Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Feel like Resi 3 remake killed Capcom's new "Golden Era" for me.

Another thing I heard from the leak was apparently the crowd that handled RE3make were supposed to be doing 4 as well but Capcom stepped in and took it off them after the massive backlash from 3.

So 4 remake probably being all done in house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rob2D wrote: »
    Another thing I heard from the leak was apparently the crowd that handled RE3make were supposed to be doing 4 as well but Capcom stepped in and took it off them after the massive backlash from 3.

Weirdly though, the team were trying to be faithful to 4 this time after the backlash from the changes in 3 remake but capcom 4 remake be a bit different as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    capcom 4 remake be a bit different as well.

Judging from what I heard, it will. Must type it all out in spoiler tags here later for that guy that wanted to know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I didn't know 3 remake was outsourced. That would explain a lot.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone see Resi 3 Remake going cheap anywhere (physical copy)? I was looking to speand 25, 30 max but can only find it from 35 up. I'm sure it will drop in price soon enough like 2 so might hold out. Want to finally give it a go.

24 sterling on Amazon

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    24 sterling on Amazon

Ends up at 29 euro and I've already had one dispute with Amazon this year, would rather give cex 35 for it. Will just hold out a bit i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They should give it to me, I'll sort it out :pac:

Played the RE:Verse beta this morning, absolute borefest. I saw in options you can turn off comic visuals which makes it so much better to look at. Then it's a loose run and gun game, just mindless. Only upside is becoming a bioweapon when you die. Jack Baker is a great laugh to play with running around with a chainsaw. I can see zero staying power with this, absolute fluff. Resistance has way more longevity with the co-op side and even that's crap.

Anyway, here's my 1st and only game for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

My god what were they thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ASOT wrote: »
    My god what were they thinking.

They have been trying to make multiplayer Resident Evil a thing for almost 2 decades now, they are never going to learn. Give us single player campaigns and multiplayer mercenaries and leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Played the RE:Verse beta this morning, absolute borefest. I saw in options you can turn off comic visuals which makes it so much better to look at. Then it's a loose run and gun game, just mindless. Only upside is becoming a bioweapon when you die. Jack Baker is a great laugh to play with running around with a chainsaw. I can see zero staying power with this, absolute fluff. Resistance has way more longevity with the co-op side and even that's crap.

Anyway, here's my 1st and only game for anyone interested.

The changing into a bioweapon does look like a bit of craic....but I'd say it'd hold your attention for about an hour or two tops!

I got a survey to fill in anyway and they specifically ask what kind of MP modes do you like...
    Co-Op campaign like resi 5 & 6
    PvE modes like Mercenaries
    PVP modes like Resistance & RE:Verse
    I don't like MP in RE.

Hopefully everyone marks Mercenaries. I put down that anyone interested in RE multiplayer either wants Outbreak or Mercenaries, no need for anything new but fair play for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'd love a new Outbreak game, really enjoyed them actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ASOT wrote: »
    I'd love a new Outbreak game, really enjoyed them actually.

I thought they were a mess. The ticking virus thing just doesn't work in a non-linear Resi title and they did it twice. A shame as there was some serious potential there.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Having never played resident evil game before I tried play 1 end last year but I got sick it a few hours in and couldn't finish it . I was going to start 2 remake soon but now I think I will play 7 before village comes out and then go back in future and play 2? I presume I can just jump in at 7 that I won't miss that much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

brady12 wrote: »
    Having never played resident evil game before I tried play 1 end last year but I got sick it a few hours in and couldn't finish it . I was going to start 2 remake soon but now I think I will play 7 before village comes out and then go back in future and play 2? I presume I can just jump in at 7 that I won't miss that much ?

7 functions as a soft reboot of the series, so yes you can just play that and RE8 and will probably be fine. There’s no harm in playing RE2 beforehand either though. It will give you a better understanding of the series. Also it’s amazing and only about 5 hours long.

A few references in files would be all you'd miss out on.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought they were a mess. The ticking virus thing just doesn't work in a non-linear Resi title and they did it twice. A shame as there was some serious potential there.
    They were a huge mess, also with the items that you needed to progress.. I remember in one of the later missions in the first game being stuck and not knowing what to do next when one of the randomers pops up and hands me the missing vaccine component or whatever it was.. fantastic.. but that never happened again and I never figured out how to actually complete the mission myself

But that was really part of the charm I guess, the messiness. I still have very fond memories of the first 2 levels, especially the opening in the pub and the random cops you met on the streets, that was the kind of depiction of Racoon City I'd been waiting for since 3.

They were a huge mess, also with the items that you needed to progress.. I remember in one of the later missions in the first game being stuck and not knowing what to do next when one of the randomers pops up and hands me the missing vaccine component or whatever it was.. fantastic.. but that never happened again and I never figured out how to actually complete the mission myself

But that was really part of the charm I guess, the messiness. I still have very fond memories of the first 2 levels, especially the opening in the pub and the random cops you met on the streets, that was the kind of depiction of Racoon City I'd been waiting for since 3.

I think what really did for Outbreak was the damn virus meter. It added nothing to the game and just made the whole thing seem urgent when Resi games are supposed to be focused on horror and exploration.

H. H. Asquith

Just played first two hours of 7 my god what a game . Will have nightmares after that 😅

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

For anyone who might be interested, if you pre order Resident Evil VIII on Stadia, you will receive a free Premier Edition (stadia controller, chromecast ultra and one month of Stadia Pro).
    So €70 gets you the game plus all the equipment needed to play on your TV.

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Resident-Evil-7-comes-to-Stadia-Pro-Resident-Evil-Village-comes/ba-p/56478

Feel free to ignore if this is not your thing.

New Resi showcase sometime in April, showing off more 8 (i don't want to see any more of that tbh) and other stuff. Hopefully a trailer for the new Resident Evil: welcome to racoon city film as well as netflix series news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Don't forget the Re:Verse open beta next month, Zero. You know we're excited for that. :pac:

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Don't forget the Re:Verse open beta next month, Zero. You know we're excited for that. :pac:

I can't believe the hoops i jumped through just to sign up to that, not worth the download bandwidth. Here's hoping capcom announce Outbreak or mercenaries standalone. This thing of tacking on shyte multiplayer to specific games is such a bad idea.

So having never played a resi evil game before I tried 1 remake about last august and couldn't handle the old school controls so gave up after a few hours . Then I started playing Evil within 1 and liked it . I parked it with intention of finishing after getting caught up in the hype for village and decided to play 7 / biohazard . Just finished it there . WHAT A GAME . story , setting & characters all hooked me in . 9/10 game for me . Now I'm wondering what do next ? Will I try some of the 7 DLC is it worth it ? And then play village demo ? Or not bother with DLC ? Considering I will be buying Village on launch and then after that will have start going through 2-6 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So having never played a resi evil game before I tried 1 remake about last august and couldn't handle the old school controls so gave up after a few hours . Then I started playing Evil within 1 and liked it . I parked it with intention of finishing after getting caught up in the hype for village and decided to play 7 / biohazard . Just finished it there . WHAT A GAME . story , setting & characters all hooked me in . 9/10 game for me . Now I'm wondering what do next ? Will I try some of the 7 DLC is it worth it ? And then play village demo ? Or not bother with DLC ? Considering I will be buying Village on launch and then after that will have start going through 2-6 ��

Go back and slog your way through RE1 remake, controls are dated sure, but take in the story, Then move onto RE2 and 3 remake, they are far superior to RE1 in terms of handling/controls/graphics.. Then leave it at that, everything else is either more dated or sh!t :)

Or if you really dont wanna play RE1, just watch the story/cut scenes play out on youtube and then jump into REmake 2, its by far the best resident evil game to date. RE3 got a lot of flack, but i played it recently and enjoyed it from start to finish, think people were just over reacting with the disappointment just because it wasnt as long or better than RE2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nix wrote: »
    Go back and slog your way through RE1 remake, controls are dated sure, but take in the story, Then move onto RE2 and 3 remake, they are far superior to RE1 in terms of handling/controls/graphics.. Then leave it at that, everything else is either more dated or sh!t :)

Agreed on the first part, it's worth sticking with it until the controls click!
    However, I'd say that 4 and 5 are still very playable. 4 is great, as we all know. 5 is a good action game, especially in co-op, it's just not very good at being a resident evil game...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I love the RE games but was put off when I played RE5 years ago on PS3 so tried it again there on PC at the weekend as it was in my collection but I still couldn't get used to the all action aspect of it which then lead to the terrible RE6
    so it has been uninstalled again never to see the light of day and so am left looking forward to Village
    I would love to see a remake of 4 to finish off the good ones or even a remake of RE0 or RE: Code Veronica

• Advertisement

Is the 7 dlc worth it though ? Or will
    I just wait for village come out don't want burn myself out of resi 😅😀

Advertisement