Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Picked up a litre bottle of Boyle's Gin on special offer for 20 europeans in Aldi, the 70cl bottle was 25 I think.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Hi, Rose I think you should check the price's you have quoted !

KB22 wrote: »

I'm not going to do another 35 mile round trip to check the 70cl price but I have the receipt in front of me for the litre I bought.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Who the hell is Rose?

Slabs of Guinness 25 in Dunnes, didn't check what size. I can't drink anymore of it so didn't bother getting it.

[QUOTE=Surreptitious;116021334]Who the hell is Rose?

Slabs of Guinness 25 in Dunnes, didn't check what size. I can't drink anymore of it so didn't bother getting it.[/QUOTE]

I nearly spat Merlot on me laptop.

I grow roses as a hobby, but that spelling was already taken when I signed up to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Oh no, not the Lidl Chilean Merlot Reserva Privada :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

KB22 wrote: »
    Those prices are spot on. I picked up the litre bottle for €20 in Aldi just before Christmas. And the regular 70cl bottle is indeed €25.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I grow roses as a hobby, but that spelling was already taken when I signed up to boards.
    Finally your username makes sense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That Lech stuff is pretty nice got a bottle in Spar today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Quackster wrote: »
    Those prices are spot on. I picked up the litre bottle for €20 in Aldi just before Christmas. And the regular 70cl bottle is indeed €25.

Got a bottle on offer aswell before Christmas,
    Must have been stock left over ,
    Great value at that
    Will have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Picked up a litre bottle of Boyle's Gin on special offer for 20 europeans in Aldi, the 70cl bottle was 25 I think.

Oh!!! Which Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

Yes I know it probably goes against the ethics of thread but I'm sure it'll appeal to some :) Bottles of Peroni Libera 0% in Dealz for 50c. 4 pack in Super Value about 6 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Quackster wrote: »

That's mad Ted .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭SteM

raheny red wrote: »
    Yes I know it probably goes against the ethics of thread but I'm sure it'll appeal to some :) Bottles of Peroni Libera 0% in Dealz for 50c. 4 pack in Super Value about 6 quid.

Saw these yesterday. They were dated 01/21, not sure if that matters tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

raheny red wrote: »

I for one am thankful. Bought some to try and if I like them will go clear the shelf tomorrow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Centra have 20 bottles of Heineken for €20.....ends today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

SteM wrote: »
    Saw these yesterday. They were dated 01/21, not sure if that matters tbh.

That's why most pubs traditionally have very limited stock of non-alcoholic. Sh1t sits on the shelf til it's gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

As another poster mentioned, Perlenbacher XXL is now brewed in France.

Just says "Embotellado en Francia" (bottled) in Spanish and that it is produced by Brasserie Champigneulles SAS, France.

Brasserie Champigneulles SAS is owned by TCB Beteilgungsgesellschaft.

From their website:
    Champigneulles is the oldest active brewery in France.
    Since 1897, this name has been a synonym for quality.
    Today, in addition to its own brand, numerous beer specialities are brewed at this site, which are sold to supermarket chains and well-known retail brands in all of Europe.
    In total, this site can produce more than 4 million hectolitres of beer, with three bottling lines for bottles and three for cans.
    Bit sneaky by Lidl not saying where it is brewed in English, when they used to when it was brewed in Germany, and just using "bottled" in Spanish.

Won't be buying again - what a shame.

Kf9hW9F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Argus strong beer- 500ml can 7.2% eek.png €1.79 each
    Argus premium beer- 500ml can 5% €1.49 each

Argus strong is absolutely delicious stuff. Before I started brewing I used to buy it by the slab whenever it was in stock - back then it was €1.50 a can so a tray of 20 came out to a nice even €30.

It tastes very different to your average lager, some will find it a delicious upgrade and others will find it an unpleasant downgrade.
    Definitely give it a try and see if you like it.
    Argus is a very nice beer - I always buy it when it's on special.

When there's no Argus, I buy one of the the Steam Brews (IPA and Red) which Lidl seem to be stocking on a permanent basis.

Both go down very easy. €1.96 per can.

7w5VWMM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

Argus is a very nice beer - I always buy it when it's on special.

When there's no Argus, I buy one of the the Steam Brews (IPA and Red) which Lidl seem to be stocking on a permanent basis.

7w5VWMM.jpg
    does Argus not do click and collect:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking at the Lidl offers leaflet theirs 2 beers listed

Argus strong beer- 500ml can 7.2% :eek: €1.79 each
    Argus premium beer- 500ml can 5% €1.49 each
    15% off Tyskie bottles too. €1.37

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I buy one of the the Steam Brews (IPA and Red) which Lidl seem to be stocking on a permanent basis.

Haven't tried the Red , but the IPA is nice. Packs a punch though ... thread very carefully.

Tried them Steam Brews - very much not for me. Tasted like most strong beers to me - rank. Apart from the Belgian monks I've yet to come across any that the alcohol content doesn't just seem to be there for the benefit of boozehounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Tried them Steam Brews - very much not for me. Tasted like most strong beers to me - rank. Apart from the Belgian monks I've yet to come across any that the alcohol content doesn't just seem to be there for the benefit of boozehounds.

Try duval beer. Its decent.

https://www.thebeerclub.ie/products/duvel-33cl?variant=814216209&currency=EUR&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2020-07-07&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Duvel is gorgeous, yeah I meant the Belgians are the only ones who can do strong beer right.

It's only when I read this post I realised how on the ball you are, they are master brewers of the stronger stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Guinness foreign extra (7.5%) or the West Indies stuff ( 6% ish?) are both lovely.

Saw Super valu were doing 20 bottles hop house for 20 euro there the other day.

My Christmas stock is still plentiful though so didnt get any :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Caquas

Has anyone seen a genuine wine offer since they brought in the new regulations?

I thought the supermarkets would simply cut their wine prices now that they can't do multibuy offers and people can't use their points but I have seen no genuine price cuts in their wine sections over the past three weeks.

All the recent posts here seem to be about beer so I'm switching!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Caquas wrote: »
    I thought the supermarkets would simply cut their wine prices now that they can't do multibuy offers and people can't use their points but I have seen no genuine price cuts in their wine sections over the past three weeks.

Lidl had a half price merlot over the weekend dunno if any stock left.
    I havent seen any general price cuts.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Caquas wrote: »

January is not great for deals.

Your best bet is something like this which is kind of like a booze deal all year round.

https://www.aldi.ie/toro-loco-superior/p/040728020610200

Advertisement