this she unleashed a list of similar issues she has(with Irish people I believe ) which she considers as racism including people who has an issue with welfare fraud

not sure if this is relevant to this thread but have waited since 2007 to tell this story as i don't know anyone who listens to any show on newstalk on saturday nights with whom i could share this
Advertisement
26-02-2013, 12:24   #36
dark crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad83 View Post
I was sent on a corporate ethnic sensitivity training course some years ago given by a certain woman ( i believe the afternoon( 2 - 5) course cost somewhere in the region of 10k - boom times )

I would be a fairly quiet person but could not bite my lip any more when she accused the class of being racist because they worked for a company who hired qualified candidates over unqualified

when I and some others questioned her on this she unleashed a list of similar issues she has(with Irish people I believe ) which she considers as racism including people who has an issue with welfare fraud

not sure if this is relevant to this thread but have waited since 2007 to tell this story as i don't know anyone who listens to any show on newstalk on saturday nights with whom i could share this
Was this course given by the same woman who does this show?
26-02-2013, 12:30   #37

he does a lot for the irish economy like buying all the sandwiches for insomnia from a company in newry
26-02-2013, 13:03   #38
blackwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamanoto View Post
It reminds me of a drawn out version of 'And finally...' on ITN News - too much fluff like alien abductees, hipster American authors and myriad other wacky but all too familiar items. It's mildly amusing on occasion but the way some people go on, you'd think Sean was a frickin' comedy God.
These "wacky stories" which have usually been on a minimum of BBC, theJournal.ie and Broadsheet.ie for at least three days before one of his "researchers" passes them to him to read on air.
Thanks from:
26-02-2013, 13:09   #39
Interceptor

The mans an idiot.
Advertisement
26-02-2013, 13:12   #40
surferdudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobnaitolunacy View Post
That accolade should go to George Hook, interrupting guests, spitting into the mike and going on and on about lovely Ingrid.
Hate presenters discussing their families on air, as if we gave a sh*t. Tom Dunne is another offender.

And pronounces the number 'six' as 'sex'....*shudders*
+1

Tom Dunne mentions his missus EVERY show...
26-02-2013, 13:15   #41
stoneill

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdudz View Post
+1

Tom Dunne mentions his missus EVERY show...
Blokes on the radio that mention their missus all the time are usually cheating and on cocaine.
Probably.
(2) thanks from:
26-02-2013, 13:39   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneill View Post
Blokes on the radio that mention their missus all the time are usually cheating and on cocaine.
Probably.
Ray D'arcy took it one step further and started playing happy families with his co-presenter. Needless to say, I don't listen to his show anymore.
26-02-2013, 14:12   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by syklops View Post
Do you mean Joe Duffy? He's pretty shocking too.
No, Keith Duffy. As in the guy from Boyzone.

Every now and then, he pops up on 98fm for a couple of weeks. For sheer comedy value, he's worth a listen.
26-02-2013, 15:26   #44
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShedsJackson View Post
His voice bugs the piss out of me, have to switch it over whenever he's on. Of course Newstalk do have Marc Coleman, author of The Best is Yet to Come as their Head of Business or whatever title he's carrying.

This book, published late 2007, tells us all how, far from the bubble bursting, we are actually on the cusp of a Golden Age that could last 30 years or more!!
Haha never knew that! He always struck me as someone who spoke a lot of sense but this certainly lowers his credibility somewhat
Thanks from:
26-02-2013, 15:29   #45
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobnaitolunacy View Post
Ray D'arcy took it one step further and started playing happy families with his co-presenter. Needless to say, I don't listen to his show anymore.
What happened there actually? Gory details please

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion