Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

Has anyone done anything with the water pump to reduce the noise?

I know they are noisy but mine seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raidyb123

Just been told my place will be ready for snagging on Friday ! woohoo!

raidyb123 wrote: »
    Just been told my place will be ready for snagging on Friday ! woohoo!

Congrats. Hope all goes well, pretty nice finish done in my place

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Whack1983 wrote: »
    Has anyone done anything with the water pump to reduce the noise?

I know they are noisy but mine seems excessive.

Not yet. Usually when I run the hot water the booster kicks in and that is loud, but fine as only for a few seconds. I’ve found in the evening when everyone is in bed, if the heating is kicking in, there is a low hum from the external fan through to the heat pump. It’s annoying but I suppose that it’s only noticeable when the place is in complete silence. How loud is yours and where are you hearing it?

Not yet. Usually when I run the hot water the booster kicks in and that is loud, but fine as only for a few seconds. I’ve found in the evening when everyone is in bed, if the heating is kicking in, there is a low hum from the external fan through to the heat pump. It’s annoying but I suppose that it’s only noticeable when the place is in complete silence. How loud is yours and where are you hearing it?

Its only when we run water, flush toliet/shower/run tap. I think its the sound of the fan so insulation wont help. lasts only a short while.
    Might be something i get used to as im moved in more and the place is noisier in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Its only when we run water, flush toliet/shower/run tap. I think its the sound of the fan so insulation wont help. lasts only a short while.
    Might be something i get used to as im moved in more and the place is noisier in general.

Sounds like the water pump rather than the fan.

Sounds like the water pump rather than the fan.

Sorry i meant the fan that is on the water pump rather than the outside air to water fan.

I could maybe put something on the sliding panel it is sitting behind to insulate the sound

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mes123

Congrats. Hope all goes well, pretty nice finish done in my place

Had you any issues with internal paint work?

Did my snag yesterday, overall it wasn't bad considering they were obviously pushing it through probably a week or two early to get it off the books before the end of the year.

Not too many major items came up in fairness but yeah some paintwork needs redoing in a few rooms. The biggest paintwork issue was more with the window frames on the inside. They all need cleaning up and repainting. But overall was happy.

mes123 wrote: »
    Had you any issues with internal paint work?

A few spots which they had no problem fixing up but overall no major issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mes123

Thanks for this information. Hoping those who would like to be in for Christmas get everything finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne2412

Hi All - I hope everyone had a great first Christmas in their new homes!

I wanted to see if anyone else has had any problems with the heat alarm over the oven during the break? We’ve only been in a week or two and we’ve found that the heat alarm goes off nearly every time we open the oven door. I think it’s to do with placement as it’s nearly right above and so any bit of steam that escapes sets the alarm off and it doesn’t stop for 5 mins or so. Not great when our toddler is down for his nap / sleeping at night!!

I’m going to get on to the office when they’re back but as it’s likely to be January I’m also hoping others may have had the same thing and figured out how to prevent it!

Hey everyone,

Just getting ready to draw down my mortgage and close my sale. But wanted to check did anyone else have an issue with Bank of Ireland. They are claiming they won't release the funds while some of Dres land dealings are still in the mapping stage for the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Tazium

Hi all,

Wife and I put a booking deposit for a house due for completion in July. Hope you are enjoying your new homes and that you might pass on any information for snag items that are common. In particular I've a question about making small changes and what was permissible by the builder subject to extra cost of course.

Thanks for any detail you can share

Tazium wrote: »
    Hi all,

Wife and I put a booking deposit for a house due for completion in July. Hope you are enjoying your new homes and that you might pass on any information for snag items that are common. In particular I've a question about making small changes and what was permissible by the builder subject to extra cost of course.

Thanks for any detail you can share
    We were told there were no changes ans you took it as is and made any changes (including laying floors) when you have keys.

Overall we did not have many snags bar a few touch ups on paint but not many.
    They have a pretty good finish and have sorted out anything that needed it.

Snags to watch out for that we had:

Make sure the shower and bath are sealed properly
    Windows seem to be scratched on our phase which they sorted out but make sure to note them

One thing i have noticed is the gutters on the three bed semis seem to leak externally and cause a mossy water stain to form on the external wall. Its just looks bad doubt its a concern but worth looking at finished houses and mentioning on snag that you want them to sort out for yours

Hi all - has anyone looked into getting Sky installed in the houses? I know it’s set up for Virgin Media but not sure how easy it would be for Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Wayne2412 wrote: »
    Hi all - has anyone looked into getting Sky installed in the houses? I know it’s set up for Virgin Media but not sure how easy it would be for Sky.

TV you need a dish. Broadband, they use the Eir lines for FTTC and Siro/FTTH use vodafone and Eir's infrastructure respectively.

Have you looked into it (tv that is)? Is the wiring invasive or can they use existing channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KS_1602

Hello, i'm in the development. Does anyone know if there is an active residents group on fb or similar?

I applied to join a group called "St Marnock's Bay residents group" on fb a few months ago - no response for me or my partner.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Tazium

Is construction continuing at the moment? Expecting delays are inevitable.

They were still on site Friday 28th

KS_1602 wrote: »
    Hello, i'm in the development. Does anyone know if there is an active residents group on fb or similar?

I applied to join a group called "St Marnock's Bay residents group" on fb a few months ago - no response for me or my partner.

Thanks

I dont think so. There are groups for portmarnock in general but have seen none for the estate

TV you need a dish. Broadband, they use the Eir lines for FTTC and Siro/FTTH use vodafone and Eir's infrastructure respectively.

It also may depends on whether you have house or apartment - the apartments may have covenants re satellite dishes in the transfer deed

Tazium wrote: »
    Is construction continuing at the moment? Expecting delays are inevitable.

We got an email to confirm construction had halted due to government guidelines (we are already in one of the houses - it was just to let us know).

It also may depends on whether you have house or apartment - the apartments may have covenants re satellite dishes in the transfer deed

We’re in one of the houses. We have virgin media but had sky+ before and it’s light years ahead in terms of the offering. We really want to get it (once all the madness is over and done with that is) but don’t really want cables running down walls etc. so not sure if getting the dish fitted will be too invasive?

I dont think so. There are groups for portmarnock in general but have seen none for the estate

I applied for the same but I think it’s for the older development rather than Dun Si - either way they didn’t reply to my request either!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Hi All. Just jumping in for some quick research as myself and partner are making moves on moving homes this year. Dun Si is on our short list. Hoping some of you would give an honest report of the estate and you experiences so far?. I'm very familiar with Portmarnock and station road. It was my commute from Bayside/Baldoyle for 18 years. My own concerns would be traffic. Huge development on both side of station rd. It's old country road capacity all around that area. I'm aware of the expansion at moyne rd and that is well needed. Any flooding concerns with house insurance? As coast rd R106 from roundabout gets hit bad. Management fees? Any hassles from Dart during recent good weather? There was a link posted for plans of Dun Si or something? But its password protected unfortunately. You all seem to be happy with your homes which is a good sign. Just hoping for some insider info or things to be mindful of. I don't mind planes. Love them actually :-) Many thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Are there more phases planned for Dun Si?

• Advertisement

Alicano wrote: »
    Hi All. Just jumping in for some quick research as myself and partner are making moves on moving homes this year. Dun Si is on our short list. Hoping some of you would give an honest report of the estate and you experiences so far?. I'm very familiar with Portmarnock and station road. It was my commute from Bayside/Baldoyle for 18 years. My own concerns would be traffic. Huge development on both side of station rd. It's old country road capacity all around that area. I'm aware of the expansion at moyne rd and that is well needed. Any flooding concerns with house insurance? As coast rd R106 from roundabout gets hit bad. Management fees? Any hassles from Dart during recent good weather? There was a link posted for plans of Dun Si or something? But its password protected unfortunately. You all seem to be happy with your homes which is a good sign. Just hoping for some insider info or things to be mindful of. I don't mind planes. Love them actually :-) Many thanks all.

Homes are lovely, normal teething problems like any new development, but overall the developer seems to be responsive with dealing with issues (In my experience, but others may differ). You have correctly identified issues which will hopefully be considered and resolved during the expansion of the area. Traffic can be bad on weekends or with sunny weather, with station road backed up both sides due to people trying to go to the beach. The developer received planning permission for the next phase (more houses down the back end, and development of cafes and duplexes where the site offices now stand) in January, and one of the pre construction conditions is that station road needs to be upgraded. From memory, this involves traffic lights at the junction to the back road. Not sure about how effective it will be though. No real issues with dart yet, but capacity is obviously something that needs to be considered going forward. Not much can be done about that. Lack of schools in the area is also a consideration,

As for flood risk, like everything else referred to in this post, that’s something you would need to take expert advice on, but from memory, the flood risk assessment which was submitted as part of the application for permission shows flooding only down at the round about, and on chapel road. It was based on FCC data, and I’m not sure how up to date that data is, and whether it took climate change into account. That being said, I don’t know of anyone having an issue with insurance.

Planes are obviously a pain in the ass, even with all of the insulation and triple glazing, you can hear them fly overhead at night. It’s not so bad in the day. Each to their own I guess - it’s something you get used to, and something which I was starting to get used to until the pandemic stopped all flights. I would recommend visiting one of the show houses when and if they start doing that, just to experience it first. A virtual tour won’t capture that.

As for future phases, you can see the master plan at portmarnocksouthphase1c.com - this is the developers online portal for their upcoming phase, and contains the reports and documents submitted for planning permission (it’s a fast track Strategic Houseing Development application which was made straight to ABP. The previous (ie. current) phase 1b website has been taken down, and the An Bord Pleanala website doesn’t have the reports online, only the grant of permission, inspectors report and Board direction. You can call ABP and they will email out anything you want, or you can visit their officers on Marlborough St, look at the planning file and get them to email out anything. Most of what is on phase 1c is probably a rehash of 1b so unlikely to be a need.

Even if everything above seems negative, I have to say we are delighted with the house and the area.

Advertisement