Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Hacker Space

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i couldnt make it the last day but keep me informed, this is a great idea and would be great to just network with like minded people as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

@ceret thanks for the words of support.

@skelliser our next meetup is 7pm Tuesday, March 9th at Galway Bakery Company. They have kindly offered us a reserved upstairs area at the back which means numbers are never a problem. Looking forward to seeing you at a future meetup when you get time.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

Sounds interesting, while I'm a little busy at the moment and can't make the meet up tonight, will be keeping an eye out for your next one. Hopefully can make that.

@Jiri: have you tried pinging the UL computer society? http://www.skynet.ie/

@electrofelix looking forward to seeing you at a future meetup and many thanks for the Limerick lead for @Jiri. Have dropped him a PM to let him know its here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

I'd be pretty interested in this, seems like a nice idea.

Living down in limerick at the moment, attending university, but during summers and such I'd like to be active in this kind of thing back in Galway.

• Advertisement

@slyph thanks for the interest and looking forward to seeing you over the summer. If you want to get involved with the Limerick Hackerspace before then get in contact with @Jiri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

@hk797 thank you for your support, but you don't have to thank me, it is pleasure to create hackerspace and do something which is my hobby.

@slyph definitely, join us if you like, you are more than welcome. This Wednesday we had the first meeting and we decided to start with Arduino workshop
    Jiri

@jiri great to hear you are starting with an Arduino workshop. Are you going to the Mitch Altman and JP Rodgers Electronics Workshop? 091 Labs are holding our first Android workshop 7pm Tuesday, March 16th at Galway Bakery Company for anyone interested. All are welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

hk797 wrote: »
    @jiri great to hear you are starting with an Arduino workshop. Are you going to the Mitch Altman and JP Rodgers Electronics Workshop? 091 Labs are holding our first Android workshop 7pm Tuesday, March 16th at Galway Bakery Company for anyone interested. All are welcome.
    @hk797 no, i am not going to that electronics workshop. My soldering station is very heavy to take it with me to the workshop and i am used to work just only with it, you know :-)

@jiri then we will have to meetup in Limerick or Galway sometime :)

091 Labs is holding our second Android workshop 7pm Tuesday, March 23rd upstairs in the back area at Galway Bakery Company for anyone interested. All are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

Hey guys, How is the progress with the hacker space? If i was in galway during the week i would attend the meetings.

I found this event going on in dublin if you are interested.

http://www.ossbarcamp.com/

a friend of mine went before Christmas and said it was good. Would be cool too get other people involved.

I am heading myself from athlone to see what it is like.

@evoke thanks for the heads up on OSS BarCamp - no idea how many will be going up for April 17th - will ask at our meetup next Tuesday - some of us are heading into exam mode for the next month - we have 3 streams that members are interested in todate - Android, Arduino and Game Development - Sebastian from the Galway LUG left a comment on our site so we hope to see him at our next meetup - did you ever look into getting a hackerspace going in Athlone?

@hk797 did not rally up enough interest in the athlone lug so i do not think there would be enough interest in the hackerspace.

I think it will be good at the camp this weekend. might see you there.

Did anyone go to this on the weekend?

http://www.ossbarcamp.com/

Also there is a new website starting up for open source projects in ireland.

http://www.opensourceireland.org/

@evoke had planned on making it but life had other plans - ended up playing car jockey for the weekend delivering friends cars from airports to ports because of the ash cloud - no idea if anyone else made it - will find out and let you know - thanks for the OSI link will spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭einshteen

Any more info on this? Finishing exams next week and eager to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

Everybody is welcome... We meet every Tuesday at 7pm in the Galway Bakery Company, just drop by....

Follow us on 091labs.com

Hi,

As some of you will know, Galway Hackerspace have just moved into a temporary space across from the Radisson (more details to follow...). We're looking for old desks, couches, chairs and computers to fill the space. If anyone has any stuff lying around that is not being used we would appreciate the donation (we can collect).

PM me if you can help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep an eye on adverts and freecycle.

Next meetup is Tuesday at 7pm at the space, all welcome, there will be biscuits. Map here: http://091labs.com

Last shameless bump, I promise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭irlforum

Hi,
    I'm planning to go to this tomorrow. Looking forward.

@irlforum looking forward to seeing you there. For anyone interested in learning how to use your cameraphone to shoot a film there will be a workshop during tomorrow nights meetup. All are welcome so come by and say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

We have a new forum for 091 Labs here.

Thanks,

John.
    --

Advertisement