Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forever Young Festival 10th to 12th July 2020

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Tickets for this are too expensive.

They are not.

It was great fun last year and worth every penny.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Alphaville are announced. Now all we need is a Pod productions festival in Waterford to book The Farm and order will be restored to the galaxy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Genghis

Joe fervently believes there is both an untapped, overflowing supply of, AND an insatiable desire for, fiddlesticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭traco

Anyone attended this before? Mrs Traco mentioned it but looking at the info I need to be convinced. Is it just two stages? How big is it? Is there much to do? Will be going to EP at the end of the summer and this doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's nothing like it. I wasn't there but my missus went last time out. 2 stages, I think. Most of the action on the main stage, a riot of nostalgia, basic enough food and drink, sit around in the sun (you hope) and bask in the soundtrack of your youth. As I say, I wasn't there so forgive me if I'm misrepresenting it but that's pretty much the deal. Having said that, my wife loved it. We live across the road so she could head off when she wanted to. I'd say there's feck all to keep you occupied if you're camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I haven't been to this either but I have been to the "Let's Rock" festivals in the UK which have near identical lineups. Was at Let's Rock Exeter in 2018 or 2019, very boisterous crowd in great form, a lot of 80s dressing up, you'll see a lot of kids/ families there, good variation of artisan food and drink (better than say Marlay Park fare). I went to see Thomas Dolby and the Human League both of whom were outstanding. The ground under me literally shook for the Human League. I can't vouch for Forever Young but realistically it can't be much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭traco

Cheers for that, no interest in camping there. I'd stay on the water and drive but looking at the line up it could make for a long day especially if the weather decides to be rubbish. Info on the site isn't very helpfull, do you know if the second stage is outdoors or a tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Marathon Coaches are doing day returns each day down and back, €31, no need to camp or drive. I don't know about the second stage unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Its a fab weekend and anyone that went first time praised it so highly, brilliant vibe all weekend, one main stage for bigger acts ,second stage for tribute acts who were all excellent by the way, large tent for Sisco (mighty craic) Silent Disco for those who aren't down with the kids....no queueing for anything, great craic on the camp sites and such a friendly atmosphere....i cant wait...

• Advertisement
Advertisement