Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV3 RWC coverage

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Boscoirl wrote: »

90 min build up is a joke,

The montage team at TV3 have spent the past year in the Blackbird in Rathmines listening out for edgy tunes. Today is their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Melodeon

icdg wrote: »
    Yes, disrespectful IMO, but nothing of the sort today thankfully. Today's TV3 commentary seems to be the world feed. It's not ITV's though.

I brought that up on another thread, and it appears that what happened was that TV3 showed us delayed footage of the Fijian haka (Cibi?) but streamed the live audio from the stadium.
    It looked and sounded very bad all right, but wasn't a true picture of what actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

TV3 switching second half to 3e. Might piss some people off?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Picture quality on 3e is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hate TV3, so stuck ITV on for a look at Tonga v Georgia.

Craig Doyle.

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Is this the first live TV on 3e?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is this the first live TV on 3e?

Pretty sure they've done UEFA Cup games before.

Some great insights on Joe Schmidt from Shane Jennings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Jennings is good. Cooper remains a dunce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Great to see Jennings being allowed to actually speak, instead of all the constant cutting across each other that goes on with McGurk & Hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ive heard Jenno speak before at Supporters Club sessions and stuff, he does not do flowery and im really looking forward to the likes of him and Wood giving unglossed experienced analysis. So long as Cooper keeps himself out of it, it should be a better watch than the jingoistic ITV jamboree. The worst of BBC/Sky/BT lads on loan, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

TV3 switching second half to 3e. Might piss some people off?

Switching the match to SD and showing a lad sitting in a chair in HD doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone hear Matt cooper say toin coss?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is the 3player the best way to watch the matches if you've no TV package? The pic quality from today's match compared to last night is dire?!

Who's that lanky streak with the tiny blonde? Reminds of mick fleet wood and Sam fox all those years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Would people prefer to pay for this?

noway12345 wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tompatrick wrote: »
    Who's that lanky streak with the tiny blonde? Reminds of mick fleet wood and Sam fox all those years ago

Lol showing your age.

Murray Kinsella of 'The 42' and Sinead Kissane of TV3. She always gets a christmas card from Eddie O'Sullivan.

noway12345 wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I'm very happy that TV3 are showing the whole tournament. Better than Setanta having all the games in the past.

That's not a knock on Setantas coverage by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Very abrupt ending to the Georgia Tonga coverage on 3e. Was enjoying looking at the Georgian celebrations. And for what? A repeat of a UK game show.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Tompatrick wrote: »
    Yes

Rich boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

iDave wrote: »
    Very abrupt ending to the Georgia Tonga coverage on 3e. Was enjoying looking at the Georgian celebrations. And for what? A repeat of a UK game show.

Someone on the Group C thread said the coverage ended, if true I suppose we can't blame TV3/3e for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This was a better turn out by TV3 today and was good job on what was not a good game. The commentary was far tighter and it turned what was a fringe game into what a casual fan would possibly have considered to be an excellent game. It will be interesting to see how the next three games shape up as the bar has been raised.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Someone on the Group C thread said the coverage ended, if true I suppose we can't blame TV3/3e for it.

I meant that was the end of TV3/3e's coverage, I've no idea if they're still analysing it on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I meant that was the end of TV3/3e's coverage, I've no idea if they're still analysing it on ITV.

Ah right, thought you meant the break in coverage when Georgia were celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

So. Many. Ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Sake.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

This stupid psychologist skit was on earlier. Maybe don't do 90 minute build up if you don't have content to fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Conor McNamara's accent is situated somewhere between London, Los Angeles and Limerick.

• Advertisement

Sick of these fcukers with endless ads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement