Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calving camera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Sami23

cycle4fun wrote: »
    Clever thinking that. I wonder soon will there be call centres in India who will be willing to keep an eye on cameras here for those who do not have family in different time zones?

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Hi guys anyone here handy with installing ip cameras and NVR apps onto a mobile phone. I have installed a new calving camera system in shed and I can view all camers on the monitor, however in order to view on my mobile I need it install an app called "ip pro" I registered my account and that went fine, the app is installed on my phone but wont launch, I log in and it just goes to a screen with a cloud and laptop and mobile on it but wont allow me access to
    app. It works perfect on my two daughters mobiles but not on mine, I can log onto their phones with my login and its fine, so obviously its my phone is the issue, what im wondering is there some premission not granted on my phone and which one is it, any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Irish Beef wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone here handy with installing ip cameras and NVR apps onto a mobile phone. I have installed a new calving camera system in shed and I can view all camers on the monitor, however in order to view on my mobile I need it install an app called "ip pro" I registered my account and that went fine, the app is installed on my phone but wont launch, I log in and it just goes to a screen with a cloud and laptop and mobile on it but wont allow me access to
    app. It works perfect on my two daughters mobiles but not on mine, I can log onto their phones with my login and its fine, so obviously its my phone is the issue, what im wondering is there some premission not granted on my phone and which one is it, any help?

Your using an electricQ calving camera system are you? If so you can try another Android app called eseenet+. I found it to be less buggy than the ip pro app.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Timmaay wrote: »
    Your using an electricQ calving camera system are you? If so you can try another Android app called eseenet+. I found it to be less buggy than the ip pro app.

Thanks Timmaay that worked straight away on the mobile, however it wont allow me to zoom in, even though there seems to be a function for this on the screen. still its very clear as is and great to have it on phone. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anybody try homeplugs in the house and homeplugs in the shed? Those are the plugs that let you send an ethernet connection through the plug to another plug, your electricity has to be all on the one loop though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody try homeplugs in the house and homeplugs in the shed? Those are the plugs that let you send an ethernet connection through the plug to another plug, your electricity has to be all on the one loop though.
    These can work great but I would say a lot could have separate boards for the sheds and house. Connect this cable to a switch in your shed and away you go with connecting your cameras onto your network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Hi All sorry for bringing up an old thread but my foscam camera was working fine off an old 3 router last year took it out the other day and it's not working so got the Huawei b525 router and new Sim. Can access the camera when I'm on the same network but no joy when I'm using the app away from the network. Think I remember having to setup port forwarding but 3 support are as useful as a chocolate teapot. Any of u lads have the same router and had the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DBuckley

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Hi All sorry for bringing up an old thread but my foscam camera was working fine off an old 3 router last year took it out the other day and it's not working so got the Huawei b525 router and new Sim. Can access the camera when I'm on the same network but no joy when I'm using the app away from the network. Think I remember having to setup port forwarding but 3 support are as useful as a chocolate teapot. Any of u lads have the same router and had the same issue.

Use ddyns in the app or port forward on the router

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭emaherx

Is the router getting a public IP?
    Check what IP the WAN connection is getting and compare it to the IP you get from a Laptop connected to the router by typing what's my IP into Google from a browser. If they are different you will not get port forwarding to work without getting 3 to get you a proper public IP. (Many ISP's no longer give a public IP by default as there is a shortage of IPV4 addresses.)

If you can't get a public IP your only option will be to use a camera that supports P2P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭orm0nd

(its usually 192.168.8.1 and admin / admin )

under security > virtual server add the camera and port details
    under DHCP > make sure the ip on cam is in the range , ( change ip of router if not)

Foscam have their own DDns , enable this in cam settings and use this along with port no. of cam and password to log in

(sorry if I 'm not explaining too well , I will talk you through on DM if you are stuck )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Dozer1

thanks all got it with the below info got it sorted!
    appreciate all the help any one of you want to go into IT support in 3:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Gudstock

Anyone have an approx idea of cost (or recommended supplier) of calving camera plus modem plus battery etc for an outfarm shed with no electricity?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

Guy on done deal selling calving cameras from laois area. Abosulate cowboy. Avoid. Pm me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭alps

Aldi have a 4 camera system for sale today for 200....looksto have all youd require...internet, recording, infrared etc

alps wrote: »
    Aldi have a 4 camera system for sale today for 200....looksto have all youd require...internet, recording, infrared etc

Bought cheaper ones from Amazon less than 100 Euro and they are working fine. I'd say similar quality to the Aldi ones but came without a hard disk. Don't think recording is important for calving cameras and the power consumption will be lower too.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

I went with CCTVDirect.ie
    HIKVISON 2MP Darkfighter DS-2DE4215IW-DE 15 x Zoom 100m IR in Stock, The Kit Price Including all the cables etc, Ubiquiti Wireless Bridges and next day delivery costs €650.00 Inc Vat. This also comes with a 3 year warranty and unlimited technical Support
    I could sort old analogue cameras fine, but IP stuff bit behond me.. The night vision is super.
    Jonathan sorts everything for you by Teamviewer and gets back to you fast if any problems. Also the Hikvision app is very good. Has presets, can move to different areas by calling them, rarely use the moving function, find it awkward. Can also view on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Put on the kettle for this one. Lots of reading;
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056741425

I set up mine with 2 nanostations and a foscam camera about 5 years ago following the thread above. Cost me €200 at the time. Used it today and still going strong without any issues since.

I also used two nano stations but I found getting them to connect to eachother a challenge and got a techy guy to help me set them up.
    Perfect internet from my house about 400m away, but i am told as long as they have clear line of sight they can run up to 13km.

I got a lorex box and 8 cameras (about £350 for everything - nano stations were given to me free)
    Everything is working sweet after 2 years (and i dropped the box from 16ft unto concrete floor)

I am in a small way of going but love them. I am a part-time farmer out at work but I have had 26 live calves out of 26 over last two years and the cameras are a big factor - I have been present at all 26 calvings.
    I have the app on my phone and check from anywhere - checking from bed on winter nights is a luxury. and night vision is amazing

Everyone is different but i wouldn't even consider a ptz camera. I have every conceivable angle covered with my 8 cameras - no blind spots. If i had it to do again i might get 16 for about £500 all-in with box. still a fraction of the cost of one PTZ
    I can see them all at one a glance so it so easy to check when you wake up at 3am with a glance and roll over to sleep again.

Setting them up was deadly simple and the bonus is that they watch for theives when not calving which you ptz won't do

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddydans

Hi,

I have WiFi in the house about 50m from slatted shed. Just wondering what system I can put in place to view a calving camera on mobile phone which I won't have to top up. A step by step would be super??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Paddydans wrote: »
    Hi,

I have WiFi in the house about 50m from slatted shed. Just wondering what system I can put in place to view a calving camera on mobile phone which I won't have to top up. A step by step would be super??
    If the shed is on the same power circuit as the shed, you can get an adapter 1 in the house & the other in the shed to extend the WiFi to the shed.
    Otherwise you’ll have to bring a cat5 cable from house to shed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

From Paddys post
    Has anyone got multiple cameras connected via cat 5?
    How does your system work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

All cameras are not the same. It's possible to install a system if Internet is present in the yard, using bargain basement cameras with 4 cameras with hardware costing about 150e

If you add in router, antenna, quality camera with low light sensitivity and also bulletproof reliability a 4 camera setup hardware would easily hit 1200.

I've installed both levels for various mates and a few mates of mates and have had no calls whatsoever from the lads who went for reliability and quality. Other lads have issues now and again and clarity, especially at night is way worse. You get what you pay for!

Any hikvision camera with 0.005 lux sensitivity, or less, will be brilliant at night. 150-200e each for those though. There's a reason your locsl bank uses them though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddydans

If the shed is on the same power circuit as the shed, you can get an adapter 1 in the house & the other in the shed to extend the WiFi to the shed.
    Otherwise you’ll have to bring a cat5 cable from house to shed

The shed is on a different power supply so it rules that out. Can I bounce the WiFi to the shed?

Paddydans wrote: »
    The shed is on a different power supply so it rules that out. Can I bounce the WiFi to the shed?

yes no problem,

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭edward901

My shed is about 150 meters from the dwelling house with some buildings in the way.Will the Nano stations still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

From Paddys post
    How does your system work?[/QUOTE

I use that kind of system , multiple cameras linked with cat 5 ,works good enough. It could be better , I used low quality cat 5 , didn't know the difference ,
    dont use cable stamped CCA , it means copper coated aluminium, its crap at distance

oneten wrote: »
    From Paddys post
    How does your system work?[/QUOTE

I use that kind of system , multiple cameras linked with cat 5 ,works good enough. It could be better , I used low quality cat 5 , didn't know the difference ,
    dont use cable stamped CCA , it means copper coated aluminium, its crap at distance

+1

and also in farm sheds use the industrial type with the heavy external coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi, I've got the following cabling in the shed which is fed into the house. Can I still use this cable for a fresh camera setup?

Sorry the photos aren't the best, the box is above the slats and the pen was full so I wasn't taking my time to take the photos.

All I really need to know at this stage is if I can use this cabling to upgrade the camera with a wired connection into the house. I'll take it from there.

Thanks.

Hi, I've got the following cabling in the shed which is fed into the house. Can I still use this cable for a fresh camera setup?

Sorry the photos aren't the best, the box is above the slats and the pen was full so I wasn't taking my time to take the photos.

All I really need to know at this stage is if I can use this cabling to upgrade the camera with a wired connection into the house. I'll take it from there.

Thanks.

Looks like network cable alright. Dose it sat cat5 or cat6 anywhere written on the cable? These would need to be terminated correctly at both ends, is no joins involving insulating tape.

On a second look. Network cable will have an orange, green, blue and brown cable each with a white pair twisted to them possibly with a stripe of the same colours.

The red and green wires are probable only phone cable if this is the one running back to the house it will be useless for network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

emaherx wrote: »
    Looks like network cable alright. Dose it sat cat5 or cat6 anywhere written on the cable? These would need to be terminated correctly at both ends, is no joins involving insulating tape.

On a second look. Network cable will have an orange, green, blue and brown cable each with a white pair twisted to them possibly with a stripe of the same colours.

The red and green wires are probable only phone cable if this is the one running back to the house it will be useless for network.

I'll have to check in the morning. This has been installed for at least 20 years so it may be cat5 as opposed to cat5e.

• Advertisement

I'll have to check in the morning. This has been installed for at least 20 years so it may be cat5 as opposed to cat5e.

Won't matter cat 5 will do for 100mbs. Unless you have 4K cameras I wouldn't worry about that. It's probably much quicker than your internet upload speed if you are intending on remote connection.

Advertisement