Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 503..

• 19-09-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am new in this forum.
    I have a problem: when I am logged in, when I want to access topics the error 503 is displayed. And when I'm not logged in, I get to the topics. so what can I do for that?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Going to move this over to Site Development.

Can I ask where you're accessing from? If overseas, some Responsive Site users have had some success by switching over to Legacy (you can find the link in the footer). Alternatively, an incognito window may help rectify this issue. Can I ask what browser and OS you're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steph_ou

I access the site from France. but currently i switch to Legacy site and it works!
    My browser is Google Chrome and my OS Win10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭John.G

Going to move this over to Site Development.

Can I ask where you're accessing from? If overseas, some Responsive Site users have had some success by switching over to Legacy (you can find the link in the footer). Alternatively, an incognito window may help rectify this issue. Can I ask what browser and OS you're using?

As stated above this problem started a few days ago on my own laptop with Windows 7 and Google chrome, I get error code 503 or sometimes 504, never had a issue with that laptop/boards.ie for the past 7 or 8 years.

I can access boards.ie with my Iphone4 which has a Safari browser but when I try to log in I get error code 503, the problem on here started the same time as it did with the Win 7 Laptop.

This laptop uses Win10 & Google Chrome but I was all ready logged on here when the problem started on my own one so I am afraid to log off here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

I’ve been having terrible problems on chrome from my iPhone for the past few days.
    It looks like if I force the browser to a url with touch at the start it works. But as soon as it reverts to a url without touch then I get the error message.

bergipau wrote: »
    I’ve been having terrible problems on chrome from my iPhone for the past few days.
    It looks like if I force the browser to a url with touch at the start it works. But as soon as it reverts to a url without touch then I get the error message.

My problems "disappeared" late last night, I've no idea as to why.

• Advertisement

John.G wrote: »
    My problems "disappeared" late last night, I've no idea as to why.

Clearing the cache seemed to help me

Boards.ie Employee

Hi all, we had some technical issues over the weekend which caused some disruption. There may be some further downtime today as we work through some issues caused by the outage. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hi all, we had some technical issues over the weekend which caused some disruption. There may be some further downtime today as we work through some issues caused by the outage. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there still some disruption?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there still some disruption?

Seems OK here, maybe a little slower than normal.

It was ok but today I can’t browse the forum list. When I select the menu at the top right I get a blank blue screen.
    I’ve cant believe how shoddy the recent updates have been. If I managed code this badly I’d be sacked.

• Advertisement

I'm getting error 500 and when I can post, double posting

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm getting error 500 and when I can post, double posting

It was flagged up late last night I think that they were still experiencing problems over the weekend, my system is operating reasonably bearing this in mind.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi all, as John.G said there we were having some more issues this weekend just gone but things should be more or less back to normal today while the team are tying up any loose ends. Thanks for your patience, I know how annoying it can be.

Error 524 Ray ID: 4938f34bbd65a701 • 2019-01-03 22:39:10 UTC
    A timeout occurred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Getting 503 log in error a little while ago but now fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

We've had some issues with the boxes that handle our login this evening. Things are starting to come back online, maybe unstable though for a while to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Not sure if it's the same issue, but I'm getting a lot of database errors recently. Twice already today, I've been posting something - first time, I hit Post Quick Reply and got database error; second time I accidentally hit reply, got database error... noticed the post was posted went to hit edit, database error... then went back again to edit it and it was gone.

Using Opera on legacy site.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Looks like there were some intermittent errors on one of the web nodes earlier today giving errors, the team are aware of it now. Thanks FS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I can log into boards fine from my desktop. Since yesterday, I get 503 errors from my phone. Consistently, 100%. This all worked fine on Thursday. FWIW Android phone, Chrome browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi guys,

I've just done some digging into the reports of errors. It would appear the issue is linked to our api, which the touch site makes use of which is why the errors seem restricted to that only. Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a fix available until Tue when the devs are back in the office.

Apologies for the inconvenience - a temporary work around would be to use the desktop site for the moment.
    R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hi guys,

I've just done some digging into the reports of errors. It would appear the issue is linked to our api, which the touch site makes use of which is why the errors seem restricted to that only. Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a fix available until Tue when the devs are back in the office.

Apologies for the inconvenience - a temporary work around would be to use the desktop site for the moment.
    R.

In my case, I cleared browser history on the phone, problem went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

This problem is still there no matter what browser is used with android.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,005 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Igotadose wrote: »
    I can log into boards fine from my desktop. Since yesterday, I get 503 errors from my phone. Consistently, 100%. This all worked fine on Thursday. FWIW Android phone, Chrome browser.

It works fine for me in Chrome, but I get the 503 error using Brave browser. I guessed it was something to do with ad blocking in Brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm using incognito mode and can access it that way. You could try that til issue is resolved

Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

We're working on restoring full stability now. Apologies for the disruption over the weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement