Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

• 21-10-2010 3:01am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Every week we're getting several threads asking for the exact same things over and over to do with buying a new stick and occasionally selling an old one.

The amount of threads with this kind of stuff occuring is pushing other important stuff off the front page.

So from now on, I would like to ask that all questions when it comes to buying a new stick (especially Tournament Edition and Standard Edition Mad Catz sticks) get asked here in this thread.

If you're new here it'd probably be in your best interest to read this thread before posting. The question you're looking to ask has probably been asked before.

Note- this thread is not intended to cover discussion over modding, new sticks coming out, problems with parts etc. It's just to cover the basics which we're getting over and over. It's business as usual for these topics.

If anyone sees one of these threads and I haven't gotten to it, please report it so I will get a heads up and can merge them.

I don't mind someone mentioning here they have a stick for sale. However, I can't have haggling over prices etc here, so please use the proper process over on Adverts.ie (I have enough to do without dealing with disputes over money, and the mods over on adverts are the ones who "qualified" to do so, so potentially it's protection for you too).

To the forum regulars, feel free to add any links etc here which may make life easier for new people looking for sticks.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Information on the range of sticks available.

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=387

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monoman117

Hi im selling one for xbox 360 its on my adverts if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Selling a 360 stick here http://adverts.ie/327825

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ry wrote: »
    Selling a 360 stick here http://adverts.ie/327825

ah here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

I don't know where to post this so here'll do.

I'm looking to buy a seimetsu stick ls series PCB (specifically for an ls 56)

I can't find any shop that will just sell the stick pcb, they all just sell sticks for seimetsu, but individual parts for sanwa ffs.

Really im just chancing my arm that someone has one spare and wants to offload it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I can't find any shop that will just sell the stick pcb, they all just sell sticks for seimetsu, but individual parts for sanwa ffs.

Really im just chancing my arm that someone has one spare and wants to offload it.

Kiki's probably yer man to talk to. He'll know where if anyone will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

For individual parts, the only shop is AkihabaraShop.jp

You'll have to create a new (free) account to order parts.

Under Arcade -> Joysticks, find Seimitsu LS-56-01 and in the 2nd drop-down box, find #14 Substrate ASSY.
    This costs 990¥ and weighs less than a full stick.
    Get a #7 Spring while you're at it, too.

I'm actually really low on stock due to having no fun-money left, unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Cheers Kiki, my last pcb only lasted 3 days, it was obviously faulty, which im sure is rare. After a short space of time it didnt register a double input e.g dash.

Also Kiki, what do you think is the best medium-throw stick for seimetsu? obviously its opinion based, but im interested in yours

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it's not registering a double-input, it's probably having trouble returning to neutral.

Generally happens if one of the microswitches' levers is bent, or otherwise faulty.
    Or could be a problem with lubrication for the LS-56 pivot (I have this on one of my LS-56s so it's in the box for now).
    Or a faulty spring.

Anyway, Slagcoin only gives Sanwa JLF & Seimitsu LS-56 "medium" throw.

However, I'm going to use LS-55/33* from now on for all my sticks -- have a 33 in my HyperStick and it really is nice. LS-55 is same stick but with a regular-length shaft.
    Also the LS-55/33 models don't use a pivot, so less maintenance!

*that is, if I don't switch back over to Korean sticks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I want to get a mad catz se stick and according to the article amazon is the way to go, just wondering if i need a credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mackg wrote: »
    I want to get a mad catz se stick and according to the article amazon is the way to go, just wondering if i need a credit card?

Yep, amazon are annoying and won't use paypal.

Yep, amazon are annoying and won't use paypal.

A debit card also works. Laser won't though.

Then you're going to have this weird issue that some of the amazon stores won't send electrical items to Ireland. I had to choose 3 TE's til I got one that'd send here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Was planning on gettin one anyway this will just make me actually do it cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Hey lads, I was thinking of getting a Mad Catz TE stick for PS3, but I heard that a firmware update has rendered most wired accessory controllers useless, as in it won't register it as a controller or some shait. Is this true? Has anyone tested this? Cheers.

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Hey lads, I was thinking of getting a Mad Catz TE stick for PS3, but I heard that a firmware update has rendered most wired accessory controllers useless, as in it won't register it as a controller or some shait. Is this true? Has anyone tested this? Cheers.

No, the Ps3 TEs work fine still, I have one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The TE is wired on the PS3, so no worries with PS firmware woes there.

All right, that's good to know. Also props to both of ye replying on the exact same minute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Jumping to stick already JIM?

Haha, well it's going to be 2011 before I can actually get my own stick, sit down and start practicing. But yeah, I'm gonna try and switch, which is going to take some time I bet. But hopefully I'll be at a competent level by the time AE-DLC comes out for SSFIV :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Haha, well it's going to be 2011 before I can actually get my own stick, sit down and start practicing. But yeah, I'm gonna try and switch, which is going to take some time I bet. But hopefully I'll be at a competent level by the time AE-DLC comes out for SSFIV :o

I will be adjusting to the stick too in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it won't be too difficult :p

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I will be adjusting to the stick too in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it won't be too difficult :p

Damn you, getting a head start! :D

We can have some practice sessions online when I get back home. An endless room for stick-newbies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so where can i buy a madcats tourny stick? first edition
    2nd one looks too big

Placebo wrote: »
    so where can i buy a madcats tourny stick? first edition
    2nd one looks too big

The Round 2 is the same as the original ones with a different colour scheme and the TE-S are slightly smaller than the first model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

The Round 2 is the same as the original ones with a different colour scheme and the TE-S are slightly smaller than the first model.

This farz, the body is the same size but they've taken angled edges off ie the white bits

Thanks Guys.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291717564&sr=8-2

is there a better stick out there? how much was your new one GER?
    i've realized mines no good for charge characters, its too lose.

Might get the above, as it seems the cheapest.
    Anyone order from amazon before, delivery time?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Farz,

You can get a brand new TE-S here for less

http://www.gamesbites.com/Xbox360accessories/?sortmethod=lohi&page=5

Why not just fix yours if it's too lose?

Placebo wrote: »
    Thanks Guys.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291717564&sr=8-2

is there a better stick out there? how much was your new one GER?
    i've realized mines no good for charge characters, its too lose.

Might get the above, as it seems the cheapest.
    Anyone order from amazon before, delivery time?

thanks

Mine arrived in under a week.

i really dont like the look of the super edition? is there a difference?

ger, fix? like the spring? i got a new stick, i just think its the way its mounted. It doesnt make that click sounds the TE's do, seems lose. was lose when i got it too? doesnt make sense if the parts are the same, has to be the mounting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Super edition is the Same as regular except it doesn't have to white bezel thing on the sides.Thinks it's a bit skinnier as well.

Is it the TE your having problems with..If its loose it sounds like a spring.

What do you mean by mounting. The mounting plate on TE is welded to bottom of lid?

Advertisement