Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expired psc card and collecting JSB payment

• 04-10-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just got approved for JSB starting collection in the post office next week.

I just realised my PSC card just expired a couple weeks ago.

I tried ringing my local SW office but can't get through. I know if I book an appointment it takes 5-10 working days to to get the new card.

So I'm wondering will I be able to collect my payment at the post office in the mean time?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hawthorne

I'd say you will have no difficulty getting your payment in the post office. The PSC card is a sort of identification card- and it still does identify you. And I don't think "they are out to get you". Most likely they will not even notice that the card is out of date.
    Get a new card as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

foxy_j wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just got approved for JSB starting collection in the post office next week.

I just realised my PSC card just expired a couple weeks ago.

I tried ringing my local SW office but can't get through. I know if I book an appointment it takes 5-10 working days to to get the new card.

So I'm wondering will I be able to collect my payment at the post office in the mean time?

Thanks

"Renewing your Public Services Card

Your Public Services Card is valid for 7 years. The DEASP will write to you 90 days before your card expires. You can renew your card by post or by attending a PSC registration centre."

So did they not contact you?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Ya I wasn't sure if they scanned the card or you just showed it as proof of ID.

I rang the general enquires for Social welfare instead of my local branch as I still couldn't get through.

They said to pop into my local office and they would give me a temporary card til the new one arrives.

Oh and yes they had written to me about renewing the card a couple months ago but I had been busy and totally forgot. I hadn't been using the card for years either so had to dig it out and saw the expiry date then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭carveone

Just starting on JSB myself. They give you a temporary card but you'll then also need ID like a passport or drivers licence at the post office. The temporary card is just a bit of paper so they can't be scanning anything...

It seems all a bit odd to me. They're all about doing everything online but you pick up cash at a post office? That'd be a different thread I suppose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

carveone wrote: »
    Just starting on JSB myself. They give you a temporary card but you'll then also need ID like a passport or drivers licence at the post office. The temporary card is just a bit of paper so they can't be scanning anything...

It seems all a bit odd to me. They're all about doing everything online but you pick up cash at a post office? That'd be a different thread I suppose :rolleyes:

You have to collect Jobseekers payments in the PO to demonstrate that you’re meeting the conditions, available for work and resident at the address that you told them you were at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement