Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV3 RWC coverage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cooper hosted the last world cup for them too. I think he's grand on the oul wireless but he's not as comfortable on the telly.

He's just bad. Arguing about the angle that showed Vunipola's try being the only one and not being conclusive because it was the only one...

And then Muddy Wulliams getting all confused about the first try; both agreeing and disagreeing with Woody without really explaining...

...and the interview with Joe Sch... [green screen] :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It was the 2007 WC the last time Cooper hosted. RTE had the last one.

They should have gone with Tommy Martin,he's not too bad and a proper sportsguy. Looking forward to Shane Jennings and Neil Back input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

rrpc wrote: »
    He's just bad. Arguing about the angle that showed Vunipola's try being the only one and not being conclusive because it was the only one...

That was bad alright, optical illusion?!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

Thought the whole thing is a bit amateurish alright. Bring back the RTE coverage. Its a crying shame that the coverage of the national team wont be shown on national channel. Like I hate George hook as much as next guy but hes got the entertainment factor. Just feels more normal to watch the Rugby on RTE. And I have totally to agree with people who talk about Matt cooper. The man doesn't have a clue about sport. He aint no Tom Mcguirk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Will frano be on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Larbre34 wrote: »
    It was the 2007 WC the last time Cooper hosted.

Wow, it was that long ago.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How much make up have they put on big Mal! He looks like a wax work dummy or a cadaver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

3player is fecked, keeps freezing during the intro ads. Gonna have to get out of bed and turn on the TV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    3player is fecked, keeps freezing during the intro ads. Gonna have to get out of bed and turn on the TV :(

Having the same problem here. Sadly, I don't have a TV to revert to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

The curse of TV3. Rugby world cup 07 and I think a few soccer games they showed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭OldRio

crisco10 wrote: »
    Watched on itv hd which is free on sky.

Sky? Free?

marcoz wrote: »
    Thought the whole thing is a bit amateurish alright. Bring back the RTE coverage. Its a crying shame that the coverage of the national team wont be shown on national channel. Like I hate George hook as much as next guy but hes got the entertainment factor. Just feels more normal to watch the Rugby on RTE. And I have totally to agree with people who talk about Matt cooper. The man doesn't have a clue about sport. He aint no Tom Mcguirk

The RTE panel are doing something online for at least the Ireland games before/HT and after the games.

http://www.the42.ie/rte-rugby-panel-2334809-Sep2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Could have given Tonga v Georgia a longer lead-in rather than more analysis of England game. I know neither will likely get out of the group but poor treatment nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Missed Joe interview-any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

marcoz wrote: »
    TAnd I have totally to agree with people who talk about Matt cooper. The man doesn't have a clue about sport. He aint no Tom Mcguirk

Always thought McGuirk was a bit of a guff merchant tbh - one good or bad game for Ireland and he'd spin it as us being either the greatest or most abject rugby team on the planet.

• Fcuking ads!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

The comm now for Tonga-Georgia is good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Meanwhile over on ITV, Jon Champion...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The comm now for Tonga-Georgia is good.

Is it? I wouldn't know, the tv3 payer isn't working. I could tell you about 90% of the last 12 ads I've seen trying to watch the world cup are like. I fcuking should have known tv3 were going to be sh1te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

My impression watching last night was that i have been subjected to TV3 ads for this world cup for over a year. TV3 soccer presenters have had to pidgeon hole a plug for TV3's coverage of RWC15 into every piece of coverage for ages and ages now.

So, last night was pretty disappointing. All that time they have been preparing for this and we get Matt Cooper and the 2007 vibe. Where there not people working on this? Really looked like no thought went into it at all. Zero originality.

This may sound silly but my UPC says that the Tonga game is being shown til 1pm and then they are leaving it and jumping into pre-match analysis for the Ireland game. Wouldnt put it past TV3. If so, the thing should be taken off them and given back to RTE today, amateurs

• Advertisement

That's exactly what's happening. Second half is on 3e. They want to give more build up time to Ireland.

icdg wrote: »
    That's exactly what's happening. Second half is on 3e. They want to give more build up time to Ireland.

Ah 3e. At least its shown somewhere i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Commentary for Tonga V Georgia isn't bad, last nights sounded like they were covering American football,
    Did the stadium blast music while Fiji were doing their Haka(?) last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Why didn't they just show the full match on 3e and whoever wants the Ireland V Canada preview switches to TV3..!?

Why didn't they just show the full match on 3e and whoever wants the Ireland V Canada preview switches to TV3..!?

That 70s Show

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's a bit ridiculous alright, never mind the fact that we don't need 90 minutes of build up to the Ireland match. Or 45 minutes if you take out all the ads.

Is the commentary on TV3 from the TV3 team or are they just using ITV's stream?

selous wrote: »
    Commentary for Tonga V Georgia isn't bad, last nights sounded like they were covering American football,
    Did the stadium blast music while Fiji were doing their Haka(?) last night?

Yes, disrespectful IMO, but nothing of the sort today thankfully. Today's TV3 commentary seems to be the world feed. It's not ITV's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Didn't mind the coverage last night, it's bland cliched stuff aimed at the casual fan, you expect that but splitting the game today in two across the 2 channels is a pain in the hole

90 min build up is a joke,

• Advertisement

Again, on the Fiji "haka" thing last night. I'm pretty sure they didn't actually play music over it. They didn't actually show the "haka" live and were showing video highlights with the live audio stream which was where the music was coming from. According to twitter though the fans did sing loudly over it. Maybe that's why ITV cut the live coverage because they knew people wouldn't be impressed with the singing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement