Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 13:22   #31
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
There's a wooden panel above the oven that can be removed to accommodate a standard double oven according to the foreman
Brian201888 is online now  
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 13:23   #32
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in
Brian201888 is online now  
12-06-2019, 13:25   #33
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Oh and since it might be of use to some people, there's no outdoor tap and the plumbing in the kitchen doesn't lend itself to putting one in but the plumbers can do one from the ensuite for 80 quid
Brian201888 is online now  
12-06-2019, 19:38   #34
OctoberMammy
Registered User
 
OctoberMammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in
Thanks - yeah, the fridge is 70/30 but we were actually thinking about getting a full-length fridge and an under-counter freezer for the utility instead. Can't see there being any problem with it (i.e. securing the fridge door to both doors) or am I missing something?

I don't mean a double oven, though - just a single one, but maybe my measurement was off. I assumed integrated ovens were standard size, but now I'm second-guessing myself!

Good to know about the tap, thanks!
OctoberMammy is offline  
16-06-2019, 17:24   #35
gawoo1012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 68
should've been more attentive when last viewing but anyone know what appliances are earmarked for integrating? 70/30 fridge/freezer...is there a placeholder for an integrated dishwasher? microwave? thanks
gawoo1012 is offline  
Advertisement
17-06-2019, 06:33   #36
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman
Brian201888 is online now  
17-06-2019, 09:11   #37
gawoo1012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman
brilliant, thanks mate
gawoo1012 is offline  
17-06-2019, 09:28   #38
TedsRevengeP
Registered User
 
TedsRevengeP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 134
I got an update today from Glenveagh that indicated that Irish water have yet to carry out their connection on site.
They expect to be back in touch at the end of June/first week July with a further update and hopefully will be able to call to snag then.
TedsRevengeP is offline  
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:10   #39
TedsRevengeP
Registered User
 
TedsRevengeP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 134
Weird one I missed before. But is the shower tray included or do we need to supply that?
TedsRevengeP is offline  
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 11:35   #40
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Shower tray is included but not the screen
Brian201888 is online now  
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:44   #41
poundhound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,004
I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.
poundhound is offline  
21-06-2019, 16:54   #42
TedsRevengeP
Registered User
 
TedsRevengeP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundhound View Post
I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.
Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.
TedsRevengeP is offline  
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 16:56   #43
TedsRevengeP
Registered User
 
TedsRevengeP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 134
Heard an update today and they're still hoping to call for snagging in first week of July.
TedsRevengeP is offline  
21-06-2019, 19:14   #44
Brian201888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedsRevengeP View Post
Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.
Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August
Brian201888 is online now  
21-06-2019, 20:35   #45
TedsRevengeP
Registered User
 
TedsRevengeP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August
Nope. no detail like that. Just that general update from their solicitor.
TedsRevengeP is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet