Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Jerseys 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CK22 wrote: »
    Dublin Hurlers are wearing a navy and light blue jersey today. Very nice to be fair and it’s a wonder they never realised an away jersey. Surely with the popularity and bandwagon appeal, they would make a fortune

That would be just our keeper jersey then I would guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That would be just our keeper jersey then I would guess?

The goalkeeper jersey is white this year. Probably be something like last years though.

I'd have to see it but I still can't picture how navy is less of a clash with royal blue than sky blue is.

The goalkeeper jersey is white this year. Probably be something like last years though.

I'd have to see it but I still can't picture how navy is less of a clash with royal blue than sky blue is.

We always have 3 jerseys. The standard Sky blue and the 2 alternates of A white one and a navy one that the keeper would wear.

It's so seldom that we have to change from sky blue that the other 2 have always been "keepers' jerseys".

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I know it's trivial but that Dublin jersey was black today not navy. Black shorts and socks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

New Dublin jersey available to pre order from tomorrow on elverys apparently. Was at the match today and it's even nicer in the flesh! Birthday coming up so it's going on the wish list!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

53206773_2637520796274926_5960380529046978560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=46a31bb2ffcf95e857d2481643e8e284&oe=5D1E9889

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭Patser

Ooohhhh. That's nice.

Couldn't make out the design before. That's lovely.

No affiliation or knowledge of the quality of this site but nice to see someone make another stab at GAA retro gear. The last company I remember was mid-century stuff so not quite fashionable, but I can see these being worn more
    https://www.orgaretro.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

aUFeMUl.png

Is new Louth jersey. It clean and nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Mayo should change to blue
    Green and red doesn't stand out enough against a green pitch on a sunny day

GKlALeS.png

Clare new jersey. I am not sure if I like the blue band. But at least no spikes this time.

I think the tshirt effect would look OK if it was actually a separate piece of materiel than the yellow, and sewn together. But this is O'Neills, so it's all just preinted on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

newg300 wrote: »
    I think the tshirt effect would look OK if it was actually a separate piece of materiel than the yellow, and sewn together. But this is O'Neills, so it's all just preinted on there.

The Blue band is dodgy enough but the rest is ok. The sooner some county does a deal with Adidas or Canterbury or Nike the better. The GAA haven't a legal leg to stand on if their archaic rule is challenged in the EU courts. Why in 2019 do we all have to wear O Neills or some other 'Irish' brand ..Its a poor enough standard. Compare GAA jerseys to Hockey or rugby jerseys..its shocking how far behind O Neills are.

Someone pointed this out in the Clare thread. It's very wonky looking. You wouldn't mind O'Neills being a slightly lower quality if it was reflected in the prices, but it's not.

clare-home-jersey-5_4.jpg

BloodyBill wrote: »
    The Blue band is dodgy enough but the rest is ok. The sooner some county does a deal with Adidas or Canterbury or Nike the better. The GAA haven't a legal leg to stand on if their archaic rule is challenged in the EU courts. Why in 2019 do we all have to wear O Neills or some other 'Irish' brand ..Its a poor enough standard. Compare GAA jerseys to Hockey or rugby jerseys..its shocking how far behind O Neills are.

Didn't Kerry have an Adidas jersey at some stage?

I'd rather have O'Neills. Not everything Irish has to be hated just because we live in the Twitter age.

Cork had Adidas jerseys and the manufacturers logo had to be covered up with tape..

I'd rather have O'Neills. Not everything Irish has to be hated just because we live in the Twitter age.

Theres no one hating Irishness here. It's the lack of quality and the silly rule that's the problem

• Advertisement

In fairness that crest is crooked. I'd rather buy Irish too but you still want some QA.

Do people on Twitter bash Irish products or the Irish themselves? Honest question. I try to ignore Twitter as much as possible.

It's GAA rule
    Clubs are free to change it

They did. They got around it in a uniquely awkward way with the Adidas logo being a "sponsors" logo rather than a manufacturer logo. That was my understanding anyway at the time. There's copious amounts online.

Prideinthejersey.com has a piece on it.

Millfield we're the suppliers iirc

BloodyBill wrote: »

What are you on about?

Nike and Adidas teamwear is better than O'Neill's? You're mad. Look at the ****e that the LOI teams get to pick from!

How far and in what way are O'Neill's behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

O'Neills own the trademark for all the county crests which is why they have the monopoly on the jersey market

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

I think Waterford (and possibly one or two other counties) don't have an O' Neills jersey, I wonder what kind of hoops they had to jump through in order to manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

statto25 wrote: »
    O'Neills own the trademark for all the county crests which is why they have the monopoly on the jersey market

Incorrect, the county boards own the crests. Stopped other companies putting the crest on anything they want. Like Penney's when they were making jerseys for counties 15 or 20 years ago, or lads selling flags on match days.

Offaly are bringing out a replica 1982 shirt to commemorate the last 5 in a row they stopped

jv2000 wrote: »
    I think Waterford (and possibly one or two other counties) don't have an O' Neills jersey, I wonder what kind of hoops they had to jump through in order to manage that?

Azzurri
    Based in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

In fairness that crest is crooked. I'd rather buy Irish too but you still want some QA.

Do people on Twitter bash Irish products or the Irish themselves? Honest question. I try to ignore Twitter as much as possible.

He's just dragging twitter into it for a weird effort at milennial bashing.

Advertisement