Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World - II

• 28-08-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭

A brand new shiny thread for all your Slimming World chat!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yay new thread. Only down one pound this week but at least it is going in the right direction!

Tried the Iceland Syn free veggie burgers at the weekend. They are amazing. Made with chickpeas and turmeric and cumin. Lovely curry taste off them. I had them with some fried onion and syned hallumi grilled. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I tried the Iceland SW sausages a few weeks back, I thought they were awful. I tried both flavors & they both went in the bin after!
    I heard their burgers are supposed to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Maybe a new thread will give me new motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Starting slimming world in 2 weeks but following from home (I'm a poor student :pac: ) , really hoping it works!

Has anyone here tried scan bran? I know it tastes like cardboard but is it good for keeping ya regular?

• Advertisement

Has anyone here tried scan bran? I know it tastes like cardboard but is it good for keeping ya regular?

Not had it but heard it does a great job of that BUT only if you drink extra water, think somebody was saying an extra litre of water per slice is what they needed

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was at a 4 day 30th over the weekend where we went away. Went completely off the rails so I'm hoping 6 days of SP will reel me back in and do some damage control.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KayJay86

Not on its own but there are some brilliant recipes for muffins and mock chocolates (eg fererro roche!) using Scan Bran.

I started the Couch to 5K program last night for some body magic. Legs are in bits this morning.

Any ideas to kick start motivation that has waned? I was doing really well for 5 months (24 pounds) but lately I have been slipping. I would love some ideas to get back on track! I was looking at fat photos last night and panicking thinking I don't want to go back there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

I tried the Iceland SW sausages a few weeks back, I thought they were awful. I tried both flavors & they both went in the bin after!
    I heard their burgers are supposed to be nice.

Best get fat free ones from butchers. :)

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Any ideas to kick start motivation that has waned? I was doing really well for 5 months (24 pounds) but lately I have been slipping. I would love some ideas to get back on track! I was looking at fat photos last night and panicking thinking I don't want to go back there :mad:

How much do you have to loose to reach your goal?
    You could make yourself a weight loss chart! Go in half lb blocks & give yourself little (non edible) treats when you reach certain personal milestones.

One of my treats will be when I drop into the lower stone bracket, the next will be only 4 lbs after that when I hit the weight I had previously plateaued at for a long time. Each time I hit a personal goal, I create a new one! My next treat will be a new top :)

How much do you have to loose to reach your goal?
    You could make yourself a weight loss chart! Go in half lb blocks & give yourself little (non edible) treats when you reach certain personal milestones.

One of my treats will be when I drop into the lower stone bracket, the next will be only 4 lbs after that when I hit the weight I had previously plateaued at for a long time. Each time I hit a personal goal, I create a new one! My next treat will be a new top :)

I had three stone to lose and down 24 pounds so I am over the halfway hump - actually it was just after the hump that I seemed to lose motivation. I've another 18 pounds to go :(

Non-food treats are a great idea actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BunChop_30

Worried about my first weigh in today. I go to the gym five days a week and have been warned that losses might not show like they would if I wasn't exercising, at least not on the scales. Has anyone experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

BunChop_30 wrote: »
    Worried about my first weigh in today. I go to the gym five days a week and have been warned that losses might not show like they would if I wasn't exercising, at least not on the scales. Has anyone experienced this?

Have you only started going to the gym, or had you been going prior to joining SW?

m'lady wrote: »
    Have you only started going to the gym, or had you been going prior to joining SW?

Sorry, should have said! Have been going to the gym for one month!

Sorry, should have said! Have been going to the gym for one month!

I don't think it should have an effect then. What I've been told is that when you start exercising fluid goes to your joints to protect them and then calms down when you continue to exercise-hence why you may not see as big a loss on the scales, but you've been doing it a few weeks.

Good luck at your weigh in, is this the first time you've gone to SW?

m'lady wrote: »
    I don't think it should have an effect then. What I've been told is that when you start exercising fluid goes to your joints to protect them and then calms down when you continue to exercise-hence why you may not see as big a loss on the scales, but you've been doing it a few weeks.

Good luck at your weigh in, is this the first time you've gone to SW?

Thank you! No, I did it for most of 2016 and loved it. Couldn't make it to groups for all of spring, unfortunately, I found I really need the structure. Will be interesting to see how I get on now, I'm 1.5 stone away from target and so impatient!

Thank you! No, I did it for most of 2016 and loved it. Couldn't make it to groups for all of spring, unfortunately, I found I really need the structure. Will be interesting to see how I get on now, I'm 1.5 stone away from target and so impatient!

Let me know won't you?! I'm at target nearly 2 years, it's a fantastic plan! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Exercise will not stop you losing weight. I can't believe I'm saying this.

You have more calories Burned, so you will loose more weight. Weight loss will slimming world is still based on the logic of a caloric deficit, except you just don't count calories. It's the only way to loose weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 19, down 2.5 lbs = 41.5lbs lost, I'm thrilled , hope to get my 3 stone award next week assuming I lose .5 ( I hope I don't jinx myself ) Started back walking this week, baby steps ! Onwards and downwarads

• Advertisement

Exercise will not stop you losing weight. I can't believe I'm saying this.

You have more calories Burned, so you will loose more weight. Weight loss will slimming world is still based on the logic of a caloric deficit, except you just don't count calories. It's the only way to loose weight.

I can't believe you're saying it either ;)

I never wondered if exercise would stop me actually losing weight, I wondered if there might be a fluctuation in muscle mass/fluid retention etc that would delay the fat loss from showing on the scales.

Anyway, down 7.5lbs! Half stone award, which leaves me only one stone from target now. Delighted. So motivated for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Do most people here stay for the class or just go to get weighed? I've lost almost a stone and a half but I'm on the verge of giving up on SW . I find the class to be very mammy/ family orientated with a lot of the discussion centred around that. I'm not going to make a meal for 5 nor do I intend to freeze a portion of food and have it 5 nights a week. I went to WW before and found it to be much more diverse a group, the talks /discussion were better as well, i actually used to look foward to the class but not with SW, it just seems to be the same old same old. The problem with WW is that their classes dont suit given the hours i work so im stuck with SW. I guess i was just wondering if it is this particular class or perhaps that tends to be Slimming Worlds target market and i dont fit the dynamic :( Sorry for the moan!

1Lb down this week which drops me into the lower stone bracket :D

I'm attempting to make the Slimming World Haribo style jellies, they are in the fridge setting as I type. I'm making lemon & lime flavor!

Are Muller lights syn free?

Are Muller lights syn free?

Most of them are...

d5c1895a262b05269ea041de429feba4.jpg

I find pintrest great for checking out syns, there is thousands of pics with syn values like this one :)

Oooh thank you, they look tasty!

Daisy78 wrote:
    Do most people here stay for the class or just go to get weighed? I've lost almost a stone and a half but I'm on the verge of giving up on SW . I find the class to be very mammy/ family orientated with a lot of the discussion centred around that. I'm not going to make a meal for 5 nor do I intend to freeze a portion of food and have it 5 nights a week. I went to WW before and found it to be much more diverse a group, the talks /discussion were better as well, i actually used to look foward to the class but not with SW, it just seems to be the same old same old. The problem with WW is that their classes dont suit given the hours i work so im stuck with SW. I guess i was just wondering if it is this particular class or perhaps that tends to be Slimming Worlds target market and i dont fit the dynamic Sorry for the moan!

I wouldn't find that with my group at all, yes there is mammys there but there is also a lot of older people and quite a few late teens early 20s. Maybe try and get to a different group before you give it up, is there a different consultant you could go to? That sometimes makes the world of difference

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Do most people here stay for the class or just go to get weighed? I've lost almost a stone and a half but I'm on the verge of giving up on SW . I find the class to be very mammy/ family orientated with a lot of the discussion centred around that. I'm not going to make a meal for 5 nor do I intend to freeze a portion of food and have it 5 nights a week. I went to WW before and found it to be much more diverse a group, the talks /discussion were better as well, i actually used to look foward to the class but not with SW, it just seems to be the same old same old. The problem with WW is that their classes dont suit given the hours i work so im stuck with SW. I guess i was just wondering if it is this particular class or perhaps that tends to be Slimming Worlds target market and i dont fit the dynamic :( Sorry for the moan!

That's not my group at all - in fact I'd say the majority of people who stay for class are under 35, and single.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Most of them are...

d5c1895a262b05269ea041de429feba4.jpg

I find pintrest great for checking out syns, there is thousands of pics with syn values like this one :)

I don't know if the new Muller Light Cheesecake Inspired Lemon and Vanilla flavour yogurts (which are in Iceland) are the same as the ones at the bottom of the infographic there? If so, those ones are free according to the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭yummymummyjay

Rejoining slimming world next week so will be keeping an eye here for inspiration and motivation!
    Had a baby 5 months ago and have been trying to motivate myself to lose weight ever since!

Advertisement