Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constantly being transferred to cover other staff

• 15-01-2021 4:17pm

Heres one you folks might know and to begin, its not for me. Im covered by my own employment conditions but this is private sector and Im not as confident

Basically, I know a person who due to covid had their shop closed and was put on covid payment. When shops started to reopen they put her in an alternative shop for a few months then put back to the city centre but in an alternative shop.

After another month, the city centre shop manager meandered back after isolating (he went home while it was closed). Since then hes being gradually bringing his own staff back and the temp people are being put to other premises or back on covid.

The issue is, my friend keeps getting sent from A to B to C at **** all notice to cover staff holidays, isolating or whatever.

She didnt mind at the start but is getting pissed off never knowing where she will be next week, what shifts or who to clear holidays with and when she does land somewhere, they moan that shes looking for days off because shes only there to cover staff shortages.

For my part, I think she should be looking for travel money at this stage. She is employed in shop A afterall and lives in that area as a result. Sadly she didnt think to keep her contract so Im unsure whats in it. I know a transfer clause is usual in chains but surely not constant transfers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It’s likely there is a clause in the contract that they will be working at one of a number of sites or something to that basis. What’s in the contract will be important. Maybe it states a specific location but notes that flexibility will be expected.

If they’re not happy they should mention they aren’t happy moving about.

I’d also start looking for alternative work.

Advertisement