Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adult ADHD Diagnosis

• 27-03-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

The ADHD waiting lists for an adult assessment, even privately, are huge (Up to 2 years in some cases)

I was quoted €1300 to see a psychiatrist in Blanchardstown with a 2 week waiting list - (which seems ridiculous).

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Sadly in the same boat myself. Quoted between €1200 - €1500 by a clinic in the city centre.I went through my GP 3 years ago and it was a whole year before I got a response saying the waiting list was too big and they wouldn't give me an appointment. I find the whole thing very frustrating. It's almost like they have made booking appointments so hard that if you manage to successfully book one they know you haven't got ADHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi, anyone recommend anyone, I have been searching for a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hi, anyone recommend anyone, I have been searching for a few months now.

Hello, you may have tried these places, they are from the ADHD ireland website:

https://adhdireland.ie/general-information/adhd-irelands-list-of-clinicians/

If they are not helpful, perhaps reach out to some registered child clinical psychologists practices, they may have professional contacts for Adults and could point you in the right direction.
    Unfortunately wait list for everything is atrociously long, The HSE route is a disaster, speaking form experience with my child, he has been on HSE wait list for 5 years for Autism assessment, I've given up on that and am going private, but with covid the wait was almost a year, we have just started the assessment stage now. The cost of the clinical psychologist is €1750, so it doesn't come cheap.

Best of luck anyway, I hope you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Go private, pay whatever. The HSE psychologists team are useless! You will never get diagnosed properly or receive the correct treatment from the HSE. Too much time is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

Anyone up for meeting up for a coffee and a walk to talk about ADHD in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

As someone who always suspected I have a mild form of this, what is to be gained from having a diagnosis?

Advertisement