Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any guess as to when US border may open to Irish tourists again ?

• 06-06-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Anyone any idea when US border may open to Irish Tourists again ?

Now that European borders are looking at opening hoping US won’t be too far behind ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

My guess as someone following very closely given a US based employee but stuck in Ireland, is early to mid July..

Trump was asked on May 26th about European travel and said looking into it based on progess in different countries, but i think while Europe is only beginning to reopen to International Travellers from July 1st, then can't see Trump lifting any ban before then. So i am least would hopeful that during this month Trump will announce the lifting restriction sometime in July..

But given the situation in America now, anything could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Trump extended the border closure with Mexico and Canada into July now. That was a few days ago. Would expect at least end of July for Europe and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

I spoke to Disney cast member this week who said 30 June ??? but I honestly think they don’t know... we have a family holiday booked since last year for 24 October and need to figure out if we should cancel or wait and see... so much happens in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Following this too. Its really up in the air, forgive the pun. EU leaders are very reluctant to open to the US at present with Brussels seeking 3 criteria before giving consideration to opening borders to US travellers. One is virus rate and the other is reciprocity. Given Trump is regularly blaming non-US visitors for the spread of the virus we may be in a Mexican stand off over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

aquarius10 wrote: »
    I spoke to Disney cast member this week who said 30 June ??? but I honestly think they don’t know... we have a family holiday booked since last year for 24 October and need to figure out if we should cancel or wait and see... so much happens in a few weeks.

Am in the exact same situation. Flights are with United thru' NY and down to Orlando - dont know if they're even going to operate their schedule from DUB at this stage. Its getting to the point now where I think that we'll just have to take the hit and cancel rather than wait fot them to do it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Orange Krush

Anyone hear any updates on this matter? Looking to travel to the US in Sept/Oct.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone hear any updates on this matter? Looking to travel to the US in Sept/Oct.

Not looking good for September/October unless there is a dramatic change in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

I think you will be lucky if it's summer next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So long as they don't start refusing green cards, I have a trip home planned for august, I think it's the last window we will get in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

No way, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I have a trip booked for March next year and I’m not confident about it...

Advertisement