Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-11-2019, 16:28   #61
Whack1983
Registered User
 
Whack1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojong212 View Post
We are going on Thursday for reinspection and hopefully closing by Friday. Did you have any further snags after your reinspection
There was no new snags but there was a few items that we agreed they could fix post close. Mostly it was glass that needed replacing and was on order
Whack1983 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-11-2019, 15:27   #62
Whack1983
Registered User
 
Whack1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Has anyone done anything with the water pump to reduce the noise?

I know they are noisy but mine seems excessive.
Whack1983 is offline  
03-12-2019, 09:44   #63
raidyb123
Registered User
 
raidyb123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Just been told my place will be ready for snagging on Friday ! woohoo!
raidyb123 is offline  
03-12-2019, 10:41   #64
Whack1983
Registered User
 
Whack1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidyb123 View Post
Just been told my place will be ready for snagging on Friday ! woohoo!
Congrats. Hope all goes well, pretty nice finish done in my place
Whack1983 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-12-2019, 12:45   #65
Rickytumtum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack1983 View Post
Has anyone done anything with the water pump to reduce the noise?

I know they are noisy but mine seems excessive.
Not yet. Usually when I run the hot water the booster kicks in and that is loud, but fine as only for a few seconds. I’ve found in the evening when everyone is in bed, if the heating is kicking in, there is a low hum from the external fan through to the heat pump. It’s annoying but I suppose that it’s only noticeable when the place is in complete silence. How loud is yours and where are you hearing it?
Rickytumtum is offline  
Advertisement
03-12-2019, 13:22   #66
Whack1983
Registered User
 
Whack1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickytumtum View Post
Not yet. Usually when I run the hot water the booster kicks in and that is loud, but fine as only for a few seconds. I’ve found in the evening when everyone is in bed, if the heating is kicking in, there is a low hum from the external fan through to the heat pump. It’s annoying but I suppose that it’s only noticeable when the place is in complete silence. How loud is yours and where are you hearing it?
Its only when we run water, flush toliet/shower/run tap. I think its the sound of the fan so insulation wont help. lasts only a short while.
Might be something i get used to as im moved in more and the place is noisier in general.
Whack1983 is offline  
03-12-2019, 14:07   #67
Colonel Claptrap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack1983 View Post
Its only when we run water, flush toliet/shower/run tap. I think its the sound of the fan so insulation wont help. lasts only a short while.
Might be something i get used to as im moved in more and the place is noisier in general.
Sounds like the water pump rather than the fan.
Colonel Claptrap is offline  
03-12-2019, 14:23   #68
Whack1983
Registered User
 
Whack1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Claptrap View Post
Sounds like the water pump rather than the fan.
Sorry i meant the fan that is on the water pump rather than the outside air to water fan.

I could maybe put something on the sliding panel it is sitting behind to insulate the sound
Whack1983 is offline  
Today, 17:05   #69
mes123
Registered User
 
mes123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack1983 View Post
Congrats. Hope all goes well, pretty nice finish done in my place
Had you any issues with internal paint work?
mes123 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet