Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your ''I'm on holidays'' weather report.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ZX7R wrote: »
    Experienced proper mammatus clouds yesterday,there was high level lightning and long long rumble's of thunder with it,then my first proper shelf cloud rolled in and all hell broke loose,heavy hail strong winds lightning increased to a flash Evey 3 seconds lasted near an hour.
    It was brilliant.
    South East Poland.
    There was a second thunder storm during the night , slept through it sadly

Hope you got pictures !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Hope you got pictures !

Too excited and was having a beer,I think the wife may have gotten a few

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thira, santorini 26 and sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

29c, sunny and calm in Venice however a good few towing cumulus not far away, trying their best to break through the CAP. Heading to Lake Garda in a couple of hours, which is at the edge of a level 2 estofex severe weather warning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm back from Malaga about a week, however yesterday the Fuengirola/Malaga region reached 41C in a day of extreme heat! Those sort of temperatures are only reached a few days per year in the region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭alentejo

Just outside Lisbon. 22 c cloudy. Was foggy early. Two days like this so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm back from Malaga about a week, however yesterday the Fuengirola/Malaga region reached 41C in a day of extreme heat! Those sort of temperatures are only reached a few days per year in the region.

I'm just home a few minutes from Benalmadena, and can confirm it was proper hot yesterday. I don't know exactly what temperature but it had to be close to 40.

The only time I've ever experienced such temperatures before funny enough was in the same place 5 or 6 years ago when it hit 42. Even the Spanish shopkeepers were commenting how hot it was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The airport shows 39°c from 3pm-5pm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

29C at 9am in the south of France with clear cloudless skies, was still 27C as I was going to bed at 2am.

I see Donegal is covered in a nice big lump of rain on the radar with a 'feels like' temperature of 11C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

My flight from Munich to Dublin is due to take off at 21:10 and there's a monster of a storm to my West. In fact, there are storms galore to my West. Looking like a bumpy start to my flight with plenty of flashing to be seen it the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

28 on naxos bright sunny and quite windy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

28 on naxos bright sunny and quite windy

Jealous of both the heat and location!! Loved our visit to Naxos a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Holland, 21 degrees, blue skies, promished good for the next five days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Vendee on the coast 25 clear blue. Nights nice n cold .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Nice thunderstorm here in Alghero this evening. Some nice CGs, including one very close (<1 km) over the water near the beach. A couple of boats/yachts were right in that area at the time but my view of them was blocked by some palm trees as I was sheltering under a building. Here's a radar shot from right then (right under the red blob).

488839.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Sferics at the time.

488840.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Danny Lively Campfire

Currently sitting on balcony of hotel in Dubrovnik watching lightening storm out over the Adriatic. Mental warm here last few days (for me ) 30/34c. Crazy thunderstorm at dawn today then another glorious day. They do thunderstorms differently here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Currently sitting on balcony of hotel in Dubrovnik watching lightening storm out over the Adriatic. Mental warm here last few days (for me ) 30/34c. Crazy thunderstorm at dawn today then another glorious day. They do thunderstorms differently here.

We don't get thunderstorms in Ireland except once every 20+ years. A few rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning is not a thunderstorm, that's about the best we get most of the time in this country and even those are rare.

We don't get thunderstorms in Ireland except once every 20+ years. A few rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning is not a thunderstorm, that's about the best we get most of the time in this country and even those are rare.

Yeah it's something else compared to what I'm used to alright. I remember my last memorable one being a crazy one about 10 years ago out over the Irish sea from Meath coast. Looking at the strike map rightow these are over 50km away from me and I can see clear as day.

Watching another major show from the balcony tonight

• Advertisement

Same again now but not showing up on the map yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Artane2002

What about the November 2010 thundersnow? I thought it was a decent one, the best I've seen in this country. I wish I can experience it again, it's my favourite snow event :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭moby2101

31 in the shade In Antibes, 36 inc humidity... heading home in a few days to 🌧🌧😱

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cailin8

-1 degree with light snow showers in Turku, Finland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Alicante. Weather has been fab the last week, bit cloudy now

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Was out in Fuerteventura the last week and it was very hot. Temps of 31.5 degrees locally Wednesday to Friday and up to 30 on Saturday. Looks like we were lucky with the weather as locals said it was hot and dry for the time of year. Big shock to the system to be back in this cooler climate! Bbbrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Deffo not a holiday but someone I know who is working on a tower in Iceland, photo from last Friday

494501.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

No idea where to post, but I went on a short holiday(?) to wicklow yesterday, up Djouce, which has a nice covering up top. Very clear morning on the way up, 10 mins from the top a cloud moved in and dumped a bit more snow, then moved off again :)

495007.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Playa Mogán Gran Canaria 26 degrees not a cloud in the sky absolutely glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

In Siem Reap, Cambodia. 33 degrees and sunny.
    Cools to low 20s in the evening. Amazing place definitely recommend it. :)

Advertisement