Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 13:22   #31
Brian201888

There's a wooden panel above the oven that can be removed to accommodate a standard double oven according to the foreman
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 13:23   #32
Brian201888

Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in
12-06-2019, 13:25   #33
Brian201888

Oh and since it might be of use to some people, there's no outdoor tap and the plumbing in the kitchen doesn't lend itself to putting one in but the plumbers can do one from the ensuite for 80 quid
12-06-2019, 19:38   #34
OctoberMammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian201888 View Post
Integrated dishwashers should be a standard size and same for the fridge, just be sure you're doing the right split on the fridge/freezer, think it should be a 70/30 but that's from memory.

We've the appliances and flooring picked out, just waiting on dates to get the order in
Thanks - yeah, the fridge is 70/30 but we were actually thinking about getting a full-length fridge and an under-counter freezer for the utility instead. Can't see there being any problem with it (i.e. securing the fridge door to both doors) or am I missing something?

I don't mean a double oven, though - just a single one, but maybe my measurement was off. I assumed integrated ovens were standard size, but now I'm second-guessing myself!

Good to know about the tap, thanks!
16-06-2019, 17:24   #35
gawoo1012

should've been more attentive when last viewing but anyone know what appliances are earmarked for integrating? 70/30 fridge/freezer...is there a placeholder for an integrated dishwasher? microwave? thanks
Advertisement
17-06-2019, 06:33   #36
Brian201888

Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman
17-06-2019, 09:11   #37
gawoo1012

Quote:
Dishwasher goes in the island, fridge is 70/30, set up for oven/microwave but can change that to double oven according to foreman
brilliant, thanks mate
17-06-2019, 09:28   #38
TedsRevengeP

I got an update today from Glenveagh that indicated that Irish water have yet to carry out their connection on site.
They expect to be back in touch at the end of June/first week July with a further update and hopefully will be able to call to snag then.
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:10   #39
TedsRevengeP

Weird one I missed before. But is the shower tray included or do we need to supply that?
Advertisement
20-06-2019, 11:35   #40
Brian201888

Shower tray is included but not the screen
Thanks from:
20-06-2019, 11:44   #41
poundhound

I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.
21-06-2019, 16:54   #42
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poundhound View Post
I have lived in Rush all my life and it is a great place to raise kids. Particularity as its surrounded by two beaches.

My concern is how the influx of the additional population will affect the towns infrastructure.

Getting school placements is already problematic.

In addition, the estate agents brochures use the train station as a selling point.
During school months the trains are standing room only and both car parks are almost at capacity each morning.

I see both these problems escalating by the end of the year.
Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 16:56   #43
TedsRevengeP

Heard an update today and they're still hoping to call for snagging in first week of July.
21-06-2019, 19:14   #44
Brian201888

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedsRevengeP View Post
Yeah, hopefully it's addressed in some way.

I've seen a lot of talk of how the town needs to be redeveloped a bit, maybe an increase of demand/population might stimulate that? Of course that's coming from me that has no idea.
Plus the main appeal of Rush is that it isn't a giant town surrounded by a rake of new builds for commuters. It's character and charm needs to be mainatined also.
Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August
21-06-2019, 20:35   #45
TedsRevengeP

Quote:
Yeah I'm hoping the influx of young couples to the area with the new estates might kick a bit more life into the main Street. A few more restaurants/cafes would be nice.

Did they mention in the update if Irish Water have been out to do their part yet? Would be great to get to snag start of July, hopefully there's minimal issues and we can get in before August
Nope. no detail like that. Just that general update from their solicitor.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion