Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUS / CE during Corona

Options
  • 19-03-2020 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering what the situation with the rest of you.
    I’m in a school with 2 other TUS workers and we are all told that we still have to attend. Only us and the caretaker. It was brought up with the line manager and we were told it’s down to the principal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hi,
    Just wondering what the situation with the rest of you.
    I’m in a school with 2 other TUS workers and we are all told that we still have to attend. Only us and the caretaker. It was brought up with the line manager and we were told it’s down to the principal.

What has the principal said then? I’m in a public office which is now closed to the public and our excellent CE Scheme person who is working as a receptionist has been told by her CE scheme supervisor that it was up to our manager.
    Our manager has said she should continue to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

splinter65 wrote: »
    What has the principal said then? I’m in a public office which is now closed to the public and our excellent CE Scheme person who is working as a receptionist has been told by her CE scheme supervisor that it was up to our manager.
    Our manager has said she should continue to come.

Principal said we should continue to come in also.

Principal said we should continue to come in also.

That’s your answer then. It’s like any other job really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm on a CE scheme in a local museum mid-week, but that has closed in line with most other touristy things, although our payments thankfully aren't affected.

However, I wasn't paid today (on my usual pay-day), and I heard on the radio that the government will be changing SW payments to fortnightly or something. Wondering does that only affect this new covid-19 allowance, or pre-existing packages, or is there just a delay? My supervisor hasn't advised me of any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

I'm on a CE scheme in a local museum mid-week, but that has closed in line with most other touristy things, although our payments thankfully aren't affected.

However, I wasn't paid today (on my usual pay-day), and I heard on the radio that the government will be changing SW payments to fortnightly or something. Wondering does that only affect this new covid-19 allowance, or pre-existing packages, or is there just a delay? My supervisor hasn't advised me of any changes.

Get on to your supervisor immediately as payment comes directly from the scheme

• Advertisement

Principal is being an ass - It's not "like any other job" - get onto your TUS rep and tell them the craic. They'll tell you to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Principal is being an ass - It's not "like any other job" - get onto your TUS rep and tell them the craic. They'll tell you to go home.

work myself on a community centre
    Its closed for public and im still in the job doing maintenance jobs and the gardens
    Nobody there in hundred of meters only one of the chairholders once a week
    Wont see your problems

work myself on a community centre
    Its closed for public and im still in the job doing maintenance jobs and the gardens
    Nobody there in hundred of meters only one of the chairholders once a week
    Wont see your problems

Good for you but I dealt with 7 different people this morning. There was a man taken on 3 weeks ago and his “job” is to arse around in an empty greenhouse for 4 hours a day. He mightn’t meet with anyone but still has to get the bus to the school and has been told that he still has to turn up.

Went to the school this morning. All locked up. No phone call from the principal or TUS supervisor. Same with the other lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I'd like to give some insight into my situation.

I have been sent home since the 14th March following guidelines. I am working in a local Charity Shop under the scheme. I have been paid the usual weekly rate since.

My TÚS supervisor has informed me that I will be paid this week as normal, and will then be given a double week on the 9th of April for Easter. They had said they will inform me what will happen after that. I would assume this is similar to others who are on the scheme.

• Advertisement

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I'd like to give some insight into my situation.

I have been sent home since the 14th March following guidelines. I am working in a local Charity Shop under the scheme. I have been paid the usual weekly rate since.

My TÚS supervisor has informed me that I will be paid this week as normal, and will then be given a double week on the 9th of April for Easter. They had said they will inform me what will happen after that. I would assume this is similar to others who are on the scheme.

The CE Scheme lady who works in our office was “let go” from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I heard funding was being pulled from CE childcare schemes in the next week or so , likely those on childcare placements will be laid off

Gatling wrote: »
    I heard funding was being pulled from CE childcare schemes in the next week or so , likely those on childcare placements will be laid off

Heard nothing about that yet ladies were there this morning and told me nothing about it
    Im on ce they sent me home but because the childcare goes on in the building im working , I have to come back a hour and a half for cleaning after they left the building

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Heard nothing about that yet ladies were there this morning and told me nothing about it

Possibly some kind of announcement on Friday this is only for those on childcare placements as pobal is withdrawn funding

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

My wife is on Tús and was told that she cannot leave the scheme until the covid-19 lockdown is lifted. She was told to go home on the 12th of March and her placement ends in six weeks so she might not be able to go back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Friend on CES scheme in community centre, sent home, is there any financial help for CES workers or is it just continue as is

khalessi wrote: »
    Friend on CES scheme in community centre, sent home, is there any financial help for CES workers or is it just continue as is

Goes on as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

All scheme workers here sent home, no exceptions as some wanting to work on alone.
    They’re home two weeks now and don’t expect they will be back before end April at least.

Payments continue as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Is anyone here due to finish their placement soon?
    I am and was given an appointment to sign back on. and it looks like it wont happen so Im not sure what to do

Cant get an answer from my local office and all that seems to be being talked about is the pandemic payment for people who lost their jobs, while I do sympathize with them, I cant get any info on my own situation. the coming week is my last so I am a little stressed about where my next bit of food will come from

Is anyone here due to finish their placement soon?
    I am and was given an appointment to sign back on. and it looks like it wont happen so Im not sure what to do

Cant get an answer from my local office and all that seems to be being talked about is the pandemic payment for people who lost their jobs, while I do sympathize with them, I cant get any info on my own situation. the coming week is my last so I am a little stressed about where my next bit of food will come from

From what I know, you automatically get transferred back to jobseekers.

Nows the time to pull the plug on these schemes. These are jobs which should be paid a proper living wage.

• Advertisement

Thanks hopefully that's how it's gonna work..

I've been calling them all morning again today with no answer.
    You'd imagine they could put some information out there for people finishing up their placements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Thanks hopefully that's how it's gonna work..

I've been calling them all morning again today with no answer.
    You'd imagine they could put some information out there for people finishing up their placements

Why don't you ask your supervisor? They'll be able to find out easily if they don't know

That's a good call actually.. I'll need to contact her to have the letter saying I'm finish posted to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's a good call actually.. I'll need to contact her to have the letter saying I'm finish posted to me anyway

I think you will continue as a CE participant for the time being. The DEASP are absolutely flooded with claims so they are keeping people on CE past their exit date.

Your Supervisor should confirm this

greendom wrote: »
    I think you will continue as a CE participant for the time being. The DEASP are absolutely flooded with claims so they are keeping people on CE past their exit date.

Your Supervisor should confirm this

It turns out this is true.. she said I'll be notified by text if this changes.
    So glad the panic is over

Advertisement