Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de Return too expensive

• 11-01-2021 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I bought a clothes rail for 40e from Amazon.de. Delivery was 10e. There’s a bar missing. Go to return option (missing parts) and I must pay for the cost to return? I will be reimbursed 11e. An post fees are in the region of 40e meaning it’s not worth returning at all.

WTH

I think I’m done with Amazon entirely now.

Edit: clarification of details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭VG31

Either :

A) Pay the return shipping costs and send Amazon the receipt. They should refund you the return postage cost. I did this before with Amazon.de. The return shipping reinbursement was €11 but I told them in the chat it had cost €18 and they refunded me the €18.

B) Contact them via chat and explain the problem. It's fairly likely you mightn't even have to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smythy

I was the same, I bought an item and return was €76 with an post, and they reimbursed the full amount when I sent them a copy of the receipt ��

What's the postage if you try one of the other options? All the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Amazon seem to have decided they don't want to serve the Irish market. And to be fair they aren't the only ones. We are going back to the 1990s.

touts wrote: »
    Amazon seem to have decided they don't want to serve the Irish market. And to be fair they aren't the only ones. We are going back to the 1990s.

Why would they have opened a huge warehouse in Dublin if that was the case?

• Advertisement

I had a similar issue and they refunded the postage no problem when I provided a receipt.

It was a PITA having to pay it, and then wait to get the refund, but it was better then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThrowAway8

Update: So Amazon customer care have agreed to cover the cost of postage if I provide receipt. Great I guess.

However it’s a lot of effort for a return. Also what if I had just changed my mind. I don’t think I’d get my postage fully covered in that instance.

Aww I miss the good old Amazon days

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ThrowAway8 wrote: »
    Update: So Amazon customer care have agreed to cover the cost of postage if I provide receipt. Great I guess.

However it’s a lot of effort for a return. Also what if I had just changed my mind. I don’t think I’d get my postage fully covered in that instance.

Aww I miss the good old Amazon days

Amazon UK have changed theirs now as well, and you would have to pay the return for a change of mind.

Advertisement