Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heat Hero Manifold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sinnyoggy

podge3 wrote: »
    I got a Heat Hero installed a few weeks back. While I haven't lit a big fire since, I'm pretty sure it does what it says on the tin.

A bit of background on my system. My house had OFCH and I fitted a stove about 4 years ago. The stove worked fine and I had plenty of hot water. Some of the rads furthest away from the stove could have been a little warmer but the oil wasn't much better.

The main reason I fitted the HH was that I couldn't run the oil and stove at the same time. I did a lot of research and spoke to Art at HH a few times before I finally decided to go down this route.

My first impression when I opened the box was that the RRP of €280 was quite expensive. While I knew what it was before I purchased, when you see it in the metal it really hard to justify the price IMHO. I can't see it costing any more than €50 to manufacture, box etc. Even allowing for other costs and a bit of profit, I think €99 would be more than fair.

Anyhoo, I suppose the price is irrelevant to some degree and I can certainly run the stove & oil together now. I must re-balance the system as I also ran additional pipes to the cylinder and fitted a larger cylinder with a dual coil so the system is now out of balance.

It'll probably be next winter now before I give it a good run but I'm very happy with the initial results.

BTW, I purchased my HH on eBay. Seller (MOD EDIT, REMOVED LINK) accepted an offer of £185 with free delivery so saves a bit on the RRP.

MOD Note: If any readers need seller info on this item please pm this message poster.

Hi,

I’m just wondering how you got in since this post. Do you think the HH is worth getting?

Please & thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

Hey rustynutz any word from your friend on how he got on with Heathero.
    Did it make an improvement to home heating costs/ efficiency.
    Would love some honest independent feedback on this as tempted to take the plunge before winter lands

rustynutz wrote: »
    I am having issues with my stove not heating all my rads, I got a plumber (recommended by a friend) out to take a look at it. He strongly advised fitting one of these HH manifolds, he said he was sceptical at first but took a gamble and fitted one in his sisters house when she was having similar issues with her stove, he said the results were amazing. He has since fitted half a dozen of them with great results. Now I am only going by his word, but he seemed like an experienced plumber and not someone to be taken in by the latest snake oil.

I hadn't heard of the product so like the OP I googled it but couldn't find much on it. I'm undecided about fitting it, my friend (who recommended the plumber) is getting one fitted in his house shortly so I will wait and see how he gets on before deciding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

What sort of price should I expect to pay in total.

Looks like I will be looking at €900 between hardware and plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

restive wrote: »

Wow that’s some expensive magic beans you’re buying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Are they installing a Gold Heat Hero?

What cost should I be looking at?

What cost should I be looking at?

Out of curiosity what problems are you having that you need this product installed?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what problems are you having that you need this product installed?

Radiators not getting as hot as the should in the winter. They are also uneven with there heat out put.

Radiators not getting as hot as the should in the winter. They are also uneven with there heat out put.

Honestly, save your money and get a professional opinion on the system. This heat hero cannot create extra KW’s. If your system is piped correctly then it’ll work correctly. There is no magic fix

• Advertisement

Honestly, save your money and get a professional opinion on the system. This heat hero cannot create extra KW’s. If your system is piped correctly then it’ll work correctly. There is no magic fix

Thanks for the reply, who would give me a professional opinion on my system? I'll be waiting two months for a plumber to install the heat hero.

Thanks for the reply, who would give me a professional opinion on my system? I'll be waiting two months for a plumber to install the heat hero.

It’s a busy time for plumbers. But I’d really hold off installing this. It probably isn’t necessary. What are are you based and I’ll try recommend someone.

It’s a busy time for plumbers. But I’d really hold off installing this. It probably isn’t necessary. What are are you based and I’ll try recommend someone.

West of Roscommon Town

Thanks

West of Roscommon Town

Thanks

Don’t know anyone there but somebody else might.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

theduffer wrote: »
    For the non plumbing folks out there does the injector talked about below do the same thing as the Heat Hero?

Only looked at this now,the fabrication of the Injector T is very well explained but the schematic of the heating system shows the cylinder coil flow from bottom to top?.
    Edit: This should have quoted post no20.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

i have dealt with this crowd and (MOD SNIP) wouldn't advice anyone to go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

I'm looking to get the heat hero installed as well. My plumber wont do it. Anyone know of a plumber in county clare or limerick city area that gap successfully fitted one or few heat heroes. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vincie1967

Hi I am in the same boat as alot of the thread on here. Boiler stove burning sticks and low smoke ovodes. I have many issues including pitching ie overlow running into the small expansion tank in the attic. I have lots of hot water but rads are slow to heat with some only getting luke warm and when a coal fire is on the sitting room in very often uncomfortably warm even with the door open. I have looked a bit at heat hero which does make great claims. From what I can see the injection manifolds treat your hot water tank as another radiator so that more hot water is sent to the room rads quicker. I don't see any issue with this to be honest. Maybe I am missing something as I am not a plumber. So if anyone can shed any proof on the system working from before fitting and after fitting I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

vincie1967 wrote: »
    Hi I am in the same boat as alot of the thread on here. Boiler stove burning sticks and low smoke ovodes. I have many issues including pitching ie overlow running into the small expansion tank in the attic. I have lots of hot water but rads are slow to heat with some only getting luke warm and when a coal fire is on the sitting room in very often uncomfortably warm even with the door open. I have looked a bit at heat hero which does make great claims. From what I can see the injection manifolds treat your hot water tank as another radiator so that more hot water is sent to the room rads quicker. I don't see any issue with this to be honest. Maybe I am missing something as I am not a plumber. So if anyone can shed any proof on the system working from before fitting and after fitting I would appreciate it.

Maybe flushing the radiators would help more than this would?
    Think it costs about 500 quid

It's about €280 for the hardware.

• Advertisement

Anyone have or hear any feedback on heathero? Testimonials sound great. Anyone on here take the plunge?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

What my3cents is saying is correct.
    If your not a plumber, how do you know your pipework is correct?
    If you light a big coal fire and leave it going all evening then your 12 rads should be red hot if it's a 20kw stove.
    If they're not hot then you've a piping issue and do fancy product will fix that

Got an Olymberyl Aidan Boiler stove a few years back. Remember reading that at the back, the pipes should be plumbed 'crossed' like an X. Flow/return etc. Not a plumber so don't know much more than than that. Anyway, said it to the plumber at the time (just in the off chance) and the reply was that it has to be plumbed that way to heat the rads properly otherwise you'll have like warm rads and only the hotwater at the taps.

Your issue sounds like the plumbing it's the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Entonces wrote: »
    I'm very interested in this system. I spoke to art yesterday and he has convinced me that this will improve my stoves output, which had been disappointing since day one.
    I'd love some independent feedback before taking the plunge all the same
    Anyone have or hear any feedback on heathero? Testimonials sound great. Anyone on here take the plunge?

So in the 3 years this thread has been active?
    Along with the 3 years since you 1st posted on it?

You haven't found any/enough feedback one way or the other to allow you to make up your mind?
    Despite the advice offered from experienced plumbers even on this thread?

Sounds like enough feedback for me, surely if it worked as claimed in the 3 years since you 1st started looking for info there would be a wealth of positive reviews?

Thanks for taking the time to reply there baine 👌
    So yeah If anyone has installed heathero and has any feedback on it i'd love to hear, Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to reply there baine 👌
    So yeah If anyone has installed heathero and has any feedback on it i'd love to hear, Thanks

You posted about this 4 years ago? How much does it cost? 200 quid or something

Just buy the f**king thing and install it, for the cost of it your hardly breaking the bank....

I spent 3k the other week just on a pellet stove to heat a single room

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You posted about this 4 years ago? How much does it cost? 200 quid or something

Just buy the f**king thing and install it, for the cost of it your hardly breaking the bank....

I spent 3k the other week just on a pellet stove to heat a single room

It will break the bank if it doesn't work and he has to buy a replacement system. Also well done in buying an out of date system for heating a single room. Well researched obviously, your 3k would be better spent on a relaxing cruise. Sounds like you need it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

MOD Note: PLEASE REMAIN CIVIL OR INFRACTIONS WILL BE FREELY DISTRIBUTED.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

It will break the bank if it doesn't work and he has to buy a replacement system. Also well done in buying an out of date system for heating a single room. Well researched obviously, your 3k would be better spent on a relaxing cruise. Sounds like you need it

I doubt it would break the system. What exactly would it do to break it?

If concerned why not go to company and ask for a reference, someone you can ring to see how it works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I doubt it would break the system. What exactly would it do to break it?

If concerned why not go to company and ask for a reference, someone you can ring to see how it works?
    I never said anything about breaking the system. I was merely pointing out that he like all of us are right to do his research. I looked at this product when it first came out and spoke to it's designer on the phone. He couldn't really explain how it worked but that was more down to poor sales pitch than facts given. Looking at the website the flow diagrams from a fluid dynamic perspective will work.
    Since I spoke to him stanley now endorse it and it won top prize at the plumbing and heating awards. None of this info was available when OP originally posted.

Advertisement