Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Eli1 wrote: »
    Today I was told I dont have cancer after all. The best gift of all

The best Christmas present of all!! Fantastic news!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is amazing news!! Congrats.

And thank you getting news like that puts my petty pouting into perspective. So you’ve unintentionally brought me out of the bad mood I was in.

Have a fantastic Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That's amazing news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Amazing!!!!

Last day in the office for a week, flying out this weekend for five days on a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Last day in the office for a week, flying out this weekend for five days on a beach.

Enjoy buddy.

You wouldn't need the fake tan when you get back :D

• Advertisement

Last day for me today this week, then just next week to get through & off for 2 weeks.... this week funnily enough is the first that's dragged a little for me in a while, thats purely due to some work meetings & presentations I'd been anxious over though I suspect.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

And thats that for work in 2020. Have to pop into the office next wednesday to pick up some stuff but other than that its christmas holidays now until January 4th. We normally go out that day & have lunch and a few drinks & its odd the way the year has wrapped up without it & so many people finishing up on different days.

Heading out for dinner with the family tomorrow, my sis & her hubby & my nephew are heading along too so it'll be nice to have a meal & a couple of pints to start it off properly, the place we're going to has fantastic decorations most years so should give us a proper christmas feel.

Will still be popping in here on my phone to see what going on but my time on a pc has ended until January... yay! Have a nice weekend everyone & dont let the last minute stress get to you, try & stop, take a look a round and take in whatever it is you're up to.

Its CHRIIIIIIISTMAS!!!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dentist trip went well this morning.

My dentist even threw in a free scale and polish seeing as it’s Christmas. Which is handy as I will be smiling ear from ear some Monday evening :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Dentist trip went well this morning.

My dentist even threw in a free scale and polish seeing as it’s Christmas. Which is handy as I will be smiling ear from ear some Monday evening :D

I've to wait until February to see my dentist for a check up due in October hes that booked up.

DvB wrote: »
    I've to wait until February to see my dentist for a check up due in October hes that booked up.

Same my dentist has a massive backlog. The first lockdown put him out of action for 2 months.

• Advertisement

A beautiful sunny calm cold day out there, perfect winter weather!

Just glad it's finally stopped raining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Agreed. I got out for a lovely walk at 8am yesterday before the rain started. Portmarnock coast and the seascape was just stunning. Gonna get the whole family out today.

Amen to that. Heading out with the family for a nice long walk.

Unfortunately everyone seems to have the same idea. Pulled in to Malahide Castle to a sea of cars, overflow car parks, etc. so just turned around. Even outdoors the sheer
    volume of people was too much.
    Back on the road trying somewhere else.

Went to drop off the huge amount of cardboard we'd accumulated over the last week and the local recycling centre had a queue if cars a mile long outside, said sod that & turned around to go home. Will pop back down again in the morning & see if its any less busy.

tscul32 wrote: »
    Unfortunately everyone seems to have the same idea. Pulled in to Malahide Castle to a sea of cars, overflow car parks, etc. so just turned around. Even outdoors the sheer
    volume of people was too much.
    Back on the road trying somewhere else.

Went to St. Anne’s this morning as was calling into sisters for a coffee and is near her. Packed, got out of the car and off to a quieter part of the park ASAP.

Have developed a fear of being too close to a lot of people :(

Went to drop off the huge amount of cardboard we'd accumulated over the last week and the local recycling centre had a queue if cars a mile long outside, said sod that & turned around to go home. Will pop back down again in the morning & see if its any less busy.

Wasn’t the one in Swords by any chance? That one has been packed with a queue of cars nearly every time I’ve drove by for months.

On phone so can’t multi quote- not trying to get the stats up!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Wasn’t the one in Swords by any chance? That one has been packed with a queue of cars nearly every time I’ve drove by for months.

On phone so can’t multi quote- not trying to get the stats up!!

Nah, coolmine. Queue hasn't been that big since the 'no charge' days around halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Our kids are a little older. This time last year we were still in the throes of a baby with a milk allergy and sleep deprivation. This year we’re still a bit sleep deprived but a hell of a lot more human. The milk allergy has been outgrown. And Christmas with the pair of them has been fab.

So this year I’m thankful for the energy to run out for pate after bedtimes and the energy to sit up with the Christmas tree lights on, masterchef and some lovely proper chill out time!

Our kids are a little older. This time last year we were still in the throes of a baby with a milk allergy and sleep deprivation. This year we’re still a bit sleep deprived but a hell of a lot more human. The milk allergy has been outgrown. And Christmas with the pair of them has been fab.

So this year I’m thankful for the energy to run out for pate after bedtimes and the energy to sit up with the Christmas tree lights on, masterchef and some lovely proper chill out time!

Bottle of wine and platter of cheese on the table here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is no wind. Sweet utter total silence.. bliss

Going to sitdown later tonight with a Lindt hot chocolate and the RTE Guide crossword.... Christmas isn't over yet and the perfect post 1st day back treat :)

Going to sitdown later tonight with a Lindt hot chocolate and the RTE Guide crossword.... Christmas isn't over yet and the perfect post 1st day back treat :)

Havent got near the crossword yet. Just need to make sure the RTE guide doesn't get thrown out. Hope to look at one night this week.

Havent got near the crossword yet. Just need to make sure the RTE guide doesn't get thrown out. Hope to look at one night this week.

Have it about 80% done & suspect I'm done with it now. Fully expect it to be in the green bin when I get home this evening.

First week back done and dusted!

Going to go back to reduced screen time over the weekend however might check in on my phone at some stage.

Have a great weekend guy, stay safe (and warm!).

First week back done and dusted!

Going to go back to reduced screen time over the weekend however might check in on my phone at some stage.

Have a great weekend guy, stay safe (and warm!).

Was waiting for this, NOW its the weekend!

So glad that first work week is done, sitting back with a nice cold can of guinness now while waiting on dinner.

So glad that first work week is done, sitting back with a nice cold can of guinness now while waiting on dinner.

**Sobs in Saturday work**

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was reading those posts and thinking poor Loughc!!

I have booked Rudolph Day, 25th Jan, off work, so have a 3 day weekend to look forward to in 2 weeks. :)

• Advertisement

**Sobs in Saturday work**

Oops. Sorry dude.

Advertisement