Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

spix wrote: »
    It just keeps getting worse...what a disaster.
    Wonder how this affects the deadline on paying the customs bill before parcel returned to sender?

I called them yesterday after the second time they failed to charge my card.

I was told that they wouldn't be returning parcels until the issue is resolved and you then fail to pay a few times.

Just this morning they processed my one item that was due December 28th.
    So it's back to business for now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Dumb question, is there any way of tracking a parcel once it's been received at their UK depot? That's obviously as far as my Royal Mail tracking goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Dumb question, is there any way of tracking a parcel once it's been received at their UK depot? That's obviously as far as my Royal Mail tracking goes

You will get an email with an AnPost tracking number as soon as it is processed in the UK and you can follow it from there to your home, You will get another email looking for Duty to be paid but that comes after you get the AnPost Tracking number and before it's delivered to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Just from my experience, I received my order this morning, took 3 weeks. I received the text and email from address pal to pay customs 6 days ago, I paid it immediately. I checked tracking daily and it was listed as as LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB up until last night. I then got a text this morning saying the package was due for delivery in up to 3 working days. Post man came about 20 minutes later and dropped it off.

So, just from my experience, tracking is non-existent and address pal is nothing short of useless as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just from my experience, I received my order this morning, took 3 weeks. I received the text and email from address pal to pay customs 6 days ago, I paid it immediately. I checked tracking daily and it was listed as as LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB up until last night. I then got a text this morning saying the package was due for delivery in up to 3 working days. Post man came about 20 minutes later and dropped it off.

So, just from my experience, tracking is non-existent and address pal is nothing short of useless as things stand.

Tracking of all mail seems to be very hit or miss. I sent a couple of items to a friend in Finland - their postal service is usually excellent & delivery is 5 working days. Both items took over two weeks with no tracking once they left Ireland. They wasn't any tracking in Finland either.

They sent me a package on January 13th. No sign of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

I have an AP item in the Dublin sorting facility since the 20th. Seems like everything is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 b481

w/r/t customs charges, are they automatically charged to your card like the AddressPal fee, or paid like they usually are (at the door or at the post office)?

Edit: not automatic, can now be paid online or with cash at a post office. They will email you with a link for online payment.

Your Customs Charge can be paid either:
    online at anpost.com/PayCustoms, using your credit/debit card and the Customs reference number detailed on the Postcard/SMS/Email; or
    at any Post Office, using your credit/debit card or cash. Please bring the email or the card you received in the post with you to the Post Office.
    Once your payment is complete, we will arrange for your item to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Rewired wrote: »
    US customs charges are automatically charged, UK VAT + handling fees are emailed to you with a payment link.

Regarding deliveries from UK, when you say that a payment link is emailed suggests that it is not necessary to have provided your credit card details to AP beforehand and that payment is effected by the purchaser at time of receipt of email??

Not sure what the situation is at present as I have not had any transactions since December, but I remember getting an email from AP advising that credit card details would have to be provided and that AP would automatically charge this card at the relevant time. Thanks.

Maidhci wrote: »
    Regarding deliveries from UK, when you say that a payment link is emailed suggests that it is not necessary to have provided your credit card details to AP beforehand and that payment is effected by the purchaser at time of receipt of email??
    Yeah, that's basically it. Had to re-enter my card details for VAT + handling fees for UK AP item this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 b481

Edit: not automatic, can now be paid online or with cash at a post office. They will email you with a link for online payment.

Did you get this for a US or UK item, or is it the same for both?

b481 wrote: »
    Did you get this for a US or UK item, or is it the same for both?

Same for both

TimHorton wrote: »
    Same for both
    Yep.

I see my US Addresspal Item has landed at Dublin Parcel Hub, Lets see how long it takes to reach me from there.

24 January 2021 22:48

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

24 January 2021 21:11

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

18 January 2021 08:54

Your post has left An Post NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I see my US Addresspal Item has landed at Dublin Parcel Hub, Lets see how long it takes to reach me from there.

24 January 2021 22:48

24 January 2021 21:11

18 January 2021 08:54

Just a quick one: did those 15.99 get counted towards 150e duty limit? A.k.a. to pay only the vat, if we're ordering through addresspal, is the limit "technically" 134.01e( us) and 143.5e (from uk)?

Here is mine........ (and yes, customs, VAT and carriage all paid)

22 January 2021 11:58

Your delivery has been sorted in STORAGE WAREHOUSE, DUBLIN

Mod <snip> no need to quote the whole post

Has this progressed any further ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Fwarder wrote: »
    Just a quick one: did those 15.99 get counted towards 150e duty limit? A.k.a. to pay only the vat, if we're ordering through addresspal, is the limit "technically" 134.01e( us) and 143.5e (from uk)?

Yes.
    Damn them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

Just in case someone is wondering of the AddressPal process, here is my experience:

I bought something second hand for 50gbp plus 3.50 delivery in UK.
    They charged me 6.50 euro when received into their UK hub and requested an invoice for the item which I provided.
    I sent them the invoice and received a VAT charge to today for 17.24 (3.50 of which was a processing fee).

So the main points are
    1) It's very slow. I am a week in and have not received the item yet
    2) They charge ROI VAT on the whole item price including delivery (I'm pretty sure they should remove UK VAT before the calculation)

It's just not worth it anymore buying from the UK apart from Amazon.

-

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Fwarder wrote: »
    No, the €150 customs duty exemption threshold takes into account the intrinsic value of the goods only. Freight & insurance aren't taken into account.

BUT...

If the intrinsic value of the goods exceed €150, then the cost of freight (including the AddressPal portion) & insurance is added to the value of the goods and duty then calculated on that entire amount.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dubrov wrote: »
    Just in case someone is wondering of the AddressPal process, here is my experience:

I bought something second hand for 50gbp plus 3.50 delivery in UK.
    They charged me 6.50 euro when received into their UK hub and requested an invoice for the item which I provided.
    I sent them the invoice and received a VAT charge to today for 17.24 (3.50 of which was a processing fee).

So the main points are
    1) It's very slow. I am a week in and have not received the item yet
    2) They charge ROI VAT on the whole item price including delivery (I'm pretty sure they should remove UK VAT before the calculation)

It's just not worth it anymore buying from the UK apart from Amazon.

-

No, its not up to anyone else to remove UK VAT but the seller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

whiterebel wrote:
    No, its not up to anyone else to remove UK VAT but the seller

You could also argue it's not up to anyone to declare the value to customs but the seller. Addresspal obviously offer this service but to make it a viable business model, I think they will have to go one step further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

It's a **** show at the moment.
    Ordered a firestick using prime from Amazon on the 2nd Jan.
    Amazon says delivered on the 4th to ADDRESSPAL address.
    Got a customs payment request on the 10th, paid straight away.
    Then bouncing from pillar to post in different Dublin warehouse 6 times.

Still not delivered to Co. Tipp nearly 4 weeks later!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You gave them the seller's invoice. An Post can only clear goods on the value the invoice shows. Not up to them to remove VAT. That is now a non EU charge,

No Delay here for my US Item

26 January 2021 06:21

Your post is out for delivery ATHLONE D.S.U., CO WESTMEATH

24 January 2021 22:05

24 January 2021 21:38

18 January 2021 08:13

18 January 2021 08:13

Your delivery has left our handling partner in NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

16 January 2021 14:05

We have your post in NEW JERSEY 07726, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Has anyone been successful in getting the VAT charges cancelled for an item under €22 when they have sent you a bill?

I emailed the ecommquery address previously quoted in this thread but nothing back!

If I pay the charges then the charges and addresspal fee will be even more then the price of the actual item!
    Ridiculous!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No Delay here for my US Item

You got lucky.
    I'm guessing your item had no VAT/Customs due on it.
    All AP items with vat and/or customs- are bouncing around Greenogue.

My item is still at:

Last scan was on Friday.

An Post has to do something about the Greenogue mess- its destroying anyone's intention of ever using Address Pal ever again at this rate.

You got lucky.
    I'm guessing your item had no VAT/Customs due on it.
    All AP items with vat and/or customs- are bouncing around Greenogue.

My item is still at:

Last scan was on Friday.

An Post has to do something about the Greenogue mess- its destroying anyone's intention of ever using Address Pal ever again at this rate.

My Item did have charges and I paid them last week , As you say I got lucky. BTW The parcel has just been delivered , It contains 3 items that would have cost over 1200 euro here , I paid 345 euro , Shipping cost 41.99 euro and the customs 29 euro so all in all an amazing bargain and I would have missed out if Addresspal was not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Yeah, that's basically it. Had to re-enter my card details for VAT + handling fees for UK AP item this week.

Interesting - could I ask if you had already updated your AP account with the now required credit card number? Perhaps your order was placed in December before the new requirements became effective and therefore AP processed it as part of the backlog?

The reason for my questions are that I have an AP account (without credit card details) was a reasonably frequent user etc. but did not update my credit card details due to reservations about having my cc details available to AP etc. etc. Apologies for the questions but I am wondering if AP still process deliveries without credit card details being recorded in the account. It would be ideal for me to continue as before and receive notification and link, similar to your situation, in order to pay the specific amount relating to a particular delivery. Thanks in advance.

Maidhci wrote: »
    Interesting - could I ask if you had already updated your AP account with the now required credit card number? Perhaps your order was placed in December before the new requirements became effective and therefore AP processed it as part of the backlog?
    Card details were already on file for AP US delivery charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭pancyk

Hi,

Just want to share my situation on recent shopping in UK with AddressPal delivery to ROI.

MOD - SNIP. Check the Charter and relevant warning posts in thread before you post again.

Customs Value: € 59.38
    Customs Reference Number: 21IEDUB53XXX0116R0
    Tracking ID Number: LE00787XXX5IE
    Date: 25/01/2021

Import Duty: € 0.00
    Excise Duty: € 0.00
    VAT: € 12.46
    An Post Fee: € 3.50

Total to be Paid: € 15.96
    Pay by Date: 18/02/2021

So charges on 59,39eur order are about 25% plus 6,5eur delivery

Hope that anPost will open FrenchPal or GermanPal ..., buying in UK with AddressPal is not a bargain anymore

Advertisement