Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian dishwasher

• 24-05-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

My dishwasher has the programmes named in Italian and the manual doesn't say what they mean. Normale con/senza prelavaggio and breve I can understand, but what is "Ammollo"? Google translate tells me it is soak, but would it be more like Rinse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 corkleo

Well I'd say "soak" is the correct one. to put something "a mollo" literally means to soak/submerge(and keep submerged)/dip/dive... is putting stuff underwater (or another liquid) and keep it down inside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Eilis Plasticpaddy

Corkleo is right. When your stuff is particularly dirty, with stains hard to remove, you leave it in "ammollo", which is a program coming before the actual washing, just to make it easy for the cleaning powder to act better.

Advertisement