Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shares

• 20-10-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
    Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
    To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
    from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
    as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
    Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ludeen wrote: »
    Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
    Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
    To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
    from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
    as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
    Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen
    The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ludeen

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.

Hi ,yes it was a broker Redmayne, think you maybe right on selling the shares, my only worry is the timeline.
    But thanks for that ,.

Advertisement