Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats farcical.
    It really should not be allowed sell tickets that far in advance.

Yeah though I was reading things

https://www.eltonjohn.com/stories/fybr-rescheduled-2022

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »

They will add loads more dates to that tour to pad it out.
    It will probably go on to 2024 or 2025 .

Billing it as his final tour was marketing brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zardoz wrote: »
    They will add loads more dates to that tour to pad it out.
    It will probably go on to 2024 or 2025 .

Billing it as his final tour was marketing brilliance.

Yeah the sneaky divil

Got a ticket for the first show in dec 2021, should of bloody went last year when he was here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

More for online gig thread than physical one but Other Voices will have a digital festival this year: https://www.othervoices.ie/content/other-voices-presents-bringing-it-all-back-home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

In prep for gigs I see Ticketmaster US are working on technology to tie a digital ticket to a digital vaccination certificate or a covid test result. Not sure how feasible it is. Assuming I’m not getting a vaccine next year, not sure how much I’d want to get. Covid test (costing €100) in addition to the ticket price

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/investing/livenation-ticketmaster-preparing-to-return-to-live-events-next-year?__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

TICKETMASTER CHECKOUT 2021

FACE VALUE TICKET
    + booking fee
    + service charge
    + credit card surcharge
    + postage
    + collector's ticket charge
    + commemorative lanyard
    + facility fee
    + venue restoration donation
    + missed event insurance
    + rubber earplugs charge
    + covid19 test fee
    + vaccination digital certificate charge
    + venue temperature check fee
    + entry/exit sanitiser hand-gel (two squirts)
    + disinfectant wipes (2) fee
    ++ 70% alcohol wipes surcharge
    + priority 2m socially distanced seating surcharge
    + artist face mask
    + home-recorded lockdown album digital download

=PAY NOW=

See Cyrpus Avenue has announced a couple of gigs for next month: Must be confident they'll be able to put them on

https://twitter.com/CyprusAveCork/status/1328764087262703618

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

2 concerts a day 80 euro for a tribute act

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tweet deleted. Obviously a mistake.

The Nal wrote: »
    Tweet deleted. Obviously a mistake.

Looks like they deleted and reposted:

https://twitter.com/CyprusAveCork/status/1328807845362610180

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Eod100 wrote: »

€20 each (sold in 4's). Not bad

Some outdoor gigs happening in Wexford next month: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1815669288581863&id=197586197056855

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

Duran Duran in St Anne's Park in June 2021 is being advertised on the radio now. Dublin City Council, MCD, the band and all their managers etc must be feeling confident that outdoor gigs will be back by next summer.

Wonder if there will be more concerts in the park next year, given how much work involved in building and tearing down the stage etc

4 Jun 2021Dermot Kennedy

5 Jun 2021Lionel Richie

13 Jun 2021Duran Duran

rainagain wrote: »
    Duran Duran in St Anne's Park in June 2021 is being advertised on the radio now. Dublin City Council, MCD, the band and all their managers etc must be feeling confident that outdoor gigs will be back by next summer.

Wonder if there will be more concerts in the park next year, given how much work involved in building and tearing down the stage etc

4 Jun 2021Dermot Kennedy

5 Jun 2021Lionel Richie

13 Jun 2021Duran Duran

Are they all postponed gigs? Guess easier to reschedule again if it comes to it then planning new gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are they all postponed gigs? Guess easier to reschedule again if it comes to it then planning new gigs

They are rescheduled, when I checked I saw that they chose the June 2021 date for Duran Duran back in May. I'm surprised they are advertising ticket sales, I haven't heard of any other rescheduled gigs being advertised on the radio. I was thinking there wouldn't be an actual push on selling tickets for anything in summer 2021 until next year. I'm probably just looking for any tiny positive signs that live music will be back in six months!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

rainagain wrote: »
    They are rescheduled, when I checked I saw that they chose the June 2021 date for Duran Duran back in May. I'm surprised they are advertising ticket sales, I haven't heard of any other rescheduled gigs being advertised on the radio. I was thinking there wouldn't be an actual push on selling tickets for anything in summer 2021 until next year. I'm probably just looking for any tiny positive signs that live music will be back in six months!

Christmas sales. May be different than previous years, but that wont stop them pushing sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Anyone have a list of the 2020 rescheduled gigs in Dublin for 2022? Are most still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Well here is a gig that happened in the Button Factory on August 23rd. Gwan the theatre rules

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tool

So looks like gigs at 50% capacity until January 9th.

What does that mean for gigs that have sold more than 50% already?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Imagine they'll have to be postponed (assuming the government adopts them) unless there are gigs that are currently sold to less than 50%.

I'd say it'll be logistically impossible to chop attendees lists in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ffs. There's no end to this shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I wonder what’s happening with dermot Kennedy? Obviously going to be pro sooner it’s virtually impossible to split it by 50%! What do you all think? Another Christmas ruined by our corrupt government!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fcuking disgraceful that a man doing gigs for charity has to do 4 at 50% capacity now, instead of 2 at 100% !

Government/Nphet are a disgrace...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't think thay Covid is less transmissible if you're doing something for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Yeah it’s a bloody joke. Sure only vaccinated people can get indoors anyway so I can’t understand why they’re not doing full capacity. More control from the government. Sometimes I ask myself the question why did I bother getting the vaccine and we still have all these ridiculous restrictions!

Not to turn this thread covidy, but:

There were about 100k cases last January. No one vaxxed. 1420 deaths.

Also 100k cases in November just gone. 90% vaxxed, 160 deaths.

So thats why. But yeah, Im 100% againnst the restrictions on gigs. The entire entertinement industry has been treated like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I was at The Undertones tonight in Belfast. It was an early show so I missed The Outcasts in support. Great gig!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Sooo...am i to believe there are no more Phoebe Bridgers ticket left at all?? Like "if you missed out, you missed out," and by "missed out", I mean the 3 nanoseconds worth of clicking on the Ticketmaster website on the day the tickets were "released" to the general public. Anyone reckon more tickets will be released or it's truly sold out?

Advertisement