Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone got a good way of using the 'credit' you are left with? If using carrier billing isn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭deezell

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anyone got a good way of using the 'credit' you are left with? If using carrier billing isn't possible.

Adult chat lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Got a reply from Twitter about tethering:
    Hi Finbarr, thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, mobile tethering does not work with iPhone. I hope this information helps.

fbradyirl wrote: »

From Twitter? Who's opinion is that, Donald Trump?

Post Mobile support. @Postvox

• Advertisement

Post Mobile support. @Postvox

Just kidding. I abhor Twitter, the idea of it being used for rigorous technical support by a respected state organisation gives me the shivers, given all the sewage that issues from it.

Ironically, I always find better support there rather than email or calling. 48 and Vodafone support on Twitter is much better than other channels. Also, Post Mobiles 60+ minute wait times to speak to a human don’t appeal to me! ��

Can't argue with that, tho maybe can on twitter, just put a big FAKE NEWS! shout if you dont like the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's interesting that they don't say it's not allowed but rather it doesn't work with an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I know almost nothing about iOS but I wonder if you download another networks APN config file and install it...would it allow manually editing the APN for data and hotspot to the postfone APN.

There's a tweakker site for downloading APN config files, Tesco allow tethering so maybe choose that.

http://tescomobileie.tweakker.com/choose/Apple

Just to clarify, I have no idea if this works so only try it if you know how to undo it if it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

On the subject of tethering would a post mobile sim work in a Vodafone modem, has anyone tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

lolie wrote: »
    On the subject of tethering would a post mobile sim work in a Vodafone modem, has anyone tried it yet?

works on tethering no problem post mobile sim will not work in a vodafone dongle

works on tethering no problem post mobile sim will not work in a vodafone dongle

How did it show up as not working? SIM locked? Or not showing signal? Or not connecting because of APN problem?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    How did it show up as not working? SIM locked? Or not showing signal? Or not connecting because of APN problem?

would not show the signal

Referring to the credit on a previous post, #122, does your €15 go into a credit to use on other stuff, like Tescomobile? Or is it just the free one off €10 you get for signing up for monthly topups? I've just paid my first auto topup. My 'Main' balance is still zero, but an alternate balance, 'General Cash Addon' says €10.

AIUI it's once off....
    ...you get an extra €10 general credit on your first top up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone any idea how long your SIM remains active if you don't top up?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

After about a month waiting for them to send me a SIM, I gave up.

Not a good sign, if they are trying to grow their customer base.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »

For.postmobile.just.go.into.any.post.office.and.its.done.in.a.few.minutes

garrettod wrote: »

If only they could partner up with a delivery service in Ireland to get the sims out sooner. Oh wait..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

THey're an odd operation in fairness. But if they don't seem too interested in sending out tons of SIMs, so be it. I definitely couldn't accuse them of overloading their network. DO they even make any money from it? Or is it some vague requirement that both An Post and Vodafone have to do?
    I note they;ve added the data settings to their website. Also on their FB page, plenty with same issue of a) no SIM b) FUP of 50Gb c) Other cheaper alternatives out there.
    But I'm delighted with it, great service and no downtime.

I ordered SIM 1.00pm on Friday 4th Dec, Got it in morning post on Mon 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I've recently got a bunch of messages telling me that I've reached my data cap when I'm actually nowhere near it.

I don't know, I want to like them but it all seems a bit amateur-hour. The phone experience has been fine however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

They even sent me a letter apologising, after I complained, but still no SIM - unbelievable really.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

hmmm wrote: »
    I've recently got a bunch of messages telling me that I've reached my data cap when I'm actually nowhere near it.

I don't know, I want to like them but it all seems a bit amateur-hour. The phone experience has been fine however.

Maybe their settings not updated for new 50gb limit , as its relatively new

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

If only they could partner up with a delivery service in Ireland to get the sims out sooner. Oh wait..... :rolleyes:
    I had to collect mine from the Delivery Service Unit because they'd put the SIM card (on its own) into a ridiculously large padded envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do they definitely stop your data at 50GB/enforce fair usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pobbien

Hi, does anyone know if An Postmobile has HD calling enabled, same as Vodafone themselves? thx

Do they definitely stop your data at 50GB/enforce fair usage?
    got a text yesterday from post mobile stating that u have used 45GB call customers care to discuss your usage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

got a text yesterday from post mobile stating that u have used 45GB call customers care to discuss your usage

Ha it sounds like you have been a bold boy and have to got to the principals office!

Advertisement