Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eason's annuals €2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Email today:

I ordered five, three have been sent out in two separate packages. The last two (dinosaurs) are "still processing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Beans and a book I ordered arrived. Dandy and Lego still processing. Don’t hold out much hope but sure we’ll see

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s crazy how they send them out separately and it’s registered post too which isn’t cheap

The would make more money (i.e not lose money) giving them away for free in the shops!

The postage cost of some of the examples in this thread would would be multiples of the money they received for them, madness really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

PARlance wrote: »
    The would make more money (i.e not lose money) giving them away for free in the shops!

The postage cost of some of the examples in this thread would would be multiples of the money they received for them, madness really.

Yeh if they were smart they would give away an annual with every book purchase.

Maybe the thinking is to get people to visit the site and sign up thus driving future sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueft

Apparently, annuals I ordered shipped from UK. So takes over a week or could be more as there's a huge back log.

Mine are Dandy and Fortnite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

PARlance wrote: »

I'd say they have a company account set up with "An Post" so what they actually pay for posting per item is a fraction of what they charge for posting.

Anyway their profit margins are not my concern, once I get my bargain :D

Cancellation email this morning for Dinosaurs annual. I'd two ordered for 6 year old nephews.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Caranica wrote: »
    Cancellation email this morning for Dinosaurs annual. I'd two ordered for 6 year old nephews.
    ... and so it begins. Same happens every year.

muffler wrote: »
    ... and so it begins. Same happens every year.

It's two years since I'd ordered annuals from them. Had hoped the problem would be fixed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Easons might lose money on these orders, but its alerted me to free delivery for over 10euros. and i didnt have to fill in details like home address or find my debit card cause it uses paypal for which i was already set up.

im ordering more school books cause of the lockdown, so reckon Easons will get their money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭ALS

Same here...
    Caranica wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

Got the beano 1 waiting 4 more

I cant even check the status of the order online. Getting 504 timeouts and I contacted Eason by online form and got an automated reply with a link to check order status and it just throws up "Error. Try again" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered 5, got 3 delivered, not bad for €6 if that's all I get - especially since the other 2 were only fillers to get free shipping

Got one extra shipped last night, thought it was over tbh. Lego one never shipped so I’m assuming it’s not coming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

Just got an email apologising for the delay and saying its due to increased volumes and courier network congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭jacool

40% success rate on my order, thus far, and these were packaged individually!. Thought they would all arrive together.
    Keeping postie fit if nothing else.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Just got an email apologising for the delay and saying its due to increased volumes and courier network congestion.

I got the same email...mine has "the dandy" in it ,I think a previous poster said that was coming from the uk which would explain delays...I think there's 2 other annuals with that.

Ordered 10 only one out of stock ... dungeons and dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

I got the delay email to, Dandy and Thomas and Friends on their way

I got the delay email to, Dandy and Thomas and Friends on their way

I got my thomas....dandy, frozen and rainbocorns are the 3 I'm waiting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I ordered 5 books on Jan 13th and apart from the initial confirmation e-mail, I've heard nothing since. I can't access the 'My Orders' page on the website, it just churns before giving a time out error. Anyone else having this problem?

Got a cancellation on the Dandy this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭ALS

Exact same here ...
    pigtail33 wrote: »
    I ordered 5 books on Jan 13th and apart from the initial confirmation e-mail, I've heard nothing since. I can't access the 'My Orders' page on the website, it just churns before giving a time out error. Anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Omg by lol surprise, has sold out, and I'm getting a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

Got the refund email for the trools book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

naughto wrote: »
    Got the refund email for the trools book

9 days later they tell me

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Pretty much the same. I emailed them and got an auto reply with a link that then showed order status. Not that it was much use as all 5 books were listed as "processing"

However this morning I got the usual email re unavailability of some books. This is part of the email ...
    Unfortunately, we are currently sold out of the following items online and will not be able to send these items with your order:

100% Unofficial Fortnite Annual 2021

Kindi Kids Official 2021 Annual

Trolls Annual 2021

A refund of €6.00 is being processed to the original method of payment used for your order (please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to update on your account.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭lau1247

Got the Beano last week.
    Dandy and Frozen on route.

Still no news about Thomas and Lego (which is actually what I would have preferred over the others :()

Lets hope it comes

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    Got the Beano last week.
    Dandy and Frozen on route.

Still no news about Thomas and Lego (which is actually what I would have preferred over the others :()

Lets hope it comes

Lego was what I wanted too. I wasn’t hopeful tho and it hasn’t shipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Gerlad

Refund email on Dandy and Fortnite.

One annual received, two others on the way and another two yet to be processed

Advertisement