Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working from home , certified off covid question

• 14-01-2021 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys

Just looking for a small bit of advice.

I work in the Limerick area and am currently working from home the past few months due to Covid 19. Over the past few days I've been feeling very unwell and have had a number of covid symptoms as well as having a close contact who tested positive over the last few days.

I rang my GP this morning, gave my details and within an hour I had a covid test booked in my local testing centre. I did the covid test and am currently awaiting the results. My GP in the mean time emailed me a cert for 2 weeks and I have forwarded this onto my employer.

My employer has full sick leave cover but my question is should my test return a negative result and my GP cert already has me off for 2 weeks, is there anyway my employer can turn around and request I work within the 2 weeks if I am feeling better since I am working from home? And is my employer even entitled to know the result of my test once I've already sent in a cert for the next 2 weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Personally, I would return to work as soon as I felt well enough - anything else is taking the mick in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

So in other words Al you want a two week holiday at someone else's expense...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Gotta be a wind up, either that or an illustration of how wfh will be open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op, your real problem will be if you are negative this time but get Covid later and need to take off sick time.
    How are you going to answer your boss asking are you the only person in the country who has reported having Covid twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

If you are unwell stay off work
    If you are well then do your work....

• Advertisement
Advertisement