Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just got this on sale. Blasting through the campaign right now. Is anyone still playing online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just got this on sale. Blasting through the campaign right now. Is anyone still playing online?

What platform you on? Still about 10k people playing on xboxone

Im on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Im on PS4.

Yeah there's still a lively crowd on PS4. Mostly confined to vanilla maps which isn't too bad really. Get used to playing a lot of 'Seige of Shanghai' (one of the best maps in the game) 'Operation Locker' and 'Metro' (two of the worst). The latter two are handy enough for levelling up but they're complete cluster fúcks. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is the campaign still buggy? Lost my progress several times as the save just disappeared. Ah good times. This war my first real foray into the Battlefield series and it blew me away. Funnily enough I tried Battlefield 3 and couldn't get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is the campaign still buggy? Lost my progress several times as the save just disappeared. Ah good times. This war my first real foray into the Battlefield series and it blew me away. Funnily enough I tried Battlefield 3 and couldn't get into it.
    Bad Company 2 was where it was at.

BF3 and 4 are completely different games compared to it. Still clocked up an unhealthy amount of hours in them, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tazzimus wrote: »

BF3 and 4 are completely different games compared to it. Still clocked up an unhealthy amount of hours in them, mind.

I have 150 hours play time in Battlefield 4 on PC and I do not know how many with the same game on the Xbox but I haven't played either for well over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Battlefield 4 is having a bit of a resurgence. A lot of Battlefield youtubers are going back to it because the truth of the matter is that it's just better than BF1 (well in my opinion at least). I completely believe it's the best current gen first person shooter because the myriad of problems it had at launch have not only been fixed, they have made it a better game than the one they set out to make. Bringing in Dice LA was a masterstroke and they've been handing our free dlc packs as a sort of an apology.

EA deserve every bit of **** thrown at them but Dice have been doing everything in their power to make BF4 as good as they knew it could be. And they have succeeded with flying colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,110 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Played a few rounds last night on Xbox one. Still a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It's hard to beat driving in a convoy of Tanks on Golmud Railway swatting choppers out of the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Chopper hunting was my favourite thing, such satisfaction clipping one as it flew past, trying to blow you up

I bought it again during the thanksgiving sale on Xbox, still loads of people playing and it's just fantastic fun. Battlefield 1 looks great, but there's something about it that doesn't hold my attention in the same way that bf4 can.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Anyone on psn still play? We can squad up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've been playing Hardcore Conquest non stop for the last couple of months. It's still an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

I've been playing Hardcore Conquest non stop for the last couple of months. It's still an amazing game.

Still the best mp game on the PS4. Much better than bf1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Can't get online. I think EA might be getting trolled.

Battlefront 2 is down too. Says they are on it on the forums tho.

man i'm so bad at this game but
    conquest Hainan resort,
    behind whole game but in touch
    ticking down
    I'm bad renember
    jump on flag kill 2, boat comes in, kill him , get flag
    hold hold
    ticking down
    won by 27 would have been spectacular @1 but I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Mtx wrote: »
    Anyone on psn still play? We can squad up!
    Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I was playing it this week whats left of my favourites still full.

kdjac on origin but I only play hardcore.

• Advertisement

playing a lot of different games at the moment, put this on the other day, it's such an emotional investment. playing rush solo last night and getting steamrolled, lost 6 terminals. then the hive mind kicked in and collectively my team took a stand, game's freaking awesome.

playing a lot of different games at the moment, put this on the other day, it's such an emotional investment. playing rush solo last night and getting steamrolled, lost 6 terminals. then the hive mind kicked in and collectively my team took a stand, game's freaking awesome.

Aye,

was fluting around at the weekend and didn't really have any plans to play anything in particular, said I'd fire this up for a look to see how many were still playing. hopped into a nearly full server on Caspian Border and had a great 45 minutes with the entire game coming down to only a few tickets. It really turned out to be one of the best battlefield games in the end.

had no trouble getting games, only thing is Metro seems to be gone from my system, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
    I used to love COD and what made me leave it was how they let each instalment get hacked after around 9 months, you can't go back to the old games anymore. In fairness to the developers here you can still enjoy the older titles, on console anyway, not sure what PC is like.

had no trouble getting games, only thing is Metro seems to be gone from my system, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
    I used to love COD and what made me leave it was how they let each instalment get hacked after around 9 months, you can't go back to the old games anymore. In fairness to the developers here you can still enjoy the older titles, on console anyway, not sure what PC is like.

I see jackfrags had a recent video up on youtube playing on one of the china rising maps, and he commented that theres still plenty servers active. Its hard enough to get a game on many of the DLC maps on XB1 anyway. Personally, while BF1, is a fine game, theres just something about it that doesn't do it for me, I much prefer the modern setting.

Battlefield 1 may be the best looking game I have but I agree I much prefer the modern setting, there's just so much going on in BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'm in the same boat on the setting - much prefer modern. There's so much more to do in terms of vehicles, gadgets and weapons.

I liked BF1 but got bored of it quite quickly, still playing BF4.

In one game yesterday I was a medic, support and engineer, kept switching every time I died, couldn't settle on what I wanted to be. All worthwhile at the end when an armoured car crashed through a wall and fortunately I had an RPG.

In one game yesterday I was a medic, support and engineer, kept switching every time I died, couldn't settle on what I wanted to be. All worthwhile at the end when an armoured car crashed through a wall and fortunately I had an RPG.

Theres an amazing sense of satisfaction on getting 3 c4's planted on a tank or APC and getting a squad wipe. regardless of whether or not I died as well - Worth it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im reinstalling after watching this :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It was a great game. Watched only a minute or two of that video so don't know if I missed anything important. I stopped playing after my father got a smart phone a few years back and was hogging the internet(I have a slow connection).

I would be playing and it would glitch out. I would see a guy next thing he would be standing in a different place. Had to stop playing.

Advertisement