Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

• 05-10-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just received an email from Spotify offering Premium access for 6 family members @ €14.99/month.

https://www.spotify.com/ie/family/

(This may something that always existed, but the first time I have been aware of it:o )

Note from Boards.ie: Mark - Please note that Spotify may clamp down on abuse/workarounds of the family subscription in the future and that boards.ie (and the OP) accepts no responsibility if this happens.
    Note from Boards.ie: Mark - Buyer beware; we advise you to be cautious about who you hand over your money to. If issues arise, it can only be rectified between you and the person that you paid. If this fails, you can attempt to seek a refund via Paypal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just received an email from Spotify offering Premium access for 6 family members @ €14.99/month.

https://www.spotify.com/ie/family/

(This may something that always existed, but the first time I have been aware of it:o )

it's been around for a while, Apple, Google & Deezer have similar deals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Best thing is to register an account, using Parcel Motel ID or An Post ID, as the address.
    Find 5 others to join in with you. Get them to pay €2.50 each.
    Enjoy cheap Spotify.

I could see many Boardsies becoming family and pooling for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seems like a fantastic deal to me, and a great price for 6 accounts. If anyone fancies starting one up for boardsies, count me in for the €2.50 a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Best thing is to register an account, using Parcel Motel ID or An Post ID, as the address.

What's that got to do with anything?! This is a regular offer for Irish customers. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

The 6 users on the family account have to live at the same address.
    One person subscribes to the family account, sends invites to 5 other people to join the account (with their own login details).
    When they accept the invite they are asked to enter the address - you just need to make sure you enter the same address as the person that subscribed to the family account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

loyatemu wrote: »
    it's been around for a while, Apple, Google & Deezer have similar deals

Deezer family not available in Ireland afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Barty wrote: »
    The 6 users on the family account have to live at the same address.
    One person subscribes to the family account, sends invites to 5 other people to join the account (with their own login details).
    When they accept the invite they are asked to enter the address - you just need to make sure you enter the same address as the person that subscribed to the family account.

Not so sure.. unless it changed; I invited my 3 kids to join Premium and they just clicked on the link sent to them, it logged them in via their credentials and they were then on Premium. I don't recall them having to enter address details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seems like a fantastic deal to me, and a great price for 6 accounts. If anyone fancies starting one up for boardsies, count me in for the €2.50 a month!

Hi. Count me in too please.
    Can I have my own playlists that others can't edit? Also, what if we end the family deal? Do I lose the playlists I've built up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emkoirl

Hi. Count me in too please.
    Can I have my own playlists that others can't edit? Also, what if we end the family deal? Do I lose the playlists I've built up?

Yeah everyone has their own individual accounts, so your playlists can't be edited by anyone else in the family plan. You can also add an existing account to the family plan if you already have one. As for ending the plan, no you won't lose any of your playlists, your account just gets removed from the family plan and loses its premium status.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i had premium when it was on the 99c for 2 months offer - back on the free version and I'm not seeing much of a difference apart from the ad breaks and shuffle play only...although I usually only play albums and spotify playlists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ablelocks wrote: »
    i had premium when it was on the 99c for 2 months offer - back on the free version and I'm not seeing much of a difference apart from the ad breaks and shuffle play only...although I usually only play albums and spotify playlists...

There's a huge difference on mobile

(for example you can't play albums and you can only play playlists in shuffle mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭NTC

Add me to the list for the boards.ie family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Dodge wrote: »
    There's a huge difference on mobile

(for example you can't play albums and you can only play playlists in shuffle mode)

i can play albums (in shuffle mode) on my windows phone. must check the ipods when i get home...

with playlists, it doesn't really matter does it? I only play them in shuffle mode anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

i can play albums (in shuffle mode) on my windows phone. must check the ipods when i get home...

with playlists, it doesn't really matter does it? I only play them in shuffle mode anyway...

Did to me. I find the ability to just look for a song very handy but if you don't need the premium then you're saving yourself a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Would you not start it yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Jeffrey Curved Beaker

So guys..are we just going to talk about it or are we going to get a group buy started.

5 people pay a 6th €15 for 6 months access.

Would take a bit of organisation and trust that people would pay up on time , probably for at least a year to make the planning easier.
    If someone dropped out they would need to give notice and the group dissolves.

Edit: 120 for the year( paid once) so €20 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

tatranska wrote: »
    So guys..are we just going to talk about it or are we going to get a group buy started.

5 people pay a 6th €15 for 6 months access.

Would take a bit of organisation and trust that people would pay up on time , probably for at least a year to make the planning easier.
    If someone dropped out they would need to give notice and the group dissolves

Jaysus, its not that difficult :pac:

Jaysus, its not that difficult :pac:

Indeed it not. 20€a year each 120 for 6.

I'll start the ball rolling if 5 people want to contact me and send me 20 by PayPal.

Indeed it not. 20€a year each 120 for 6.

I'll start the ball rolling if 5 people want to contact me and send me 20 by PayPal.

Is it not €30? 15x12 =180/6=30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm in if we can get the 6. I've had a premium account previously, that doesn't exclude me does it?

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Is it not €30? 15x12 =180/6=30

I signed in. They offer a 1 year price of €120.
    120/6=20.

I've one PM. Need 4 more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

count me in, feel free to pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

I am in too for a year if we can get this going...pm me happy to paypal the money

Suggest we try fill out one account and them move down the list.
    We just post when account is full and the next person takes the lead on the next account

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

sounds good pm you there

PM sent

I've one more spot.
    I'm heading out in a while to a class.

Will PM you all my PayPal details when I get the account group filled.

Davey
    Jimbob
    Arrian
    Natlor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've an ad-free free version, can skip unlimited ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

I signed in. They offer a 1 year price of €120.
    120/6=20.

I've one PM. Need 4 more:)

Where r u seeing that offer? I'm only seeing the€14.99 p/m offer 4 family account! There's 2 offers 4 single account, €9.99 p/m r €119.88 annually!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Seriously guys, what you are all talking about here seems to be an abuse of Spotfiys Terms and Conditions and thus likely against the rules of boards.ie !!

Advertisement