Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Jump-start Power Bank with Compressor - 69.99

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Dades wrote: »
    How do you charge a laptop with it? Just curious.

It has the lead, adaptor and a variety of connectors!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

unreg999 wrote: »
    It has the lead, adaptor and a variety of connectors!
    I was pretty sceptical it had a Mac magsafe connector, but apparently it does. Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My neighbour left her car lights on overnight, so battery dead, car not starting.

Out I came with my £22 tiny little powerbank. I felt like a bit of a fool, how could such a small battery possibly jump start the car?

But yes. Yes it did start the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI - just bought this for £16.99 on a Lightning Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Basq wrote: »
    £20.99 now, corrected your right still 16.99 ,do i dont i,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Doesnt ship to Ireland and wont ship to my uk address in the north either

Doesnt ship to Ireland and wont ship to my uk address in the north either
    Anything with Lithium Ion Batteries and the like can only be sent to UK Mainland, so I recommend AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Grabbed one aswell, for 19.40 has to be worth a punt considering youd pay the same for a powerbank, as above addresspal was the only option, even though the only time I used them before they lost the package I'll give them 1 more try.

Intrested to see how it will fair over time without much use and if it'll end up as a paperweight, but sure isn't that what bargain alerts is for!

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Intrested to see how it will fair over time without much use and if it'll end up as a paperweight, but sure isn't that what bargain alerts is for!
    Can be used as a powerbank also.. so potentially some usage there.

5500 wrote: »
    Intrested to see how it will fair over time without much use and if it'll end up as a paperweight!

You will need to charge it up every month or two otherwise it won't be able to jump start a car, but there is no reason it won't last for a few years. I'm keeping mine in my classic car (20 years old) that I take up the mountains to go hiking. The last thing I would want after coming down from a long winter hike to my car in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception is for it not to start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

what car Unkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

0 positive feedback,,,

Knew it was too good to be true, got refunded earlier

tw0nk wrote: »
    what car Unkel?

The car I keep the charger in? A '99 Porsche Boxster. My other classic, an '87 Mercedes 190E 2.6 auto, is up for sale. Or it will be in the next few days. If I were to keep it, I'd keep a charger in that car too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

unkel wrote: »
    The car I keep the charger in? A '99 Porsche Boxster. My other classic, an '87 Mercedes 190E 2.6 auto, is up for sale. Or it will be in the next few days. If I were to keep it, I'd keep a charger in that car too :D

Nice, I'm trying to decide what classic to get, didn't realise boxters were classic now, excellent!

Well depends on your definition of classic :)

You don't get the cheap €56 motor tax until the car is 30 years old and insurance depends, I have a very cheap fully comp policy where even some 15 year old cars qualify as classic. If you are interested in classic cars, have a look on the classic cars forum! Even start a thread with what you like and you'll get a load of helpful reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I bought an 8000/300 one on a lightning deal

Would have preferred bigger money allowing

,car is a 1.3 and easy started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Starter basq linked to arrived yesterday, surprised at how small it is, easy to throw in the glove box and forget its there. Plenty of warnings on it though not to use on a diesel engine, but ok with petrol up to 2.5L, presume the 300A isnt enough for diesel, so worth bearing in mind for anyone who is looking to pick one up, take note of the starting/peak current

Advertisement