Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-12-2019, 21:01   #1
TK Lemon

Recommend a good safe supplier

Mr Lemon and I are looking for a good safe to be integrated into a built-in wardrobe. Most of the results are yielding digital safes (even expensive ones). They're muck in my opinion, they're flimsy and don't seem as sturdy and if the battery pack dies or malfunctions in any way when the safe is closed you are screwed. (and we don't like having override keys lying around).

We both prefer the classical safe with the analogue combintion dial (the standard "rotating one").

Can anyone suggest a good supplier in North County Dublin ?
Advertisement
04-12-2019, 01:03   #2
the_syco
Subscriber

IMO, unless it's bolted to a concrete wall, it could just get taken and worked on/opened elsewhere.
(2) thanks from:
10-12-2019, 14:45   #3
Arklow10

Buy online - lots of options available and have fitted into a wall.
14-12-2019, 18:39   #4
TK Lemon

The safe will be bolted down in a secret location.

All safes I’ve come across now seem to be digital pin pads ones.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier of a good twist lock combination safe?
14-12-2019, 18:40   #5
stargazer 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Lemon View Post

Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier of a good twist lock combination safe?
I think these guys may do them

http://www.corkeysecurity.ie
Advertisement
29-12-2019, 21:42   #6
TK Lemon

Thanks for the replies so far. Whether or not the safe can be pulled out is not within the scope of this thread, it will be bolted down in a built in wardrobe FWIW.

My issue is that I'm struggling to find a classic twist-style combination lock. All that seems to be available is lock and key style or keypad.

We don't like the idea of keypad incase the battery pak comes loose when the door is closed or if the batteries die or even a loose electrical connection and having to keep track of an override key.
29-12-2019, 21:52   #7
Banned

Is it to protect things when you are out ?
If so it's most important that no one knows of its existence and that it is hard to find and on finding it will trigger an alarm.

If it's to protect things when you are in then you need to understand that if the intruder wants you to open the safe you will open the safe.

The best option is to make it clear you do not store things at home that people would want.
29-12-2019, 22:08   #8
Zenify

I bought a gun safe from a guy in kilkenny a few years ago. He does call outs and installs hidden safes too but I just went and picked one up from him. I found him on donedeal. If you search donedeal you'll find him advertising the Infac gun safes.
30-12-2019, 11:24   #9

I have a small gun safe that was bought off the shelf and it's pretty good (I'll check the model).

It's solid steel, bolted down (I also set the bolts into concrete) and has 2 steel live-locking bolts with a 6 lever manual keyed lock with concealed hinges.

Depends on your size requirements but for standard household valuables/documents it's simple and does the job.

Last edited by Fringegirl; 30-12-2019 at 11:46.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion